News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoreplicas

Quote from: Renecito on August 16, 2019, 10:54:57 PMYou know what, I think you're right!  ;D

Excellent! additional confirmation always helps in these cases ;D

Quote from: Concavenator on August 16, 2019, 11:35:05 PMThere was someone on FB that said,after watching this teaser, that it is going to be a terror bird  ;D Quite a big and odd bird, indeed! ;D

Blimey, I now feel my intense study has been vindicated ;D

Syndicate Bias

It looks like it's defo going to be a theropod.

Fembrogon

I'm grand for whatever it is, frankly. A Deinotherium or Paraceratherium would be delightful, I don't own figures of either, and don't know of many anyway.

That Atlasaurus looks splendid; I knew of the genus as a kid, but not well. That body plan is really something else!

Ceratosaurus

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

mammoth

I made a guess at deinotherium using the old resin Eofauna model as a base.  I think this is the most plausible creature for their next model.

Shonisaurus

M @mammoth Your vision is accurate millimetrically. I also believe that it is a deinotherium and I believe that the prototype will not differ much from the image you have shown. A great year for Eofauna.  :)

Renecito

Quote from: mammoth on August 17, 2019, 10:15:26 AM
I made a guess at deinotherium using the old resin Eofauna model as a base.  I think this is the most plausible creature for their next model.

Awesome!!! I think you nailed it!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

M @mammoth Can it be a leak / revelation of the new figure of Eofauna whose mystery will be solved next Monday? Can it really be the real image of the next Eofauna deinotherium? I think it is an early revelation of the figure of Eofauna.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 17, 2019, 01:53:36 PM
M @mammoth Can it be a leak / revelation of the new figure of Eofauna whose mystery will be solved next Monday? Can it really be the real image of the next Eofauna deinotherium? I think it is an early revelation of the figure of Eofauna.

No, it's a composite image. It won't look exactly like this.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Volgadraco

The strangest Deinotherium sculpture\figure I'v ever seen. The proportions are very surprising... I think I'll buy both Atlasaurus and Deinotherium definitely.

Ravonium

While this is the best figure of Deinotherium on the market, it's not a genus I'm particularly interested in, so I think I'll pass on it.

suspsy

I'll say it again: I am disappointed that it's a third proboscidean. I'd say the exact same thing if it was a third theropod or a third ceratopsian or a third thyreophoran or a third pterosaur. Even a third tyrannosaur. Variety is the spice of life.

That said, I think this Deinotherium looks truly magnificent. Accurate proportions, great sculpting, and nice pose. Based on this one photo alone, it easily tops the ones from CollectA and Mojo Fun. So congratulations once again, Eofauna!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Definitely picking this one up - I think I can squeeze one more onto my well-populated ancient Elephant shelf!

Another great naturalistic sculpt up to the standard that we have come to expect from this company, and somehow they have managed to make a weird looking animal look even weirder!

Although my enthusiasm is slightly tempered; like Suspsy I too was hoping for something a bit different from the animals already released, as was the case with the amazing Atlasaurus (sounds like the stage name for a carnival strongman...). Still, there's always next year.

Flaffy

Wish the colours could've been darker, more akin to their resin Deinotherium. IMO the colour scheme looks too similar to the Palaeoloxodon.
The head looks a little weird, though I'm sure more different angles will make the figure look better.

Still, easily the best affordable Deinotherium on the market, and I certainly don't mind expanding my extinct proboscidean collection; still wish that it was a Platybelodon though, or any other primitive proboscid like Moertherium and Barytherium. That would've shook things up a bit.

Shonisaurus

I would have sincerely preferred a paraceratherium but the Eofauna deinotherium I think is the best that has been made in the collecting market and exceeds the Bullyland, Mojo and Collecta brands.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Here it is! I've been waiting for a good Deinothere to become widely available for a while, so I'm elated! I'm sure I'll get my Paraceratherium someday... I can wait.

The Prehistoric Traveler

Extremely happy with this figure. I'm a huge fan of proboscideans so more of them is always better.

tanystropheus

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on August 19, 2019, 04:58:53 PM

Extremely happy with this figure. I'm a huge fan of proboscideans so more of them is always better.

I've always had an obsession with proboscideans and other prehistoric megafauna. I can't wait to see Eofauna's interpretations of the Chalicotherium and Paraceratherium. I can see this particular company being particularly proficient with ancient rhinoceros as well. If they do attempt to do some of the more common species, e.g. Triceratops (preferably Torosaurus or Eotriceratops), I hope they have some outrageous poses (e.g. howling at the moon, resting or napping).

Shonisaurus

Link to new photos of the deinotherium. It is the best deinotherium made to date surpasses all its predecessors in the market of collecting and toy:

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2019/08/20/new-for-2019-eofauna-deinotherium.html

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: