News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorRex

I've got a Carnotaurus related story as well!

After hours and hours of searching over many days, I had thought I had lost my Carnegie dinosaurs. Lo and behold, today I'm scouting the garage to find the packaging for things I'm selling and right in plain sight, under a pile of boxes, is this:

I literally couldn't believe what I found inside. I finally reunited with my Carnegie Carnotaurus!!

ceratopsian

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres - I'm really happy with the BotM models. So much so that I'm thinking of spending my Christmas money from my father on the Chasmosaurus!  I dithered a lot over whether to order that one in Backerkit but thought my list was getting a bit long!

ceratopsian

R @Raptorex - what a good feeling!  I'm always amazed at how often things can hide in plain sight.

Bread

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Really puts a smile on my face. :)

Wonderful gifts avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. Definitely one of the few Mattel figures I thought about picking up.

Glad to see you have found your old figures avatar_RaptorRex @RaptorRex

Dusty Wren

Still can't get over how beautiful that Carnegie Carnotaurus is. Glad you found him, avatar_RaptorRex @RaptorRex.

Are you all tired of BotM posts yet? ;D I just got my Zuniceratops, Diabloceratops, and Styracosaurus today. I know we've had a bunch of photos of these already, so here are just a couple of glamor shots to show off the amazing sculpting on these beasts.

Check out my customs thread!

Bread

These BOTM ceratopsians look wonderful. Honestly, I won't ever get tired of seeing them, they just stand out in a perfect way. Congratulations avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your ceraptosides, perhaps the BoTM ceraptosides are the most varied in terms of species that a dinosaur collecting company has ever made and other than that they are of outstanding quality.

Eocarcharia

Congratulations to everyone on the great new additions.

avatar_RaptorRex @RaptorRex Nice, that Carnotaurus is one of my favorite Carnegie models.

avatar_Bread @Bread Likewise, PNSO's Ankylosaurus is definitely my favorite of that genus.

Bread

Been having a lot of recent acquisitions lately. Going to take a break picking up figures until Safari releases all three of their new 2021 figures. I also needed to stray away from PNSO's new releases for a bit, ordered some CollectA figures (some of my first of this company). However, I broke a rule of mine with this purchase. I have my first sauropod figure, Argentinosaurus, and will probably not be my last....

Note: My left light is out in both of the images so that is a bummer:P

Duna

Quote from: Bread on December 11, 2020, 06:40:06 PM
Been having a lot of recent acquisitions lately. Going to take a break picking up figures until Safari releases all three of their new 2021 figures. I also needed to stray away from PNSO's new releases for a bit, ordered some CollectA figures (some of my first of this company). However, I broke a rule of mine with this purchase. I have my first sauropod figure, Argentinosaurus, and will probably not be my last....
Collecta Argentinosaurus is a wonderful figure. Also brontosaurus goes really well with it. A trio will be fantastic with 2021 Mamenchisaurus. I also have diplodocus.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. All the figures that you have acquired I especially like the carnotaurus and the mantellisaurus that sincerely many times on my part I have underestimated said figure because of its size and it is a sincerely quite attractive figure. Enjoy them with health you and yours!

Libraraptor

Congratulations everyone!  I just got myself this fantastic book:

Bread

avatar_Duna @Duna my plan was to actually purchase more of CollectA's sauropods, especially the Mamenchisaurus. I may purchase Safari's Diplodocus due to shelf space issues. But yes they would look wonderful together and thank you!

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus The Mantellisaurus is quite small, I originally thought it was slightly bigger, but it is still a great figure and I highly recommend it. The Carnotaurus is probably my favorite figure in my collection at the moment. Definitely glad I chose to purchase some collectA figures. Thank you!

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor The illustration in that book looks amazing! Congratulations on that pickup!

ceratopsian

avatar_Bread @Bread - that's a good group there. Despite its small size, I'm especially fond of the Mantellisaurus. It's one of those figures that I never tire of.

callmejoe3

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 12, 2020, 02:35:05 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread - that's a good group there. Despite its small size, I'm especially fond of the Mantellisaurus. It's one of those figures that I never tire of.
Definitely, I believe CollectA's Mantellisaurus is sort of forgotten about, possibly because of how small it is.

C @callmejoe3 Love the sculpt and colors. Congratulations on the pickup!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Bread on December 12, 2020, 11:07:02 PM
Definitely, I believe CollectA's Mantellisaurus is sort of forgotten about, possibly because of how small it is.

Pretty soon you will be adding the other small CollectA sauropods😂 the Daxiatitan is one of the best avatar_Bread @Bread
Great new additions everyone!

Bread

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 13, 2020, 12:59:53 AM
Quote from: Bread on December 12, 2020, 11:07:02 PM

Pretty soon you will be adding the other small CollectA sauropods😂 the Daxiatitan is one of the best avatar_Bread @Bread
Great new additions everyone!
Probably....Most likely.... Definitely...
I can already hear my wallet crying.

Shonisaurus

I collected the pachycephalosaurus and ceratosaurus from Schleich and my opinions are as follows

The pachycephalosaurus is honestly a nice figure as far as details of muscles, nerves and scales is quite detailed. The sculpture of the head is not as I expected it has a gesture that does not convince me. On the other hand, the horny protrusions on the sickle are a bit large, but the eyes are quite realistic and not humanized.

The legs of the pachycephalosaurus are too oversized and reminiscent of the old Schleich era otherwise it is my third large sized pachycephalosaurus in my collection followed by the Bullyland and UKRD pachycephalosaurus. The Schleich dracorex is honestly superior in quality.

I also picked up the ceratosaurus, the details are good in terms of scales. It does not have oversized feet but the details of the head are not as I expected, the mouth is carelessly painted and the details of the head detract from the quality of the figure, unfortunately having humanized eyes that take away the realism of the dinosaur although sincerely It is much better than the old version of the ceratosaurus from the Humbold Museum in Berlin, however, I have to be honest and in this case the figure looks much worse physically than in a promotional photograph.

The notes with which I rate both figures is the pachycephalosaurus a 6, the painting details are very good also I forgot to add and the ceratosaurus, regretting it a lot, I have to rate it with a 5.3 sincerely it is one of the few figures that are bought in the toy dinosaur market whose actual figure is inferior in quality or less impressive than the prototype figure. I will continue to inform when I buy and receive any more dinosaur figures.

Bread

Congratulations on your pickups avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. I love the colors on the Ceratosaurus, despite the final product looking worse than the promo images.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: