News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creature

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 03, 2020, 11:30:41 PM
Quote from: Justin_ on November 03, 2020, 06:07:28 PM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 03, 2020, 09:47:33 AM
avatar_Creature @Creature Oh you've discovered Mike Eischen's models too!
Lovely, aren't they?
Is this Mike Eisen's eBay store? https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Paleo-Sculpture?_trksid=p2047675.l2563   I found the page ages ago as the only source of a Bison latrifons but was wanting to know the quality of the materials.

I still haven't painted mine, but I've had it for about 4 years, and it seems to have held up well even though I've moved three times in the interim. For whatever that's worth.

They are indeed lovely! And quite sturdy as far as I can tell. No visible print lines either.

That Brachiosaurus is impressive!
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist Thanks for the info, I thought the wrong way spinach colored Bullyland brachiosaurus was the initial painting. I am glad that the green painted figure is the rarest on the toy dinosaur market, and the most valuable. It's the one I have.

On the other hand, congratulate you on your new megaceros, from my point of view it is much better than Bullyland's and above all thank you for sharing those photos.

Jose S.M.

That Megaloceros surely has a regal stance! Looks imposing.

Faelrin

Now you mention it it kind of reminds me of their Cave Bear. I never bothered to get it because of the glossiness and the lack of sculpt detail, but also because I wasn't as interested in collecting mammals when it came out. It looks like this was unfortunately effected by the same issue. Still problems and inaccurate coloration aside this may be the next best option until a more accurate one pops up and it is also great to have when the Bullyland one is so rare now (still on my wishlist though).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I just received the corythosaurus from PNSO. I can only say one thing is a beauty and it is immense. Seeing him physically, he does not have the head with that diseased and macroencephalon allometry that he indicates when looking at promotional photographs. It is much better and it is totally proportionate sincerely it leaves other figures of the same species in a situation of shame such as the Schleich corythosaurus or the Toyway corythosaurus. It is honestly one of the best corythosaurus ever made by a brand of toy dinosaurs competing face to face if not much better with Carnegie's corythosaurus. I sincerely recommend it, it is a figure within what is possible with a not so expensive price if we consider that the quality and size of this magnificent paleo-artistic reproduction is superior and honestly it is much better, I repeat that all the promotional photographs and the photographs taken and for having of that figure.

On the other hand it is made of a hard but even flexible plastic and the hooves of that figure are masterfully well carved from the scientific point of view.

On the other hand, looking day by day at the atodentatus that I received yesterday gives an image of a more hyper-realistic figure than I imagined the details of the claws (I do not understand animal anatomy) of the figures is extremely detailed and of a beauty that has impressed and admired the beauty and precision with which this young PNSO brand works. That is a figure totally within the reach of the vast majority of people who are fond of collecting prehistoric animals. I am very happy with both acquisitions.

Now I only need to receive the three tyrannosaurus from Nanmu Studio that will be when they fall since they are already classified, I will surely receive them tomorrow. My confinement will be sweet with the arrival of all these wonders.

ceratopsian

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus - thanks for your review of the Corythosaurus. So glad you are pleased with it.

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for your words. It's very nice, I admit it to you because I know you have very good taste when it comes to dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. One hundred percent recommendable that corythosaurus you will not regret buying it. It is huge for the medium-sized PNSO animals we are used to. it is even larger than Schleich's corythosaurus.

ceratopsian

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Glad to hear the Corythosaurus (and Atopodentatus) arrived for you. Thank you for sharing feedback that they are much better in person. I am hoping to get this and their other new releases in the coming months (I am going to prioritize the I-Toy Paraceratherium first though).

Creature

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 04, 2020, 01:17:52 PM
That Megaloceros surely has a regal stance! Looks imposing.

That was my impression as well. Quite a handsome fella!
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I totally agree, I also recommend that you prioritize buying the paraceratherium from itoy, it is a spectacular figure and I am aware that it is worth a lot of money but it is money invested in your collection. With so many brands of toy dinosaurs and prehistoric animals one has to prioritize shopping.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on the new acquisition. From what I have seen in the DTF forum that Bullyland edaphosaurus figure is very difficult to find that figure in eBay online stores. I am glad that in this way you have completed that collection. I still need the baby mammoth.

Faelrin

? @Stolpergeist Congrats on finally obtaining it. Great assortment of them as well. Thanks for the comparison with the CollectA one. I don't think I was aware the Bullyland one was so small. Makes me all the more glad CollectA made one, not because the Bullyland one is particularly inaccurate (it holds up really well), but how rare it is to find these days. Still I only hope to obtain it some day (as well as the Arizonasaurus and Mastodonsaurus). Been on my wishlist for years and the CollectA hasn't changed that.

Kapitaenosavrvs

My Order from ED came in today and it was really fast.

I got the Mail, that the Linheraptor is in Stock again and i ordered it for 29 Pounds, which went fast to 38 Pounds! Lucky me.

I found it way harder to get it in a Position i want, because the joints are way more lose than the Dromaeosaurus a. Especially the feet and Legs are extremely loose and can't carry anything.
But to me, it is the best Paintjob in the whole Raptorseries. Love it.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Indeed those birds of prey are very pretty. I am tempted to buy them honestly speaking.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 05, 2020, 04:41:09 PM
My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Indeed those birds of prey are very pretty. I am tempted to buy them honestly speaking.

Thank you :)

Oh and i guess i was a bit unclear about the Figures. I Just ordered the Linheraptor. I thought it just looks good with two Animals in the Pictures :)

Libraraptor

Congrats, ? @Stolpergeist to the Edaphosaurus!
Now you still need Bullyland Procynosuchus and Protochirotherium (the museum exclusives), donĀ“t you?

Shonisaurus

I just received the three tyrannosaurus from Nanmu Studio about six hours ago and I can assure you that those figures are much better than what the promotional and collector videos commented on. The three figures are perfectly supported on their legs without problems of lack of sustainability, even the transparent edition that does not mean that with time or due to the action of heat these figures give up their balance that I no longer know.

All three are beautifully sculpted. They are high quality adult collector figures, and I don't think they are suitable figures for a child because of their pointed teeth and rather hard parts of the pieces. It is a heavy dinosaur.

Even the smallest detail is sculpted and the teeth have a perfect yellow ivory color, just like the teeth of an animal and in this case a dinosaur must be. The scales, muscles, veins are all represented in each tyrannosaurus and can be appreciated with a magnifying glass. On the other hand, what I have problems is when it comes to opening the mouth joints of the two tyrannosaurus figures with two versions of paint, the brown and the green one. It is impossible for me to open my mouths and I do not want to give them up by force to prevent them from breaking. On the other hand, the mouth of Nanmu's transparent tyrannosaurus rex opens without problems as a gift. Honestly, these figures are only advisable for those people who like me can afford a whim and have no family to feed. Honestly, they are very beautiful, they are figures, I repeat, of very high quality and it is without a doubt the best theropod figure that I have from Nanmu, it is obvious that it has been his maximum bet in the collectibles and toy market.

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist Thanks for your kind words. In my Lifetime Shop I have been told that PNSO's megaloceros, stygimoloch and feathered velociraptor will be back soon.

It is honestly the truth many figures are much better to see them physically than in promotional or collector's photos or videos. I'm glad what you say about the megaloceros that it is bigger than you imagined. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for having found these figures sincerely, the one that I am most interested in looking for is the AAA synthetoceras and I see that you have found it, I am happy for you, I think it is the only synthetoceras that exists in the toy dinosaur market that I am aware of.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: