News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Andreioli on June 19, 2020, 07:55:10 PM
Quote from: Over9K on June 19, 2020, 07:42:46 PM
We interrupt this thread to bring you this...

... we now return you to waiting for the 2020 Eofauna figure.

I'll raise you one:

Photo credit @tiempodetitanes on Instagram.

The picture doesn't work for me...

Andreioli

Quote from: Over9K on June 20, 2020, 09:58:06 AM
Quote from: Andreioli on June 19, 2020, 07:55:10 PM
Quote from: Over9K on June 19, 2020, 07:42:46 PM
We interrupt this thread to bring you this...

... we now return you to waiting for the 2020 Eofauna figure.

I'll raise you one:

Photo credit @tiempodetitanes on Instagram.

The picture doesn't work for me...

Sorry, I had uploaded it to Google Photos and hoped there wouldn't be any issues.

Another try:

Or direct link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/45Gc2r8gXR8XN3mb7

Concavenator

I think it's very likely that their next figure will be a Triceratops. From the groups they said they would be focusing in, ornithischians is the only one that they haven't yet released any model of.

Time ago, someone asked if they were going to make a hadrosaur some day and they said yes. In that case, I really hope they release a hadrosaur instead of a Trike. Triceratops is a dinosaur I don't particularly like, and I really like hadrosaurs. Also, I have decided that from here on out, I only want to get models of dinosaurs I don't have. A (non- Parasaurolophus hadrosaur) would be very welcome in my book, like Brachylophosaurus, Maiasaura, Olorotitan... So, in case they release the Triceratops, I might pass on it, despite how good it will surely be (it will probably be better than the already great Safari version).

suspsy

Again, EoFauna should totally throw a curveball and make Eotriceratops. That'd rock.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

John

I wouldn't mind seeing EoFauna take on Centrosaurus apertus or Chasmosaurus belli. :)

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halzk

Quote from: Narutoceratops on August 15, 2020, 09:47:50 AM
I really hope they release a hadrosaur instead of a Trike.
Completely agree with you, I'm a huge hadrosaur fan and I'd love to see even a popular hadrosaur by Eofauna such as Corythosaurus, which in my opinion, didn't have any really good representation since the one from Toyway.

indohyus

Quote from: Halzk on August 15, 2020, 06:05:18 PM
Completely agree with you, I'm a huge hadrosaur fan and I'd love to see even a popular hadrosaur by Eofauna such as Corythosaurus, which in my opinion, didn't have any really good representation since the one from Toyway.

That or Shangtungasaurus. They seem to like doing the giants, so would do well to use it, plus is a rare species to see in the toy market.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: indohyus on August 15, 2020, 06:28:33 PM

That or Shangtungasaurus. They seem to like doing the giants, so would do well to use it, plus is a rare species to see in the toy market.

On the subject of Hadrosaurs: it may be one of the flashier ones, but I'd also like to mention poor old Lambeosaurus, relatively well-known, and weird and wonderful to boot, but very poorly represented on the toy market.  The best figure of it was probably the Invicta, which of course is very hard to find now.  However, I'm happy with whatever Eofauna chooses to create as their work so far has surpassed almost everything else out there, and I'm sure I'll love whichever dinosaur they bring out next. :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Sim

Quote from: John on August 15, 2020, 05:53:50 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing EoFauna take on Centrosaurus apertus or Chasmosaurus belli. :)

Yes, same here!  Those two really need good toy versions.  I don't like hadrosauromorphs but I wouldn't mind Eofauna making one so that if they make a cheekless ornithischian at least it won't be something I like.  On that note, how would people feel if Eofauna made an ornithischian without cheeks?  For reference here's Eofauna's Triceratops: https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/art/Triceratops-in-the-flesh-work-in-progress-563738384

Triceratops may not be the next dinosaur Eofauna makes, on the image I linked to it says, "Soon available on Shapeways".  I doubt Eofauna would want to make a model that's basically the same as something they sold on Shapeways.

Halzk

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on August 15, 2020, 08:39:37 PM
Quote from: indohyus on August 15, 2020, 06:28:33 PM

On the subject of Hadrosaurs: it may be one of the flashier ones, but I'd also like to mention poor old Lambeosaurus, relatively well-known, and weird and wonderful to boot, but very poorly represented on the toy market.  The best figure of it was probably the Invicta, which of course is very hard to find now.  However, I'm happy with whatever Eofauna chooses to create as their work so far has surpassed almost everything else out there, and I'm sure I'll love whichever dinosaur they bring out next. :)
What about the Bullyland Lambeosaurus? It still holds up in my opinion. But indeed, I'm sure that any dinosaur they'll do next will be lovely.

Flaffy

I would love to see an Eofauna Hadrosaur. Though I'd personally prefer to see more proboscideans. 
If it absolutely had to be a giant hadrosaur, then Magnapaulia would be my choice since there are currently no figures of the genus despite being one of the largest, along with having relatively decent remains preserved.

Wouldn't mind a Shantungosaurus either, since PNSO's one is too big, and the other offerings are too small.

Concavenator

Well, I know I said that in case Eofauna releases a Triceratops I wouldn't be picking it up but, to be honest and realistic, once I see the figure (if it ends up being a reality), I may get it anyways. Their models are just too good to pass up. Last year I just had to get the Giganotosaurus despite being the most represented dinosaur in my collection, it's so good. Guess the (likely) Eofauna Trike will just replace the Papo version I currently have.

But granted, like I said, I would much rather have a (non-Parasaurolophus) hadrosaur instead.  :P

Tyto_Theropod

Yup, Shantungosaurus would be awesome.  Come to think of it, Saurolophus, Prosaurolophus, Hypacrosaurus and Critosaurus could all do with some love too.  IIRC there aren't any models of them currently widely available here in the West at least.  I'd also love to see some more non-Hadrosaur Ornithopods, like Thescelosaurus, Bactrosaurus or Tenontosaurus.  Especially Tenontosaurus, if they made a Deinonychus to go with it - not necessarily hunting it, but just as two animals that shared a landscape and that may have had a predator-prey relationship.  As I say, though, I'll probably be a fan of anything Eofauna do. :)
______________________________________________________________________________________

Shonisaurus

I would also like a tsintaosaurus, it is my favorite hadrosaurid and I would like it to be with its new appearance after the new scientific discoveries, although I would not exactly mind if it had the retro model of a unicorn that said herbivorous dinosaur had until very recently.

The triceratops by Eofauna will be without a doubt great. I understand that they will already have planned how the prototype will be (both the mold and the paint) and that figure will soon be commercialized at the end of the year as I read in the DTF.

I would like Eofauna to also make a kosmoceratops over time so that it could accompany that of Jetoar, BoTM, PNSO and Collecta among other figures. The kosmoceratops is the most horned ceratopsid that exists to date and fossils of its skull are fortunately preserved.

Halzk

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 17, 2020, 07:21:38 PM
I would also like a tsintaosaurus, it is my favorite hadrosaurid and I would like it to be with its new appearance after the new scientific discoveries, although I would not exactly mind if it had the retro model of a unicorn that said herbivorous dinosaur had until very recently.
Tsintaosaurus would be awesome, especially with the new reconstitution.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 17, 2020, 07:21:38 PM

The triceratops by Eofauna will be without a doubt great. I understand that they will already have planned how the prototype will be (both the mold and the paint) and that figure will soon be commercialized at the end of the year as I read in the DTF.

I would like Eofauna to also make a kosmoceratops over time so that it could accompany that of Jetoar, BoTM, PNSO and Collecta among other figures. The kosmoceratops is the most horned ceratopsid that exists to date and fossils of its skull are fortunately preserved.

Totally agree on Tsintaosaurus and Kosmoceratops!  I'd honestly love to see decent figures of them from any readily available company.

Nanuqsaurus

I think Olorotitan would be really interesting to see if they decide to do a hadrosaur! :))

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I have become a huge sauropod fan after seeing their Atlasaurus figure. I am utterly waiting for a Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan, Diplodoccus, Barosaurus, Alamosaurus and Argentinosaurus in figure form created by Eofauna. Any of the above mentioned genera would be awesome in figure form made by them. Among those I shall be super-excited if they make Barosaurus or Argentinosaurus.

Loon

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on August 19, 2020, 08:03:15 AM
I have become a huge sauropod fan after seeing their Atlasaurus figure. I am utterly waiting for a Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan, Diplodoccus, Barosaurus, Alamosaurus and Argentinosaurus in figure form created by Eofauna. Any of the above mentioned genera would be awesome in figure form made by them. Among those I shall be super-excited if they make Barosaurus or Argentinosaurus.

Aren't they all 1:40 scale? I imagine any of those sauropods would be massive. Not that I'd be against it.

SidB

Ditto. Increasing postal/shipping costs as well as demands on shelf space in brick and mortar stores make really big sauropods increasingly unlikely, unless composed of detachable/re-attachable tails and necks, with hollow bodies. We don't know if Eofauna is interested in going in this direction.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: