News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

hi Shoni. im glad that youre finally able to post pics in your collection thread. congrats.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread Thank you for your words, anyway I would like my photographs to be the hundredth time in terms of quality that other members of DTF do, the spinosaurus from GR Toys in its two versions of paintings are spectacular, it is a very scientific figure, I suppose it will be surpassed by other companies such as Mesozoo or without going any further the spinosaurus of Mesozoic Life Project, but without a doubt for me the most majestic is the Papo limited version.

avatar_sauroid @sauroid More photos I will post, I guess my work will be more feverish in terms of posts when they give me a solution for polyarthralgia, my co-workers have told me that they will give me leaks to moderate chronic pain. Thank you for your words, I was always willing to take pictures of my collection, but as I have already shown you, I did not have a decent mobile phone.

Shonisaurus

I give you a large set of photographs of the Nanmu giganotosaurus. Today the day is great, I am wearing a jacket or jacket and it is not cold, my arthritis pain has almost subsided and I am happy with my own. That has allowed me to take pictures from different angles of these two beauties. You are the first to enjoy these figures, I have not even enjoyed them I have only unpacked the boxes, I have broken them, unpacked the figures and I have taken the photographs I have not yet been able to enjoy their beauty and see all their details so you members from DTF you are the first privileged to see and admire these two figures. I have downloaded a lot of photos, enjoy the panorama, on the other hand I have improved when it comes to taking pictures, even with time I get into an academy of how to take photos, time to time, for now without further ado I pass you these two giganotosaurus perhaps the most beautiful that exist in my collection and the best on the market in terms of size, although the Eofauna, Vitae or Safari to give three examples are logically more scientific, these are my favorite giganotosaurus as well as my favorite spinosaurus is Papo's.

About tastes like who says the colors but my favorite giganotosaurus in my collection are these by far.  :)

Halichoeres

Glad to see these have brought you enjoyment. That GR Toys Spinosaurus in particular is a very attractive figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 08, 2021, 09:49:41 PM
Glad to see these have brought you enjoyment. That GR Toys Spinosaurus in particular is a very attractive figure.

Thank you for your words. Also the spinosaurus from GR Toys are very beautiful and the same can be said of the carcharodontosaurus from GR Toys even if those do not have them.

Crackington

It's great to see your photos avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus - keep them coming 👍.

It adds more fun to the hobby, doesn't it?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Crackington @Crackington avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks to both of you I love collecting. I await the wonders of Collecta first and second wave and the figures of Papo, Safari (daspletosaurus and spinosaurus) and the two triceratops but we will have to wait I will publish more photos in my collection.

Kapitaenosavrvs

In addition to all your Pictures, i reread your Lists regarding your Collection from the Starts of this Thread. What an impressive and big Collection. Thanks for sharing :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Crackington on May 09, 2021, 03:53:26 PM

I completely agree. It's contemplative and makes me attend to detail I might otherwise overlook.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 13, 2021, 09:13:29 PM
Quote from: Crackington on May 09, 2021, 03:53:26 PM

I completely agree. It's contemplative and makes me attend to detail I might otherwise overlook.

I like to take several photographs of the same figure in different positions. It is as if you have the real figure in your house even if you do not have it in your collection. It's one of the reasons I do it.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  It is true I have a large collection and that for reasons of savings I have stopped collecting for a few months. Thank you for your words. I will keep posting.

Bokisaurus

Yes, wonderful collection thread! Its great to see your collection. Wonderful new additions as well. :D

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 18, 2021, 04:18:54 PM
Yes, wonderful collection thread! Its great to see your collection. Wonderful new additions as well. :D

Tomorrow if my greeting allows me, I will take more pictures, thank you for your words, Boki.

KeU

You are posting pictures now!
Lovely to see your massive collection.
Love your Nanmu Giga pair.

Shonisaurus

avatar_KeU @KeU Thank you for your words. I recommend you both figures are the best that exists when it comes to non-scientific giganotosaurus. I like the dark version better than the orange as I call them both. Figures are better physically than figures in photography.

I will post more but now I have a groin hernia that I have to operate, which in addition to the phimosis operation and the polyarthritis in which I have been told that it may be due to inflammatory, infectious or tumor factors, I even have to rest a lot. But what has been said if Life or God gives me health I assure you that I will publish photos of all the figures in my collection and of those figures that I will acquire over time.

Callophrys

It's great to see photos of your very impressive collection, both the books and figures!

I'm sorry to hear of your various health issues. You come across across as a very kind and supportive person, and I wish you nothing but good fortune.

Shonisaurus

Thanks! I am positive in this life and I hope that I will have surgery soon for my left inguinal hernia, I trust medicine and I know that what I have are ailments from having led a sedentary life. Maybe tomorrow I'll post some photos of my collectible figures. Thank you for your words.

Shonisaurus

I publish the latest firsts from my collection:

The figures that positively impress me the most are the two triceratops (two color versions) of Eofauna are impressive. I cannot imagine having similar figures from PNSO, Nanmu or Rebor if I wanted and if I could give myself those whims that I should not give them financially out of prudence.

Those figures remind me of mihura bulls with those beautiful horns highly recommended figures,

On the other hand, the spinosaurus from Safari 2021 is another highly recommended figure, it is not very large as you can see, although the artistic workmanship is undeniably top quality in terms of sculpture and painting, but I cannot say the same about the material, the plastic does not convince me It is too rigid compared to other Safari figures from previous years. Could Safari this year 2021 have had an economic toll on the effects of the pandemic? It may be but I am optimistic about one of my lifelong ventures next year.

On the other hand, the mapusaurus from Collecta 2020 I finally have it! It is great and bigger than I imagined although it is certainly small compared to other figures.

I had planned to buy the daspletosaurus from Safari (the only figure I am missing from Safari 2021) but I did not buy it because the Alcaiceiria store showed me that the daspletosaurus they had received had a broken tail and they offered to sell me said figure at a lower price. As you can imagine I did not buy this figure, I like perfection, I love art and the dinosaur figures are an art I have preferred to wait, which reaffirms me that the Safari 2021 figures have defects in terms of material.

Going to the point I pass you all the photographs.

It took me a long time to take these photographs due to my rheumatological problems I can assure you and I am ironic and laugh at my own shadow, that any woman of eighty and ninety years is an Olympic gold medal in terms of walking speed compared to me.  :) Well I pass the photos, they are made taking into account the sunlight so do not expect miracles when it comes to quality.

Bread

Wonderful photos and acquisitions! Always great to see your collection continue to grow!

Those Eofauna Trikes are always a beauty to see and they pair up wonderfully.

I too would have passed on a broken figure, even if the price was lowered. I feel like it loses the love I would have for it, glad you turned it down, definitely wait for a new, unbroken one to meet your expectations.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread Thanks for your words. All the purchased figures are highly recommended but without a doubt, the Eofauna triceratops actually outperform the rest of my new acquisitions.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: