News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread A bit late to this, but congrats on getting those. I'm still behind on the Parasaurolophus, but I got the Pteranodon this year, and the Deinocheirus a few years ago. Honestly those two are some of my favorites Safari Ltd has done so far, and the Parasaurolophus is nice as well.

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. Congrats on getting those. They make a really interesting pair as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I just received the borealopelta from PNSO and my impressions are as follows:

It is a small but bulky figure much larger than its Collecta counterpart and is beautifully sculpted, with all four-legged claw and cuirass plates highly detailed and the tail plates highly detailed. Without a doubt, it is much better physically than the promotional photos that did not do any justice considering that the figure was fabulous in its promotional and presentation photos, the real or physical figure is much better especially because that eye that seemed humanized in the Photographs of the promotional figure totally disappears into the real figure and honestly the figure seems to be taken in a surreal way from a photograph in a paleontology book and brought into your real life and what I say is real, I am not kidding. My note on bliss is 9.6 out of 10 considering that total beauty in this life is unattainable.

Honestly, perhaps from my point of view the best borealopelta figure that I have in my collection and without a doubt one of the best that exist in the toy dinosaur market.

Jose S.M.

Thanks to everyone that complimented my new PNSOs , very happy with them! And I'm glad to hear that you are that pleased with the Borealopelta, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ! I'll get mine around Christmas probably.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. Thanks for your words. The borealopelta will be a good Christmas gift for you. Recommended.

postsaurischian

:D  As others before I'm also very happy with this wonderful new acquisition!

Loon

Congrats, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian that Corythosaurus is really fantastic. This is probably only funny to me, but that human figure always looks like George Carlin to me. Coming to CBS this fall, "Caroline and Carlin".

Shonisaurus

Congratulations on your new acquisition avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  without a doubt great photos, but I have to point out that PNSO figures like those of most toy brand dinosaurs look better physically than in promotional or collector photos. The PNSO corythosaurus is like a figure taken from a palaeo-artistic work in a dinosaur book, it is reality as I have already commented on other times. I'm so happy for you.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

No pictures yet, because going on my laptop is still a daunting prospect, but I recieved my first ever aliexpress order today as the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus and Lambeosaurus arrived (and without any customs charges too) and I am extremely pleased to have a nicely sized figure of my favourite Stegosaur Tuojiangosaurus which is sadly usually overlooked though I remember it fondly from my childhood dinosaur books, though I do wish it was actually 1:35 scale rather than 1:32 which makes a difference at this size but still lovely all the same, and I am equally pleased to have one of the most gorgeous Hadrosaur figures too in the form of the beautiful Lambeosaurus which replaces the Bullyland Lambeosaurus in my collection, though for  now I have chosen not to get rid of the Bullyland just yet because dinotoycollector currently lists the 'small group I have the most figures of' as Hadrosauridae rather than Chasmosaurinae which it previously had done so I would like to thank Stefan for not splitting Hadrosaurs into the equivalent 2 subfamilies of Saurolophinae and Lambeosaurinae like Ceratopsids are split as otherwise that could not have happened thanks to manufacturers preferences.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

All these PNSO hadrosaur photos are really whetting my appetite. Mine got routed to the wrong post office on the other side of town, and I have no idea how long that will take to rectify.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Oh i'm sorry for that. It happened to me once but they sent it to a completely different town. It was my much awaited favorite Saurolophus

Halichoeres

I'm sure it will be fine, and even if it isn't at least they're easily replaced!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

triceratops83

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 11, 2020, 01:33:20 PM
All these PNSO hadrosaur photos are really whetting my appetite. Mine got routed to the wrong post office on the other side of town, and I have no idea how long that will take to rectify.
Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 11, 2020, 02:33:22 PM
Oh i'm sorry for that. It happened to me once but they sent it to a completely different town. It was my much awaited favorite Saurolophus

I had an order from Dejankins once get shipped by the post office to Austria instead of Australia. I guess area codes and such don't mean anything.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Primeval12

Waiting for me when I get home :D

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 11, 2020, 01:33:20 PM
Hopefully you will receive your package soon! Seeing all these photos made me decide to finally purchase the Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus, which are my two last purchases for the year. I need to contain myself at times, plus money is always an issue....

Bokisaurus

Great new additions everyone!
I am anxiously waiting for all my PNSO orders, I have been ordering them as they were released so they staggered arriving.
Seeing everyone's new PNSO gets me more excited to see them in person.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 My congratulations on these additions to your collection of dinosaurs from the Chinese brands Vitae and PNSO are very beautiful.

On the other hand as far as I am concerned today I will surely receive the pachyrhinosaurus from PNSO. I am longing to have it in my collection and put it on my shelf on my glass table. When I receive it I will comment on how the figure is. I can only receive the totally scientific PNSO spinosaurus but it will be after I start work next week at the earliest.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 12, 2020, 06:25:52 AM
Great new additions everyone!
I am anxiously waiting for all my PNSO orders, I have been ordering them as they were released so they staggered arriving.
Seeing everyone's new PNSO gets me more excited to see them in person.

Same for me. Yesterday i ordered the PNSO Spinosaurus, Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus with the Sale on Aliexpress. Got the prime DHL shipping for free. We'll see. It was a lot of Money, but i couldn't resist.

EmperorDinobot

For my bday I got Jurassic World Tarbosaurus, Delta (the new one) and Siats. Why anyone would make a Siats is beyond me.
I pre-ordered the BOTM Styracosaurus, and I got a BOTM Saurornitholestes "Runner", regular version Pyroraptor, and Velociraptor osmolskae "Alpha" exclusive.

I hope to post pics soon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on November 12, 2020, 06:26:27 PM
For my bday I got Jurassic World Tarbosaurus, Delta (the new one) and Siats. Why anyone would make a Siats is beyond me.
I pre-ordered the BOTM Styracosaurus, and I got a BOTM Saurornitholestes "Runner", regular version Pyroraptor, and Velociraptor osmolskae "Alpha" exclusive.

I hope to post pics soon.
well happy birthday I hope it was as good as it can be in the circumstances

Quote from: Primeval12 on November 12, 2020, 03:23:59 AM
Waiting for me when I get home :D

these are lovely I take it a bag is how they send PNSO figures if you choose no box?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I just received the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus ten hours ago, it is honestly a very nice figure, but not as prominent as the previous ones.
The most beautiful thing is the blue eyes, but the protuberance that they have put red in the sickle removes a lot of beauty from the figure, it is in detail modeled and it is small but not small at all. Honestly in my case I prefer Battat's pachyrhinosaurus, Safari (of course perhaps the best) and Papo. From my point of view it is the scientific but less beautiful pachyrhinosaurus of all the ones I have in my collection. It's a loose figure from the 2020 PNSO dinosaur group, and it honestly detracts from my collection with the rest of the figures. I have to admit that in this case from my humble opinion it is even less beautiful than the prototype or the promotional photos. I am sorry for making such a cruel judgment on that figure but in my case I have the right in this case in the sense that I am a consumer of that article and in this case I am more legitimate to have an opinion than with respect to other members of the DTF. I am honestly going to wait for the spinosaurus from PNSO 2020 but sincerely I said, it is a rather weak figure compared to the wonderful images of dinosaurs that PNSO has delighted us this year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: