News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

It is wonderful seeing everything you have obtained over the years. Thank you for sharing.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Your collection of figures and of books are very beautiful. You have a good mixture of old and new, lower and higher. It is nice to see, I am very happy for you  :P
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kapitaenosavrvs

It is great to see Photos of your Collection, Shoni. Thank you for showing us and you have my Respect for learning new stuff like how to post Images on this Forum. Your Bookcollection on prehistoric Animals is really good. I hope you can manage everything to your liking :)

Bokisaurus

Yay, we finally have visual of your impressive and huge collection!
Awesome, looking forward to seeing more😃

Duna

I really like your collection Shonisaurus, and the mix of vintage books is very nice.
The reason why some of the figures are not nitid is because there are other things in the background and cameras tend to focus to things that are more visible and further. I suggest you put them with a plain coloured and well illuminated background (as a wall) so the camera focuses better.

Congrats for your first pictures and your extensive collection.

Halichoeres

So glad to finally have visuals of your extensive holdings! Congratulations on your very complete collection.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  thanks for what you say I like to have vintage figures and also figures as I call "the last cry" that is to say figures of dinosaurs and super recent prehistoric animals since those are undoubtedly better made by their predecessors due to the advancement of manufacturing techniques.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  Thank you for your words, at my age I like to learn more every day, even more so I am trying to go to a speech therapist to pronounce the letter r perfectly since I have a frenulum problem, learning makes me overcome and most importantly strengthens my brain and brainpower.

B @Bokisaurus  Thank you for your words. I can assure you that I will continue to publish new photographs. That's for sure.

avatar_Duna @Duna  Thanks for the comments I will try to follow your advice.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thank you for what you say, the figures that I have published is a tenth or even much less than what I have fortunately in my collection. On the other hand I hope in time to frame a poster of pterosaurs that I will show you in due course. I bought it years ago and wish to have it already hanging maybe next year.

My newest acquisition, the Safari baryonyx is wonderful. I will publish new photos of my collection on May 3 when I acquire the armed tyrannosaurus from Safari.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/GD5Gyd6

Shonisaurus

The problem with the baryonyx is that its one of the feet of its paw is a little curved, manufacturing problem? I do not know but it is wonderful, excuse me that the photographs are not as many members of DTF wish I am learning by force and I hope to take photos of much better quality over time.

On the other hand, I am sending you the photograph of my old mobile phone so that you can verify that with that phone it was totally impossible to publish quality photographs, it is fourth or fifth generation. It is not to give explanations but that is one of the reasons why for many years the DTF did not publish photos. Not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't to my great regret.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/YY3zd3k

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 17, 2021, 12:35:40 PM

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  Thank you for your words, at my age I like to learn more every day, even more so I am trying to go to a speech therapist to pronounce the letter r perfectly since I have a frenulum problem, learning makes me overcome and most importantly strengthens my brain and brainpower.

Now look at that Picture! Wonderful :) I would say, that everyone is happy to see Pictures from your collection and they are fine and nobody thinks anythink else. :)

Sorry to hear that with the R, but i am glad, that you learn to handle the Problem. Learning new things is very important and there is no point in the human life, where someone should stop learning new things as long as it is possible. To me, it is really good to have you here on the Forum. You remind me of the important things in life, like humility and calmness. Thanks.

ceratopsian

Your phone was an antique!  I'm enjoying you sharing your photos. And avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs is right - that's a good photo.

Libraraptor

:) Pictures  at last!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You've shown off all angles of that beautiful Baryonyx sculpt really well. That's very nice  :D

I'm not sure if you get my meaning, but you could say that your old phone was a dinosaur in a way. Thank you for sharing that too actually.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Tomorrow Sunday I will publish more photographs of my figures from the collection. I have already ordered several Collecta dinosaur figures in Alcaiceria, including the pteranodon, xiphactinus, mamenchisaurus, pravitoceras, of course! the doedicurus my favorite collecta figure perhaps because it is a prehistoric mammal (I have to confess that prehistoric mammals and other creatures of extinct animals that are not dinosaurs interest me more than the dinosaurs themselves I know that is an unpopular opinion, I have also commissioned the dilophosaurus, the elasmosaurus and pteranodon for me another jewel in the crown by Collecta along with the doedicurus and the pravitoceras, metaphorically speaking. The xiphactinus is another great figure is in a lesser degree of genius than the other three figures mentioned.

Shonisaurus

As promised more pictures from my collection with your friends armored triceratops, Schleich's ceratosaurus and PNSO's sauropelta,

https://postimg.cc/gallery/vm2Hjq1

I would have liked to take better photographs from different places in the house and on shelves, but for safety reasons first and then because I have polyarthralgia that prevents me from making a lot of effort, I preferred to do it at that table in my living room sitting down.

By the way I know that polyarthralgia is annoying according to what the doctors have told me, I have been informed that it is an intuimmune disease, that together with atopic dermatitis and other pathologies that I suffer are chronic diseases, but do I have to be sad or become a martyr? absolutely,

Renaur also had rhema and ended up paralyzed and continued to paint apart from myopic like myself Degas, Modigliani was a tormented genius, Van Goth and Robert Schumann were schizophrenics and they continued until their death fighting and making great works of art, until their health it completely failed.

You have to be happy, sadness is the devil's greatest ally to make men bad and angry.

Life is struggle and in my case I cook, clean the house, the windows, work, study, read and watch the Internet and I don't play the martyr. Life is overcoming.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 02, 2021, 02:42:54 PM
As promised more pictures from my collection with your friends armored triceratops, Schleich's ceratosaurus and PNSO's sauropelta,

https://postimg.cc/gallery/vm2Hjq1

I would have liked to take better photographs from different places in the house and on shelves, but for safety reasons first and then because I have polyarthralgia that prevents me from making a lot of effort, I preferred to do it at that table in my living room sitting down.

By the way I know that polyarthralgia is annoying according to what the doctors have told me, I have been informed that it is an intuimmune disease, that together with atopic dermatitis and other pathologies that I suffer are chronic diseases, but do I have to be sad or become a martyr? absolutely,

Renaur also had rhema and ended up paralyzed and continued to paint apart from myopic like myself Degas, Modigliani was a tormented genius, Van Goth and Robert Schumann were schizophrenics and they continued until their death fighting and making great works of art, until their health it completely failed.

You have to be happy, sadness is the devil's greatest ally to make men bad and angry.

Life is struggle and in my case I cook, clean the house, the windows, work, study, read and watch the Internet and I don't play the martyr. Life is overcoming.

Obviously you know how to take genuine pleasure from ordinary things and activities. These are blessings. You are living wisely, because you appreciate commonplace life and do not despise it.

Shonisaurus

S @SidB Indeed they are in a certain way an epicurean I like to enjoy the little things with measure and frugality. I have in charge of all the other classic dinosaur figures of the Eofauna (available), Safari (daspletosaurus and spinosaurus), Collecta and Papo brands in Alcaiceria. When you get them I will send you messages, they will take time since I have arranged with this online company that when they collect each of the orders I have divided them into three packages of more than 70 euros so that the shipping is free they will send me one each month with corresponding payment.

Duna vintage tyrannosaurus and brachiosaurus dinosaurs are on the way that I will pick them up at a collection point, for the cheapest shipping.
And on the other hand, the two giganotosaurus bought from lacitesdenuagues with the cheapest shipping and arranged at a collection point, one of the closest to my home which is 2.2 km from my house. So I exercise that is healthy and I take vitamin C.

I want to buy figures with common sense prioritizing other things such as health, personal finances, household expenses, taxes, study expenses. I enjoy small pleasures. Everyone's life is very short and mine is no exception. Thank you for your words.

Shonisaurus

I give you some photographs of the UKRD tyrannosaurus and brachiosaurus. Some photos, especially those of the brachiosaurus, are blurry. I will try to improve the photograph.

I also share some photographs of one of my favorite spinosaurus, the one from GR Toys. I like it because of its red color and especially because of its bluish sickle. It is a beautiful figure, although I like it better and I still like Papo's spinosaurus more. I pass the photographs.

The fabulous spinosaurus from GR Toys is a beauty and I have the other paint variant.

SidB

It's fun to experiment with the camera, isn't it avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. Good to see you progressing ... the UKRD's sure bring back memories, though I've given away all of mine.

Shonisaurus

S @SidBYes, of course I do my best, I do what I can but of course I can do it better for me. I like to add new challenges. Thank you for your words. For me UKRD dinosaurs especially tyrannosaurus, triceratops, brachiosaurus and apatosaurus UKRD were a pending issue on my part. Duna has achieved everything for me and not only that I had a UKRD protoceratops whose beak is inexplicably worn, I mentioned it to Duna and he also got it for me. Although they are vintage honestly they tend to be even more interesting than the current super sophisticated and perfectly finished figures of any company.

They bring back memories of my youth and although I never had good health sincerely as this saying says "divine youth treasure" and for me it also brings back good memories although I recognize that my life even throughout that period was only destined for collecting and scholarship, and to the study. I recognize that I am a rare, rare, rare person as my parents and my centennial grandfather told me, I have spent my life and I continue to spend it for collecting dinosaurs and for knowing and having some slight idea of ​​knowledge of all kinds, and sincerely if life or God gave me more lives, apart from the one he has given me, I would spend them just like this, I do not regret my love for prehistoric animals has taken over my entire life since my childhood.

I have sacrificed life, health, family and entertainment for my animal friends since I was a child and I sincerely repeat I am very proud of myself.

Bread

I know some people forgot about the GR toys spinosaurus due to PNSO's cheaper alternative; however, ignoring the price, I still love the unique colors on the GR toys Spinosaurus. Lovely photos and collection once again Shonisaurus!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: