News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on August 19, 2020, 12:20:52 PM
Ditto. Increasing postal/shipping costs as well as demands on shelf space in brick and mortar stores make really big sauropods increasingly unlikely, unless composed of detachable/re-attachable tails and necks, with hollow bodies. We don't know if Eofauna is interested in going in this direction.

That is true but then why does PNSO make figures like Nick the ceratosaurus or ophtalmosaurus in immense sizes and I understand that PNSO borealopelta and parasaurolophus may be large in the future and not make sauropods even if they are made of vinyl? I understand that if giant dinosaurs such as the aforementioned are sold, it is illogical for the brands of toy dinosaurs to find that they do not make sauropods even if they are made of vinyl in an acceptable size such as Papo's brachiosaurus made in 2012 made of PVC.

Sim

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on August 17, 2020, 06:44:17 PM
Yup, Shantungosaurus would be awesome.  Come to think of it, Saurolophus, Prosaurolophus, Hypacrosaurus and Critosaurus could all do with some love too.  IIRC there aren't any models of them currently widely available here in the West at least.  I'd also love to see some more non-Hadrosaur Ornithopods, like Thescelosaurus, Bactrosaurus or Tenontosaurus.  Especially Tenontosaurus, if they made a Deinonychus to go with it - not necessarily hunting it, but just as two animals that shared a landscape and that may have had a predator-prey relationship.  As I say, though, I'll probably be a fan of anything Eofauna do. :)

I'd be interested in a Deinonychus smaller than the Wild Safari figure!  Saurolophus would be a good choice for a hadrosaurid, one by Eofauna would mean people wouldn't need to try to get the very rare Favorite version.

Concavenator

QuoteI'd be interested in a Deinonychus smaller than the Wild Safari figure!

If they ever make a dromaeosaurid, I personally don't want it to be a Deinonychus, Doug's version is fantastic. I'd rather see any other species that still doesn't have good representation, like Utahraptor, or Unenlagiinae  dromaeosaurids.

Probably the best choice for a hadrosaur would be Brachylophosaurus, since the fossil is so well preserved.
But yeah, a hadrosaur from them would look absolutely spectacular. Just imagine a big Magnapaulia or Shantungosaurus that's in scale with the Atlasaurus (1:40) and with all the gorgeous quality of their figures. Wouldn't that be something else?  :o

Shonisaurus

A magnapaulia and a shantungosaurus would be good news for those of us who are collectors and at a 1:40 scale it would be quite an acceptable scale for all types of collectors that I find myself among. On the other hand I would like a velafrons is a hadrosaurid that has some pretty decent paleontological remains.

On the other hand a tarchia, zuul or even an ankylosaurus would be good additions to the range of Eofauna.

I would also like Eofauna to make a sarmientosaurus. It is true that practically only the skull is preserved, but with that information and with the appearance that sauropods have, it would be interesting for Eofauna to make a sauropod in a small size, in the event that they could not do it in a large size. It would be the first sarmientosaurus to make a toy dinosaur brand if I'm not mistaken.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

In case of theropods, I shall definitely prefer the underrepresented classic tyrannosaurs, either Daspletosaurus (torosus/horneri)/ Gorgosaurus libratus/ Tarbosaurus battar/Zhuchengtyrannus magnus. In spite of the most classic family that represents theropods or even the whole Dinosauria, they are pretty much underrepresented in figure form except the emblematic T.rex. If Eofauna creates one of them, I do believe it will definitely be a masterpiece, an ultimate depiction of the creature in figure form.

I am eagerly waiting for one tyrannosaur representation from them.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on August 19, 2020, 08:49:50 PM
In case of theropods, I shall definitely prefer the underrepresented classic tyrannosaurs, either Daspletosaurus (torosus/horneri)/ Gorgosaurus libratus/ Tarbosaurus battar/Zhuchengtyrannus magnus. In spite of the most classic family that represents theropods or even the whole Dinosauria, they are pretty much underrepresented in figure form except the emblematic T.rex. If Eofauna creates one of them, I do believe it will definitely be a masterpiece, an ultimate depiction of the creature in figure form.

Also Albertosaurus, Lythronax, Teratophoneus, Nanuqsaurus, Dynamoterror, the long-nosed Alioramus and Qianzhousaurus, and of course the newest tyrant on the block, Thanatotheristes.  It's sad that pretty much all T. rex's poor relatives live in its shadow in the toy world.  They could all do with some more love, but my personal (definitely not unbiassed) vote would be for Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus.  For some reason that little clade of leggy cousins has always grabbed me, and compared to most of the others they're very well represented by fossils, so we've got a good idea of what they might have looked like.  But I know that quite a few people here would prefer one of the 'Pinnochio' species. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Concavenator

As with the Deinonychus, this year's Safari Qianzhousaurus is pretty good, so I would choose another species. I would love a good Daspletosaurus, I don't think there's any good model of it, the CollectA one is not that good imo.

Loon

I'd love a really well done Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus. Papo's recent release was far too spikey and over-textured, I can't really enjoy it. While I don't like the color scheme of Safari's Qianzhousaurus, I really like how it portrayed a scaley tyrannosaur.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on August 19, 2020, 08:49:50 PM

I would like Rebor to make tyrannosauroid theropods that are not the eternal and representative tyrannosaurus rex. Totally agree with you. I would like an albertosaurus, tarbosaurus, daspletosaurus, alioramus, gorgosaurus, alectrosaurus among other figures.

On the other hand, in ceraptosids apart from the kosmoceratops, I would like them to make the chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops, anchiceratops, torosaurus, centrosaurus all of them very poorly represented in the world of the toy dinosaur if we except the figures that are going to be commercialized soon from Beast of the Mesozoic by David Silva

CarnotaurusKing

Here's a list of genera I'm hoping for EoFauna to produce, as well as some I feel like EoFauna have a fondness towards (previously done skeletals, previous appearances in their paleoart/articles, etc):

Tyrannosaurus (y'all are gonna hate me for this, but we still don't have a definitive version of rex imo)
Albertosaurus
Teratophoneus
Carcharodontosaurus
Torvosaurus/"Edmarka"
Turiasaurus
Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan
Mamenchisaurus
Triceratops
Mammut americanum
Zygolophodon/Mammut borsoni
Mammuthus meridionalis
Paraceratherium

suspsy

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on August 20, 2020, 11:25:41 AM
Here's a list of genera I'm hoping for EoFauna to produce, as well as some I feel like EoFauna have a fondness towards (previously done skeletals, previous appearances in their paleoart/articles, etc):

Tyrannosaurus (y'all are gonna hate me for this, but we still don't have a definitive version of rex imo)
Albertosaurus
Teratophoneus
Carcharodontosaurus
Torvosaurus/"Edmarka"
Turiasaurus
Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan
Mamenchisaurus
Triceratops
Mammut americanum
Zygolophodon/Mammut borsoni
Mammuthus meridionalis
Paraceratherium

I think those are all great picks, especially Tyrannosaurus rex.  ;D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Justin_

Based on what they've done already, rather than figures I'd like any company to make, I'd like to see Eofauna's take on:
Bison latrifons
Any early horse, although it would probably need to be in a larger scale than 1:40.
Any hadrosaur apart from Parasaurolophus, only because I've got enough of those already.
Centrosaurus or Coronasaurus
Any sauropod but at a small scale, so it's about 30cm long. I've said this before, but very few companies make sauropds that successfully look like models of absolutely massive creatures. Eofauna's Atlasaurus did, but I don't like the odd proportions of that species so didn't buy it.

Sim

Quote from: Narutoceratops on August 19, 2020, 06:29:38 PM
QuoteI'd be interested in a Deinonychus smaller than the Wild Safari figure!

If they ever make a dromaeosaurid, I personally don't want it to be a Deinonychus, Doug's version is fantastic. I'd rather see any other species that still doesn't have good representation, like Utahraptor, or Unenlagiinae  dromaeosaurids.

Probably the best choice for a hadrosaur would be Brachylophosaurus, since the fossil is so well preserved.
But yeah, a hadrosaur from them would look absolutely spectacular. Just imagine a big Magnapaulia or Shantungosaurus that's in scale with the Atlasaurus (1:40) and with all the gorgeous quality of their figures. Wouldn't that be something else?  :o

I'd be very happy for avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna to make Utahraptor, Buitreraptor or Austroraptor!  I wouldn't be keen on Magnapaulia as its crest area isn't known, and Shantungosaurus has already been made well by PNSO so one by Eofauna wouldn't excite me.  Eofauna has said their ornithischians will be in 1:35 scale, so the Shantungosaurus would be in the same scale as the PNSO version.

Quote from: Narutoceratops on August 19, 2020, 11:54:59 PM
As with the Deinonychus, this year's Safari Qianzhousaurus is pretty good, so I would choose another species. I would love a good Daspletosaurus, I don't think there's any good model of it, the CollectA one is not that good imo.

I agree with all of this.  The Safari Qianzhousaurus is great, while I'd really like a good Daspletosaurus figure!

suspsy

Bison latifrons would be freaking awesome.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

By the way speaking of prehistoric herbivorous mammals, I would like you to make a male and female prolibytherium or a sivatherium without scale. Prehistoric giraffes are lousy, or rather underrepresented in the toy dinosaur market.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Their Atlasaurus is very close to my heart. It may sound funny but I still want to share one of my feelings regarding the Atlasurus figure of Eofauna. When I keenly observe the model very close to my eyes, I can really feel the time and the lost world's beauty in the Middle Jurassic Bathonian stage- North Africa and it's Atlas Mountains when Atlasaurus roamed there. The artistry and science having been applied to the model is so much realistic that it really gives me the essence of the living creature being frozen into an inanimate being!

Tyto_Theropod

I'd personally love any prehistoric mammal that wasn't the standard choices of woolly mammoth, Smilodon, woolly rhino, etc.  But I'd especially appreciate something from the Palaeogene (Palaeocene, Eocene, Oligocene) - a period seriously underrepresented in the toy world.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Renecito

All I want this year from Eofauna is the most beautiful and perfect representation of a Paraceratherium at 1:35 scale.

But a Triceratops sounds more possible.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Loon

If they make a Triceratops instead of Paraceratherium, that'll be the most disappointing figure I'll ever be excited to buy.

SidB

Quote from: Renecito on August 22, 2020, 06:28:49 AM
All I want this year from Eofauna is the most beautiful and perfect representation of a Paraceratherium at 1:35 scale.

But a Triceratops sounds more possible.
The Para would probably be more affordable than the forthcoming IToy one and also more detailed. Eofauna represents the best of both aspects.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: