News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I analyze the different acquisitions.

They all look great to me.

The mamenchisaurus is huge but not bulky. It is perhaps the best mamenchisaurus I have ever had in my collection, sorry for the Safari / Carnegie china dinosaur mamenchisaurus and also for the PNSO mamenchisaurus first version of PNSO I suppose that the second version if I had it in my hands it would vary my opinion.

It is super detailed, cheap within the canons of dinosaur toys and very well sculpted, it has three seams where you can see that it was manufactured in three parts, one belongs to the head, another to the body and another to the part of the tail. which is stuck in three parts from my point of view but nevertheless it is very beautiful and its hooves, details of the head and other beauties of that figure are better admired physically than in photographs and much more with better photographs than the ones I exhibit. they are pretty mediocre. I give you a photo session from my mobile.

I clarify: it is not that the photos are cut, it is that I have taken the partial body photographs on purpose so that the details of the body can be admired. Sorry if they are not as beautiful as other photos perhaps those of the vast majority of DTF members.

Shonisaurus

Next doedicurus figure is not very big but it is not small and it is very voluminous, the details of the scales of its protective shell are very detailed, the same can be said of its beautiful head, it reminds me of the head between the mixture of a farm animal and a rodent.

The hooves, the details of the mace make them together with the pteranodon, mamenchisaurus, pravitoceras and brontosaurus corpse one of my favorite figures from Collecta this year.

I pass without further ado to my photo session.

Shonisaurus

Next figure, the neovanator, is a very cool figure, it does have pink spines and it looks like an iguana in its appearance, the details of its mouth are highly scientific without lips, in general a whimsical and desirable miniature, well sculpted and beautiful as well. can. This toy is recommended for children and for collectors as is my case. I pass the photographs. It is so small that it has been very difficult for me to take quality photographs of it.

Shonisaurus

Next megalosaurus figure from Papo I honestly really like the figure more than I imagined it is without a doubt much better than the hatchling smilodon that they still did not have in the store.

He has numerous bruises and scars and injuries such as amputations on the fins, he is for me a great figure and honestly a very detailed figure and he is the star figure of Papo 2021 as it will surely be for me at least the beautiful Papo 2022 mosasaurus collectible toy without articulated jaw! a point in his favor for Papo.

Photo session:

Upside down here

One of my best pictures of the megalodon in this photoshoot:

Detail of the mouth I would sincerely appreciate if it had three rows of teeth like the PNSO first version of vinyl but also the not so large size can not give another alternative than to have done it with two rows, the detail is great and decent and for me this photo I fear seeing her now.

Shonisaurus

Dilophosaurus from Collecta figure with good sculpture but rather bad paint color. It would have been appreciated from my honest point of view that it had been bigger. For me it is the weak figure of the group although it is scientifically precise and well sculpted the details of the painting and its size could have been improved.

Photoshoot.

Sorry for showing the toy dinosaurs with my hand in the first photo, in the second I had to hold it to show the details, nice but the color of the paint disheveled anyway I do not regret having bought it. I would buy it again.

show the cut image reasons: I have it by the hands as I mentioned and those photos are to highlight the details and beauty of the figure.

Shonisaurus

Next figure megalosaurus is a well-sculpted figure, but the least remarkable of the group is the least remarkable, but the details and the scientific nature of its lips make up its minor relevance with respect to the rest of the figures, scientifically correct lips, less body and a more than acceptable toy. the plume of feathers that is for me the most beautiful and remarkable thing about that dinosaur.

Photoshoot.

Shonisaurus

On the other hand, three group photos of my new acquisitions, one of them published in the DTF.

Aerial view of the group.

Sorry for the poor quality of my figures, but in my case every day my ailments get worse, although these days naproxen has alleviated these discomforts. Care to overcome the Covid that is in the last globally fortunately.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 24, 2021, 07:25:47 PM
The megalodon looks very nice
So does that Doedicurus, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , he's a hefty boy, isn't he. I'm waiting for mine from Dejankins - supply chain issues have slowed acquisitions of CollectA figures on this side of the Atlantic. Congrats.

Duna

Those are really nice adquisitions, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus congrats!
I really like the Papo megalodon more in your photos than the first time I saw it.

Halichoeres

A good assortment, especially the Mamenchisaurus. I'm glad CollectA is willing to throw a large sauropod at us now and then.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on another lovely selection of figures. The CollectA Mamenchisaurus in particular. And of course the beautiful Doedicurus, and all of this year's theropods are nice. The Papo Megalodon looks nicer than the stock photos I think, but still a no for me.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

stoneage

I was glad to see your hand in the pictures.  It made me realize how small this figures actually are, unless of course you have very large hands.

Shonisaurus

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 I tell you about Papo's megalodon in the promotional photos it deceives, it looks like a vulgar fish holding it in your hands it looks much better it is a prehistoric animal by Papo superior to what they show I repeat the photos and videos, I recommend it . It's really cool.

S @SidB  Hope you get the doedicurus it is a superior prehistoric mammal and is on the same level of quality as prehistoric mammals such as paraceratherium itoy, Collecta elasmotherium or Collecta megacerops. Honestly, it is a figure in which you spend minutes looking at it and see how detailed it is, I recommend it, it is extremely beautiful, detailed and beautifully sculpted and scientifically it is one hundred percent. Collecta has done a great job. I'm afraid that next year's Collecta paraceratherium won't be of the same level of quality and beauty as this great doedicurus but I hope I'm wrong.

avatar_Duna @Duna  You, who are a great collector, I recommend it, it is more beautiful as I have already commented to GojiraGuy to see it physically than to observe it in promotional photos and videos has no color to have in your hands this great figure of a prehistoric predatory fish than to see it behind the screens of a computer .

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  Thank you for your words, sincerely I also appreciate that Collecta reveals from time to time a new sauropod and sincerely how many toy dinosaur companies are in their commercial philosophy of sparing size to their sauropods for economic and commercial reasons this mamenchisaurus It is honestly bulky and the most important thing is the best that has been made (I would have to buy as is the PNSO mamenchisaurus this year) otherwise it would still be the best mamenchisaurus made to date and apart from that it is affordable economically speaking compared with other sauropod dinosaurs such as GR Toys, Nanmu or PNSO to give three examples.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  Thank you for your words, sincerely for their size and detail the doedicurus and mamenchisaurus from Collecta take the cake as the best figures of this group of figures, with regard to the megalodon I understand your decision not to buy it because it does not convince you, but honestly it looks better physically than virtually and in my case I will never regret buying it.

S @stoneage  The figures are not immense but they are bulky which makes up for the lack of extraordinary size, but if you see the mamenchisaurus next to the pteranodon from Collecta's Supreme Deluxe one can see that it competes in size with it. The mamenchisaurus is not spectacular in size but it is much larger than that of PNSO and honestly the body is thinner than one would like but it is not exactly small or medium either, the doedicurus is not immense, it is medium in size but very bulky and highly detailed and beautifully sculpted and scientifically accurate from my humble point of view, the other figures are small, and when it comes to the megalodon it is much bigger and prettier than you might imagine. As for my hands, they are quite small.

Concavenator

Congratulations on your recent batch, some great figures there. The Mamenchisaurus is a stunner. And I'm a big fan of the Megalosaurus as well, I think that one is severely underrated. Letting the fact that the creature is very fragmentary aside, it's needless to assess its historical relevance. Its detail is brilliant, in my opinion it has way better detail than some of their Deluxe models. The other CollectA theropods are of a similar quality, but the big feet ruin them a little imo, the Megalosaurus is better in that department, even though I don't understand why it is that way because they have been released at roughly the same time.

Shonisaurus

I'm glad that you like the mamenchisaurus and that you like the megalosaurus honestly that last figure from Collecta is very underrated even by me but it is still interesting, even that plume of feathers on the back gives it an air of beauty and for me together with the head without lips it is the most remarkable thing about this theropod. I suppose that the figures have been postponed has been due to the tragic year that we have passed through the pandemic.

Grimbeard

Nice additions, especially the Mamenchisaurus. Its one of the few sauropod toys that hit the sweatspot between looking gracefull , powerfull and properly large. The paintshop is deceiptively subtle as well. At the first glance you would think its just grey, but the more you look at it, the more you notice the subtle changes in tone .

Also like the doedicurus, the sculpt is brilliantly done. I also share your oppinion regarding the Dilophosaurus:  the paintshop is too bright and kinda sloppy,  ruining the good  sculpt, also I also think the feet are way too big.

Im not a big fan of megalodon in general, but the papo one is one of the best version, has plenty of character. The neovenator and megalosaurus are very distinctive, but nice interpretation of pretty similar therapods, also both would benefite from a slightly larger scale.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard I agree with all your opinions. Thank you for your words, Papo's megalodon is without a doubt a better figure than what is shown behind the screens, I can assure you. Regarding the megalosaurus and neovenator, he would have been grateful that Collecta had made it much larger. When it comes to mamenchisaurus and doedicurus, they are spectacular.

Shonisaurus

Finally (I had forgotten to post it) I show the Collecta elasmosaurus which is one of the best elasmosaurus figures that I know, scientific, well painted and well sculpted, I hope that one day they will make a much larger one, that is to say Deluxe size. Collecta I hope they make a larger size elasmosaurus figure and in case it depended on no size scale.

I show the figures as an illustration, on the other hand in the photo session I show photos with cut parts of the elasmosaurus as you can imagine is to show the details of this beauty of a marine reptile, a pity that Collecta has not done many in these last three years .

Compensates for the elasmosaurus sculpture, the details of the red fins and the coloring of the body that remind me of a seal make it a very attractive figure. On the other hand, the details of the tail with that scientific interpretation make the toy figure a unique figure.

Here I show a face-up photo of the elasmosaurus to show details of the back.

Mas fotos con detalles del animal de juguete.

Here I show a full-length photo.

More photos

Finally the photo of "family" with all my acquisitions, here is the final photo.

I hope you enjoy DTF members and will continue to post when my obligations leave me more hollow. Take care!

ceratopsian

That's a good group of acquisitions, the Mamenchisaurus is especially appealing to me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: