News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuben03

Quote from: Crackington on October 23, 2020, 12:43:39 PM
I managed to get an interesting vintage joblot from eBay at very cheap price.

There's the Inpro Triceratops and Protoceratops, the old Nabisco cereal premium Dimetrodon and the Ajax Smilodon. Lots of ancient knock offs too including phony Marx Allosaurus and Triceratops from Hong Kong and fake Diener T-Rex and Triceratops.

Quite a few I'm not sure about, so will put them on the ID thread. Overall pretty pleased with them, cheaposaurs galore!
The camptosaurus in the front in black looks to me like a knock off of the ELC mixed dinosaur tub, which is essentially just the panini prehistoric animal figures but with a few substitutes and removals. The original from ELC is green and smooth, this one is similar to the T.rex from the same line in texture and colour. Awesome find!!!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_Creature @Creature Wow and congrats on that Parasaurolophus! My first reaction just glancing at it was "wtf, is that next to a Traditional?" So nice. I can relate to getting sidetracked by model horses. Happens to me each year around Breyerfest 8)

Crackington

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 01, 2020, 08:05:53 PM

There's the Inpro Triceratops and Protoceratops, the old Nabisco cereal premium Dimetrodon and the Ajax Smilodon. Lots of ancient knock offs too including phony Marx Allosaurus and Triceratops from Hong Kong and fake Diener T-Rex and Triceratops.

Quite a few I'm not sure about, so will put them on the ID thread. Overall pretty pleased with them, cheaposaurs galore!
The camptosaurus in the front in black looks to me like a knock off of the ELC mixed dinosaur tub, which is essentially just the panini prehistoric animal figures but with a few substitutes and removals. The original from ELC is green and smooth, this one is similar to the T.rex from the same line in texture and colour. Awesome find!!!

Thanks avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 , we continued trying to ID the other dinos on the Identification Thread and avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar , I think, also spotted that this was a knock-off Panini/ELC Camptosaurus. Reading other threads it seems that the KLM company also put out these mini figures and another company may be releasing them again now. They certainly get around!

Reuben03

Quote from: Crackington on November 01, 2020, 10:10:05 PM

Thanks avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 , we continued trying to ID the other dinos on the Identification Thread and avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar , I think, also spotted that this was a knock-off Panini/ELC Camptosaurus. Reading other threads it seems that the KLM company also put out these mini figures and another company may be releasing them again now. They certainly get around!
Yes they certainly do, and yet still not enough. That 100% perfect and flawless and downright GORGEOUS ichthyosaurs mould is soooo rare :( its my obsession and I just can't find any variants of it anywhere. Blue, purple, grey, grey and yellow, green and blue and an orange are the ones I know exist and I only own two :( Do you have any?

Creature

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on November 01, 2020, 08:43:42 PM
avatar_Creature @Creature Wow and congrats on that Parasaurolophus! My first reaction just glancing at it was "wtf, is that next to a Traditional?" So nice. I can relate to getting sidetracked by model horses. Happens to me each year around Breyerfest 8)

I thought you were model horse people! I saw you use OF in another thread, and went, "hmmmm." ;) And yep. He's 1/10 and the equids are also Traditional scale. I never realized how TINY they were back in the day.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Creature

Quote from: paintingdinos on November 01, 2020, 06:22:03 PM
Quote from: Creature on November 01, 2020, 06:00:17 PM

Haha, I may have gotten in way over my head on this one. I'm confident on the painting aspect, but he's a big boy to put together. I was fortunate enough to find this one on eBay.

The front legs were really tricky for me. Because the model is very heavy, and the front legs are so small and attach at an odd angle, I initially had a hard time getting them to affix properly. The body piece being hollow made pinning sort of awkward but ultimately multiple thick copper wires, lots of glue and a good strong epoxy did the trick.

Good to know, thanks!
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Creature on November 02, 2020, 12:56:02 AM
I thought you were model horse people! I saw you use OF in another thread, and went, "hmmmm." ;)

Is "OF" model horse lingo? I use it on any kind of model, oops :))

PlesiosaurusNessy

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus  and  avatar_Creature @Creature : I am from the model horse hobby,too and yes, "OF" is model horse lingo(language) and means
"original finished"!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Crackington

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 01, 2020, 10:24:59 PM
Quote from: Crackington on November 01, 2020, 10:10:05 PM

Yes they certainly do, and yet still not enough. That 100% perfect and flawless and downright GORGEOUS ichthyosaurs mould is soooo rare :( its my obsession and I just can't find any variants of it anywhere. Blue, purple, grey, grey and yellow, green and blue and an orange are the ones I know exist and I only own two :( Do you have any?

Just had a look at the Panini-esque figures I have (mostly from job lots) but afraid I don't have the Icthyosaurus. I do have a Plesiosaur and about 15 others, but not that one. I'll keep an eye out for you though, they do turn up a bit here in the UK.

Reuben03

QuoteJust had a look at the Panini-esque figures I have (mostly from job lots) but afraid I don't have the Icthyosaurus. I do have a Plesiosaur and about 15 others, but not that one. I'll keep an eye out for you though, they do turn up a bit here in the UK.
thank you SO MUCH, it's my mission to collect them all in every colour available, I only have two and just recently found out there are more and i am nowhere near to having them all. I really appreciate that and I am also a UK resident who hates the shipping fees that come with having to order from the US so thank you 🤣

Kotori_Sonoda

Bumpy! And a third mercenary, because I need more people to feed to the dinosaurs.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new figure. Thanks for showing it.

Shonisaurus

In the end I received the atopodentatus from PNSO it is a very nice figure in a dramatic pose, it is made of hard plastic and has no articulated jaw, on the other hand it is very detailed so it is an improvement over its mini counterpart. It is very well painted and you can see all the teeth of its jaw, the fins, the muscles of the body. It's way better than promotional images honestly speaking. Perhaps what many people dislike is his war paint as if it were a Celtic but in my case it is a detail that I like. It is a figure in theory intended for children because of its price but due to its material it is a more suitable figure for adults. Without a doubt a great figure that I recommend

Justin_

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 03, 2020, 09:47:33 AM
avatar_Creature @Creature Oh you've discovered Mike Eischen's models too!
Lovely, aren't they?
Is this Mike Eisen's eBay store? https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Paleo-Sculpture?_trksid=p2047675.l2563   I found the page ages ago as the only source of a Bison latrifons but was wanting to know the quality of the materials.

BlueKrono

I've really tried to avoid the black hole that is 3-D printed figures, but I've got some of his. ;)
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: Justin_ on November 03, 2020, 06:07:28 PM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 03, 2020, 09:47:33 AM
avatar_Creature @Creature Oh you've discovered Mike Eischen's models too!
Lovely, aren't they?
Is this Mike Eisen's eBay store? https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Paleo-Sculpture?_trksid=p2047675.l2563   I found the page ages ago as the only source of a Bison latrifons but was wanting to know the quality of the materials.

I still haven't painted mine, but I've had it for about 4 years, and it seems to have held up well even though I've moved three times in the interim. For whatever that's worth.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions, I am glad that you have acquired that allosaurus, it is very curious and also for having acquired that brachiosaurus I have the green version of that figure, that is, the initial painting version. I'm glad for you.

Stegotyranno420

sorry to bother you but i got 2 questions
How does it scale with say the 2019 papo spinosaurus or a similar sized figure
How much does it cost?

Stegotyranno420

S @Stolpergeist all of those (presumeably) rare figures for about 8.15$! Wow, you must be quite lucky. Let me guess, EBay?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 04, 2020, 07:00:30 AM
"No, the thing with eBay is that most sellers there know what the figures are worth for collectors", I thus look elsewhere from time to time to buy from people who just want to make some space in their attic or basement and sometimes I find a great local deal.
oh. That also explains why a safari giga on there sometimes costs like 70 bucks instead of 20 hehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehhehehehehehhhhhhehhehehehehehehehehehhe

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: