News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread Thanks for your words. Unfortunately Schleich's ceratosaurus looks worse physically than in promotional photography, which is not normal for toy dinosaur figures, the painting of the ceratosaurus especially on the head is rather sloppy from my point of view. . On the other hand, the pachycephalosaurus is within the acceptable range and its paint is quite good.

Piltdown 龍

Ordered PNSO Wilson on eBay, which unfortunately will reach me around Easter. Gives me enough time to schedule Wilson's Botox injections at the derm clinic.
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Halichoeres

Thanks, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus that helps reaffirm my decision.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 15, 2020, 08:26:14 AM
avatar_Bread @Bread Thanks for your words. Unfortunately Schleich's ceratosaurus looks worse physically than in promotional photography, which is not normal for toy dinosaur figures, the painting of the ceratosaurus especially on the head is rather sloppy from my point of view. . On the other hand, the pachycephalosaurus is within the acceptable range and its paint is quite good.
Well that's quite disappointing to hear about the cerato, but good news for the pachycephalosaurus. I honestly like quite a bit of schleich's color schemes, but the sculpts and applications definitely take a toll on the final product. Congratulations on your recent pickups though!

Congrats on the purchase avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGlueLong, hopefully your package will arrive safely and intact.

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Congrats on obtaining those so soon. Thanks for the input on them as well. Sorry to hear about the Ceratosaurus as, perhaps aside from the Kaprosuchus, it was the one I was interested the most from them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thanks for your words. I hope I have helped when choosing or not those Schleich figures.

ceratopsian

I liked my Beasts of the Mesozoic Kickstarter/Backerkit models so much that I bought two more from Everything Dinosaur: all the fault of avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres for showing the tempting pictures of the Chasmosaurus.  Here's my Chasmosaurus chatting to Medusaceratops on my hi-fi speaker....  (Be aware that there is a foreshortening effect in the photo on the Medusaceratops in particular!)

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. You have precisely acquired two of the BoTM ceraptosides that I would like to have in the future, the chasmosaurus and the medusaceratops. It's honestly an early Christmas present.

Dusty Wren

Argh, I passed on the Medusaceratops during the backerkit, but the more in-hand photos I see of it, the more I like it. That violet/yellow color combo is just so attractive. I may end up buying it yet.

Side note, your wallpaper is fantastic.
Check out my customs thread!

ceratopsian

Thank you avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren. It's a William Morris design but a remake with modern colours. A good smattering of avian dinosaurs too!

I passed in the Medusaceratops in Backerkit, though it made my shortlist. The photos honestly didn't do it justice. They are very rich, very sunset. The cardboard habitat within the box is also sunset.  So not a cheap model but it looks exceptionally good.

Libraraptor

Look,  CollectA Deluxe Velociraptor and a quirky Ankylosaurid with five fingers and an interesting club...

Piltdown 龍

PNSO Wilson 2020 order cancelled

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor My congratulations on your new acquisitions.

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGlueLong I hope you receive your figure soon. Best wishes for Christmas.

Lanthanotus

Nice acquistion...... the sleeping pose depicted would have interested me aswell :)

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 22, 2020, 09:23:43 PM
Quote from: MagicGlueLong on December 19, 2020, 08:00:10 AM
PNSO Wilson 2020 order cancelled

Why?

Unfortunately the seller on aliexpress was unable (or unwilling) to cancel the order because it is supposedly already with DHL for shipping. Oh well, I suppose  I'll get to see how it looks before deciding what to do with it :) Even more unfortunately I also ordered the previous version of Wilson, wrinkles and all, and now I have yet another problem to resolve :( It's been difficult enough selling off the dinosaurs I still have.

Bokisaurus

So, this was a pleasant surprise ! It arrived so fast, it wasn't supposed to arrive till mid January early Feb, but here they are! ;D
Unfortunately, its looking likely that my Pachyrhino is lost, its been more than month now and tracking just went dark after reaching the USA :(
[]

If you want to see more photos, you can check out my Collection thread for more. Cheers!

Ezikot

B @Bokisaurus how nice duo! Congratulations!

QuoteUnfortunately, its looking likely that my Pachyrhino is lost, its been more than month now and tracking just went dark after reaching the USA :(
Have you tried https://www.17track.net/it? I use it for tracking my aliexpress orders.

PrimevalRaptor

Christmas Eve is today and I finally got some books I had on my radar for a long time as well as the Papo Spinosaurus. Not the most accurate one on the market for sure, but I really like it and it's been on my want list for quite some time. :D

Hole you're all having a very merry Christmas and happy Holidays!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: