News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Yes this is (was) very cool, very primal and unique. Macabre and with a hint of something that one could have encountered as a child in the schoolyard from the local bully. Striking and riveting  to see that action on this scale and in this context. Yet at the same time a bit humorous, solely because it is, at this level, innocent of malice. As Thomas Hobbes once put it, doing what you HAVE to do, but doing it willingly.

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats on obtaining the whole set. That had to be no easy feat. I can imagine it will only get harder to find as time goes on. I am still hoping to obtain this entire set. It's just my plans for getting all of this has been unfortunately delayed now as catching covid has set my whole family back financially (and I still need to pay some folks back first). I agree that's definitely some of their very best and it is a shame they pretty much stopped doing these. The Dilophosaurus pair are the closest thing, and maybe not intentionally but the Woodland Stegosaurus has a base that pairs well with the Ceratosaurus too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Everytime I see someone post that Acro, I regret purchasing the King T.rex. I had the option to purchase one or the other and I simply chose the Tyrannosaurus due to the possibility (which no longer exist) of the King Trident and King T.rex diorama duo. That is a lovely piece avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congratulations on the pickups of all 3!

paintingdinos

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Very nice! I've really wanted the trio for a while, but as you've said, hard to come by these days. I still keep my eye out ebay for a good deal.

Also, at long last....... wave 1 BOTM Ceratopsians are here!

EDIT:
Oh boy, having a lot of fun with these  :))

Jose S.M.

Nice! I wanted to get some if those ceratopsians but in the end I didn't because right now I don't have space and are too big for my collection but I can't wait to see more images of them from fellow members when they get them!

Libraraptor

I like that Protoceratops very much. Yet I am not sure if it´s "because" or "despite" its colour pattern. ^-^

Shonisaurus

Although his Collecta pair is very pretty, I definitely like this one much more. This BoTM protoceratops is honestly very attractive.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, beautiful shots and Congrats on all the new Stuff, everyone. Today i recieved my Package with the PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus, Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus. I can't describe them in a way that would fit these Figures. I am in love with them. Everyone knows the "Inhand they look WAY better". Still i always try to judge from Pictures on the Internet. In the Case of PNSOs recent Figures i can just speak for these three (untill now...), but they are way better in real life. And the Pictures look great, too.

Love em. Especially the Spinosaurus. I also love the smaller Size.
Since everyone saw these Figures enough, i just leave a Picture here, i directly made after the Figures arrived. A Spinosaurus family.

paintingdinos

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Glad they arrived safe and sound! What is the unpainted model behind the PNSO?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 30, 2020, 05:24:18 PM
Today i recieved my Package with the PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus, Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus. .......
Love em. Especially the Spinosaurus. I also love the smaller Size.
Since everyone saw these Figures enough, i just leave a Pictures here, i made directly after they arrived. A Spinosaurus family.

:)  Congrats and great shot! I like the contrast with the white PNSO Museum Spinosaurus.
      BTW ... it looks much better in white and I like what you're doing with it. Will it have a proper tail? It looks so :) .

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs My congratulations on your spinosaurus by the way What is the unpainted figure? I wonder the same as avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos, that spinosaurus is very beautiful and very big, I mean the unpainted spinosaurus, what company does it belong to?

RaptorRex

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 24, 2020, 08:12:59 AM
R @Raptorex I'm so sorry that your Dinostoreus Carnotaurus is so damaged. Couldn't you get your money back? I have to admit that the Dinostoreos figures are very poorly packed. I bought them at the Museum Shop and the seller had to check that the figures were not damaged, since some were unfortunately broken or mutilated at the Museum Shop with that I say enough.

I got a refund so all good over here!

In terms of recent purchases I got my first BOTM Ceratopsian today in the mail. These things are AMAZING! Gonna take this guy to the AZMNH so he can get a selfie with the Nasutoceratops skull on display there. : )

Dusty Wren

That Nasuto is beautiful, avatar_RaptorRex @RaptorRex! Love that green stripe along the back. How's the articulation on it? The joints seem sort of stiff in some of the video reviews I've seen.
Check out my customs thread!

RaptorRex

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 01, 2020, 01:53:39 AM
That Nasuto is beautiful, avatar_RaptorRex @RaptorRex! Love that green stripe along the back. How's the articulation on it? The joints seem sort of stiff in some of the video reviews I've seen.
I think the joints are pretty good! One of the problems with the Raptors is that the feet joints are too weak for them to stand without the base but the Nasutoceratops has no such problems. Any exceptionally stiff joints have been solved by the ol' hot water method.

Shonisaurus

It is exceptional that nasutoceratops is honestly a very sweet figure for a collector like me, considering that the ceraptosides are my favorite dinosaurs. What perhaps does not convince me is its touches of paint, although I have to point out that at the same time I am more attracted to those touches of paint in that exceptional ceraptósidos than the conservative and scientific paintings that other figures like the beautiful counterpart of Safari usually have, whose beauty and scientific precision is proven.

Dusty Wren

That's good to hear about the joints. I'm still waiting for my Ceratopsians to ship, so all the photos in this thread are getting me hyped.

I'd heard that some people had trouble getting the Raptors to stand properly, which makes me a little worried about the Tyrannosaur line.
Check out my customs thread!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: paintingdinos on November 30, 2020, 06:01:30 PM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Glad they arrived safe and sound! What is the unpainted model behind the PNSO?

+ avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus 

Oh, this is my Attempt from July to customize Essien in a more 2020 Look. I never finished this. Tail is still WIP. Throat, Sail and Arms/Hands ( I needed to get rid of these thumbs...) are "done".

Still needs some Colour. Maybe this year :D

Thanks a lot, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian. I really do not know why, but i kind of like it too in white. Or at least it does not look wrong at all.

Shonisaurus

You have made a satisfying and artistic makeover of the PNSO spinosaurus, the new look is just magnificent. Honestly, you are a great artist, it is the spinosaurus that one would like to have, if there were one like the one reformed by you from PNSO I am sure that I would buy it without blinking to that we must add that it has no paint color, I can not imagine how It would be a masterfully repainted spinosaurus in the style of Martin Garratt.

Libraraptor

Yeah, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs , a pelican throat! Thumbs up!

Carnoking

That would probably be my definitive Spinosaurus if it existed!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: