News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: Duna on December 29, 2020, 06:19:32 PM
I have also discovered that some surprinsingly similar cards were released at about the same time by ORBIS, in at least 4 countries/languages. The artwork is very similar to John Sibbick's and so to the "101 dinosaurios" collection, but it's not the same, but is obviously inspired in a high grade (most dinosaurs share the same colors but with posture changed, and some with little modifications). The series consist in 96 cards with a quite distracting logo placed on the drawing.
https://www.dinofan.com/Collectibles/CollectiblesSetDetail.aspx?IID=117

Ah, those. In Germany they were called Dino Tausch Karten and came with the Dinosaurier! magazines by DeAgostini. While most were random, the Recent Discoveries came with the final issue featuring them. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on finding those vintage dinosaur trading cards. It also brings back very good memories for me. Thanks for sharing your collection.

PrimevalRaptor

Got my birthday presents at midnight already since my family was still awake, some neat books and finally the Safari Sauropelta!

It's a bit smaller than I thought but even more gorgeous in person, I can see why so many people love it (count me among those now)

Sitting among my other new Safaris from this year now, can't wait to take it to our park when the lockdown is over (should also take some of the Papo Spino but posing that one will be trickier)

Stegotyranno420

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor
Happy birthday

PrimevalRaptor

CityRaptor

I got the book for Christmas. Got the Minis months ago but forgot to post them.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

From my sister, a faux-rigami Stegosaurus ornament (actually made of metal)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor Happy birthday and I congratulate you luxury gifts.

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres My congratulations on your new acquisitions.

Shonisaurus

I just received the Vitae tiantaisaurus and jinyunpelta from an Aliexpress store.

My impressions of the Vitae tiantaisaurus figure is without a doubt for me the best therizinosaurid figure made to date, it looks just as good neither better nor worse than the promotional photos and videos, on the other hand it is more of a figure of collection than a mere toy, it has pointed claws and doubts and in general this figure is made of a type of PVC that is not malleable or soft. The figure is honestly painted quite elegantly (both versions) being the version of Vitae's tiantaisaurus with a black back to be emphasized much more, on the other hand, the pycno feathers can be seen in a masterful way. A figure to be truly taken into account in the world of the toy dinosaur.

On the other hand the jinyunpelta is a beautifully modeled figure much smaller than the tiantaisauarus and above all I highlight the precise and precious details of the open mouth, it is a dinosaur in complete dynamic position and it is honestly worth collecting that figure, which is even better that the promotional photos or videos is a small figure, but beautifully painted and detailed and above all it has the detail of the legs in action that few ankylosaurids have in the collectors market.

On the other hand, the bases serve not only for those dinosaurs but for any diorama they are of complete luxury, in relation to the sustainability of the tiantaisaurus it has mobility problems but otherwise it is a great figure, which I do not understand why it has a tiny magnet in the lower part of the foot as if it had a medium nail I don't know what use it is, perhaps that is the reason why they have stability problems. For the rest, these figures deserve a score of 9 out of 10 and point 9 for the simple reason of the miniscule sustainability problems of the tiantaisaurus and because of the small magnet in the foot, on the other hand I also put a 9 out of 10 to the jinyunpelta and the note The 9 that I put is for the simple reason that it is a little small for me, although from the photographs I knew more or less what size it would be.

On the other hand, as other members of the DTF comment, take care of yourselves and make yourself safe in your homes and with sacrifice we can all defeat this horrible and unfortunately deadly pandemic. Victory is that of the brave, benevolent and humble.

Bread

avatar_Duna @Duna congratulations on the find/recovery of an old memory!
Love the artwork throughout it! Definitely something worth holding on to.

Happy Birthday avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor
Sorry to comment that a few days later. You will definitely grow to love that Sauropelta even more. It is still one of my favorite figures in my collection. Congratulations on the books as well!

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor congratulations on the gifts and pickups. I don't collect JP figures/merchandise but that book does seem lovely. As a kid, I would always look through books/magazines to see any dinosaur toys or content, and your book definitely reminds me of that.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres that ornament looks lovely! I am quite interested in how your sister made it out of metal. What an awesome gift!

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Congratulations on your pickups. Glad your packages made it safely to you. I am so tempted to buy my first vitae figure, but I am not set on which one yet.... Reading your review has me leaning towards both the Tiantaisaurus and the Jinyunpelta.

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and avatar_Bread @Bread!
I'm very sure of that already, there's just so much detail in this model and the pose has lots of great angles.

DragonRider02

I had quite a break from collecting dinos lately (5 months!) as I focused more on trying to get at least one of the latest Transformers exclusives (plese Hasbro, stop this madness!) and that's where all my pocket money went, but last month I finally acquired some fantastic stuff for my prechistoric shelf:
- some of the more recent CollectAs + THE BEST Papo dinosaur for 2020-the male Pheasant. I got them all from my dad as a 'payment' for helping him with his work.
-PNSO Spinosaurus! It's such a beautiful figure I had to get it asap.
-BOTM Styracosaurus. Finally, I have my hands on this beauty! It's my favorite ceratopsian in the entire line and probably even my favorite figure in collection at the moment. It's really fun to mess with and pose and I love the color combination.

I also got PNSO Lambeosaurus for christmas. It's such beautiful and elegant looking figure!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread and avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor Thanks for your beautiful words. I honestly have all the Vitae figures but the tiantaisaurus and the jinyunpelta of that brand are the best that has been made together with their giganosaurus.

On the other hand I just received the three figures of gorilla Z or rather gorilla (giganthopitecus is my consolation as an admirer of that rare prehistoric ape, also rare in relation to the few or very few paleontological remains found), I can say that the figures are Immense honestly they are worthy rivals of another fictional beast as it is his opponent of the island of the Skull Vastatosaurus is in one piece and there are no removable parts Bravo for Rebor! It is what I want for all of their figures regardless they are all outstanding and collector's items, it is very heavy and made of solid PVC. If you have children, be careful not to put it on high shelves as it is a thrown weapon that can cause a good bump in children in the worst case.

It is a piece like all the works of Rebor, more of a collector, although it is also aimed at children, especially during these Christmas holidays. Within my misfortune of having painfully lost both parents, I have the consolation of having some figures that for me are a gift from the Three Wise Men, a celebration that I celebrate as an adult child of about 50 years.

On the other hand, the origin of these figures is from shop.modellpferdeversand.de. All I need is for the bigbadtoystore store to confirm that it has already received payment for said figure, which by the way was rejecting a payment method, I had to use another method and send it to me the limited version of Gorilla Z by Rebor that by the way, it is the one that most reminds me of giganthopitecus and I notice to all DTF members who ordered the bigbadtoystore version, as I have already said they have already advised that this purchase can be made. The Gorilla Rebor painting versions are recommended only for those who like science fiction movies and aspire to have something that is the closest thing to the giganthopitecus, taking into account that it is a figure of authentic luxury both the affordable price within what fits , as well as its outstanding quality, both in sculpture and painting and in the material used, that is, PVC.

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly I would like to buy all the BoTM ceraptosid figures in everythingdinosaur, after the EU agreement with Great Britain I am highly tempted among other things because that store is always very friendly and very competent, it is perhaps the best trade of dinosaur figures online , I am happy for all your acquisitions, especially that styracosaurus from BoTM that is tempting and I have to admit that it is the figure that I least wish to have of BoTM along with the triceratops, perhaps because they are highly represented figures in the toy market, the same is true of the PNSO figures and the Belemnita from Collecta that it is very wise to collect a few figures in many months and give in to the compulsive and wasteful impulse to buy all the figures that one feels like. It is something that I have already adopted from the end of November to December.

Faelrin

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Beautiful selection of figures there. Congrats on having those added to your collection now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

This. Beautiful. Figure ^-^
More pics in my collection thread if you want to  see more. Cheers and Happy New Year!
[]

Duna

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 What a lovely selection have you purchased! The pheasant is a beauty. As I have little room I don't collect action figures but that BOTM Styracosaurus would be the first, no doubt, I like it very much.
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I've liked a lot your opinion about the Vitae figures, I think they are collector pieces and display lovely with their bases.
B @Bokisaurus Congrats in your new PNSO because it's one of the best of this year, there is lot of detail in such little figure.

I've purchased in person this three figures from an Invicta collector that lives in the town next to mine, it was a surprise! They were spare figures in his collection. I wasn't planning to collect Invicta because they are quite hard to get in my country, but this is a start ... and they won't be the last. :)
As you know I love monochrome hard plastic models as my beloved Danone Jurassic Park collection, I like their vintage look, so the Invictas are also love at first sight.

I've also bought this nice lot to get the Danone Bactrosaurus with such a unique color made unintentionally in the molding factory. A few rests of plastic of other colors from other bunch (probably after making brownish red Dimetrodons) have make this fantastic look (red and orange) in my favorite figure. I'll add it in the Danone thread.
By the way, there are also other interesting things as 2 erasers - Dimetrodon and Pteranodon - from Danone Petit Suisse Dinogomas collection, also from the 80s. There were 4 of them but I lost them decades ago. Nice to see them again!
There is also the Polacanthus from Panini and a Miniland? knock-off T-rex. And a Velociraptor from the collection of "Trogoloditos" Cereals, which used the same molds as UKRD, but the material is different, the rubber is softer and the paint is more simple.

And a GORGEOUS retro hard plastic triceratops from the coveted vintage collection of El Cigarral (Spanish exclusive) from the 80s. They are 10 in the collection and have a lovely retro look, following the style of Marx or MPC but with a new original design. They are my next goal, of course. Some are quite difficult to find nowadays.

ceratopsian

avatar_Duna @Duna, those Invicta figures make such an aesthetically pleasing group - a perfect marriage of monochrome.  And how amazing that you found them so close to home!

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus My congratulations on your new figure that machairoceratops is a highly coveted figure for me.

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on your figures, sincerely the Invicta figures and in general all the vintage figures that you show are with a difference better than any of the figures of the current brands regardless of whether they are naturally superior, but they are better for me in the sense that were pioneers and without them perhaps there would not have been figures of the beauty of Safari, Collecta Schleich, Bullyland, PNSO, Itoy, Rebor ... and so many other brands of toy dinosaurs as for example without the moeritherium the elephant would not have perhaps existed On the other hand, Invicta, like the rest of vintage brands, have a higher affective value than other brands because I identify them with my childhood and youth, and that logically not only me but most people are attracted to the most beautiful images of his life by far.

MLMjp

The Three Wise Kings brought me these.

My favorite has to be the Sarcosuchus. Since I was a kid, thanks to the Walking with Dinosaurs special "Land of Gigants" I felt in love with it. My child shelf would have killed for this toy.

Shonisaurus

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly, JP makes more beautiful figures every day that sarcosuchus is very beautiful but also that abelisaurid that you show in your definitive collection, that majungasaurus is perhaps for me the best figure that exists on the part of that species in the toy market. That painting on that majungasaurus has left the great figure on Matel's part.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: