News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

After many years of regretting passing on this when I saw it in a toy shop, I finally managed to track down the ever elusive Hasbro Allosaurus  :))

Shonisaurus

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy My congratulations on your new acquisition, enjoy your figure.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Flaffy on September 06, 2020, 05:28:36 PM
After many years of regretting passing on this when I saw it in a toy shop, I finally managed to track down the ever elusive Hasbro Allosaurus :))

Nowadays, someone might mistake that as sarcasm
how the mighty has fallen

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Nice fine there. Those certainly are not easy to come by, and they usually go for quite a bit. Good to see it still has the cover for the wound feature.

Edit: I should probably add I found more of the Happy Meal Camp Cretaceous things including the T. rex toy. Also got the Bumpy book but they only had it in Spanish. Didn't realize until I got home with it last night.

Worth noting that the T. rex did have screw holes on the side like the Hasbro JW toys but it's totally justifiable with how small and cheap McDonald's toys often are. Still a cute figure otherwise.

Not at my PC so hope folks don't mind a link to my instragram post in the meantime.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEzgaedFB0R/?igshid=p6nuttf40h9m
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Not all of them are "recent" but this is basically everything that I have got this summer.

I got Charlie back in june and the Sauropelta in august, my parents got me the rest this weekend.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new figures, the cryolophosaurus looks quite interesting. This year, all DTF members are receiving news very occasionally, due to the dramatic situation of the pandemic.

Halichoeres

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking congrats on those Battat minis. They're like hen's teeth
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

I got this a couple days ago

I really love it! looks kind of peaceful and majestic. I think this one hasnt been reviewed yet? if it hasnt and it's not in queue I would like to do it.

ceratopsian

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. - It's a lovely figure - and yes, I find it peaceful and majestic too.  It was actually reviewed on March 11, 2019 by Lanthanotus.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on September 10, 2020, 02:37:58 PM
I got this a couple days ago

I really love it! looks kind of peaceful and majestic. I think this one hasnt been reviewed yet? if it hasnt and it's not in queue I would like to do it.

Shonisaurus

I understand that this figure should be reviewed taking into account that it was one of the star figures of the Prehistoric Times of the year 2019. It is a great figure. I am glad avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M.  that you have it in your collection.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 10, 2020, 02:55:13 PM
avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. - It's a lovely figure - and yes, I find it peaceful and majestic too.  It was actually reviewed on March 11, 2019 by Lanthanotus.

Thanks! I was looking for the review some days ago since I like to read the reviews of figures I get if I haven't read them yet, and couldn't find it, maybe I searched wrong. 

Halzk

Quote from: Flaffy on September 06, 2020, 05:28:36 PM
After many years of regretting passing on this when I saw it in a toy shop, I finally managed to track down the ever elusive Hasbro Allosaurus  :))

Congratulation avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy! I'm still hunting it without success. What toy store did you find this beauty?

Shonisaurus

I did not remember that this figure was already revised. My memory constantly fails me, I thought that it had not been reviewed and I did not remember that I had put my opinion and had rated said edaphosaurus figure with five stars. Forgive me for my mistake.

Flaffy

Quote from: Halzk on September 10, 2020, 04:43:07 PM
Congratulation avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy! I'm still hunting it without success. What toy store did you find this beauty?

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thanks!  :))
avatar_Halzk @Halzk and Good luck on your hunt!

QuoteWhat toy store did you find this beauty?
I found a MIB one in a local toy store from waaay back in 2015. Pretty sure they were trying to clear out old stock with the release of JW.
For some reason I passed on that one back then.
The copy I have currently was acquired from another local collector that wanted to part with it. So glad I got it too after searching for 5 long years.

Faelrin

I finally got my hands on the Majungasaurus, and the Sinoceratops as well. I'm surprised both arrived today. Now that just leaves the Irritator left for the meantime. Also yes, that blur on the left was one of my cats.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin congrats on those figures. If I still heavily collected Mattel stuff, I'd jump on that Sinoceratops. It looks really good.

Shonisaurus

I just bought in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences three of the six novelties of Papo of 2020 the parasaurolophus is very beautiful sincerely the new repainting makes it a superior figure with respect to its counterpart of the same brand already discontinued.

The chilesaurus is small / medium in size and is honestly the strongest figure in this group. It is very well done.

On the other hand, Papo's giganotosaurus is the weakest figure of the group. It is a very detailed, hyper-realistic figure but the pose is quite rare.

And then I bought an allosaurus from Mesozoo, made by a customer of the store, the figure is quite beautiful, through the link of this nascent company that sells the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences,

https://mesozoo.com/product/yoga-course/

I will create a thread in reference to this brand I hope it will be of interest to a member of DTF. This allosaurus from this Mesozoo brand is quite cool and I recommend it only for those who are fans of dinosaurs.

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Wow, that Allosaurus looks phenomenal. I am about to Order, but the cheapest shipping to Germany is 13 Euros with Correos (Never heard of that before :D)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs I'm glad you like it. The figure as I commented is a bit expensive.

? @Stolpergeist I congratulate you on your new acquisition of Bullyland batrachonomus in my case I do not have the red color variant, in its day I did not collect any of the color variants of dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals of Bullyland, perhaps in my case it was not so completist to my misfortune. On the other hand I am glad that you like the Mesozoo allosaurus, and I am glad that inadvertently it has propagandized that unknown brand by the DTF and by me until today.

Libraraptor

Bought some small Disga and Mattell figures at a flea market today.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: