News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Look what came with the post yesterday ... :)

It looks pretty stable and light weighed (my corythosaurs, for example, didn't stand at all from the first day and it has 4 feet). So I used the transparent rod for another figure that deserves it much more ... I'll post the pic in my collection thread and my opinion about the Qianzhousaurus.

Jose S.M.

I just got the Borealopelta yesterday, probably will post pics in my collection soon, I haven't got the time yet. I'm really impressed with it.

Bread

Lovely acquisitions everyone!

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking does both of your hadrosaurs stand properly? My Corythosaurus does not stand, and my Lambeosaurus has to have a penny or guitar pick under the front right leg in order to stand.

I just ordered PNSO's Boreopelta, hopefully it will arrive safely and no quality control issues.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I haven't opened them yet but my second time buying from aliexpress has gone just as smoothly as the first it seems. Less than 2 weeks ago I bought the Vitae Jinyunpelta and Tiantaisaurus and they arrived today, nice and quickly, well packed and no horrible customs fees.
I may be talking too fast though as I haven't opened the package and its possible they've sent the wrong item but the odds are in favour I think.

Also it's the first time since avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector site has been up and running that I haven't immediately added my new additions to it, but I can remember these 2 I think. It's just hard to remember the Therizinosaur's name sometimes, in order to get it for this I googled undescribed dinosaur genera. Was pleased to discover it is from the same formation as Jinyunpelta,  and the same group as some of Vitae's other figures.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

Both of them stand fine for me, but the corythosaurus isn't exactly sturdy if you bump it.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on January 09, 2021, 04:14:30 PM
Both of them stand fine for me, but the corythosaurus isn't exactly sturdy if you bump it.
That's good, and yes my Corythosaurus started out as being somewhat stable, a simple bump would knock it over. Now mine is unable to stand without support, so just a heads up.

So this recent acquisition of mine has a story. I ordered this PNSO Wilson V3 mid October of 2020. The expected delivery date was November 20th, but the package was then marked "running late" at the beginning of December. Soon after it was then marked "returned to seller." I checked with Amazon and PNSO to confirm this, and it was true, the product had indeed been returned to seller due to being unable to ship. I received a full refund and I decided to wait until the new Wilson was revealed and released, and no longer needed the old Wilson. I have posted about this happening to me in PNSO threads, as it has happened to others. However, a few days ago I received the new Wilson (Winter Wilson), a lovely figure, more images of it posted in my collection. Then today, the old Wilson V3 showed up at my doorstep. I contacted PNSO through Amazon to see what they would like me to do. I am willing to pay for it because I actually like this figure, I may even hand it off to my nephew since he is starting to collect from various companies. Heads up to those who have thought their package has been lost in transit. I want to note that the most recent tracking for this item is December 10th, marked as "returned to seller." No updates after, but here it is compared to the new Wilson.

Overall, a decent Tyrannosaurus figure. I think it holds up well, although being outdated compared to the new Wilson.

SidB

Stories like this offer hope for myself, who has seven figures in the pipe waiting arrival at my door. Yes, I even had one marked "returned to China" which was correctly addressed also. Two months for the worst offender, so far. Oh well, misery loves company. It's interesting that not all orders from China arrive late. Some seem to deliver rather quickly, such as the eBay orders from Lanatimeshop. Well, glad for you that you finally got Wilson v. 3. I rather like mine, especially "in hand", with its rugged texturing. I wouldn't doubt that your nephew would be thrilled to get it if you decide to hand it over as a gift.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on January 09, 2021, 09:38:07 PM
Stories like this offer hope for myself, who has seven figures in the pipe waiting arrival at my door. Yes, I even had one marked "returned to China" which was correctly addressed also. Two months for the worst offender, so far. Oh well, misery loves company. It's interesting that not all orders from China arrive late. Some seem to deliver rather quickly, such as the eBay orders from Lanatimeshop. Well, glad for you that you finally got Wilson v. 3. I rather like mine, especially "in hand", with its rugged texturing. I wouldn't doubt that your nephew would be thrilled to get it if you decide to hand it over as a gift.
I do find it strange how some orders just strangely vanish and others maintain transit peacefully. Hopefully all of your orders arrive safely and soon. You could possibly have the same out come as I with your order marked "returned to China."

Carnoking

Winter Wilson is lookin lovely!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

So, my first photos for a while, I'll add them (and some others to my thread too) but here are the new Vitae Jinyunpelta and "Tiantaisaurus" from my second go on aliexpress, and like the first very smooth, took less than 2 weeks to get here, and no customs charges. Unfortunately the "Tiantaisaurus" is unstable and needs to be propped up against something.
I also bought the Carnegie Deinonychus trio on eBay just to have some Deinonychys to scale with my Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus and CollectA Gastonia and Tenontosaurus.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx My congratulations on your new acquisitions, sincerely the latest figures made by Vitae, jinyupelta and tiantaisaurus are sincerely sculpturally superior to all the figures of the Vitae brand except for the giganotosaurus which is on equal footing when it comes to awesomeness. I attest to this because I have in my hands the two versions of Vitae tiantaisaurus paint with base and also the jinyupelta version with base and, moreover, I hope to receive at home the cheap versions of paint of both figures and the two versions without base by tiantaisaurus.

? @Stolpergeist My congratulations on your umpteenth acquisition, that smilodon is a figure that no one can be indifferent to. It is a great figure of that prehistoric felid and one of the few that I like for collecting, pity that it is made of resin.

stargatedalek

Long time since I've posted in these topics, but I already grabbed photos of these so I thought I might as well. My years long search for more Safari dodos has finally paid off. Pictured with old custom that I'll touch up when I paint these new ones after reposing them.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is quite a 'flock' of Safari Dodos you have there. Keep them away from the dogs, pigs, cats and rats

Lynx

Got the Papo acro recently. While I do not like Papo typically, this figure was quite nice! Also got the iguanodon and chompy which are alright, but the iguanodon looks like it swallowed a golf ball.
An oversized house cat.

Shonisaurus

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly, those Safari dodo and in that amount must be rare today to find them in online commerce. Nice acquisition, I'm happy for you!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 13, 2021, 01:51:41 AM
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek I love your repainted one, was actually looking at it on Thingiverse the other day.
What do you have planned for the other ones?
Thanks, I forgot I would have had photos of it there, thought lost all the ones I had. Mostly I want to repaint them similarly, but I'll repose them first.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 13, 2021, 04:07:15 PM
Oh I meant if you were going to make a little diorama with all those customized birds?
Also I think I asked this already but I would love to see your other customs.
I don't generally like to do permanent diorama bases, rather I like to have a few of a given animal in different poses to use together for various dioramas as needed.

I have long since lost the photos of my older customs, I have a few WIP photos of a few things I've been working on very gradually and as I get around to working m on those I'll unpack some older things and get new photos alongside.

EmperorDinobot

I acquired Taco, Linheraptor from BOTM, and the more recent repaints of Jurassic World Albertosaurus and Sarcosuchus.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition. I think that every day that passes, of course, it will be more difficult to find the Geoworld figures and especially the prehistoric mammals. I honestly like them a lot and I don't collect them, for a simple reason, and that is because I think the plastic is too rigid and of a lower quality than other brands of toy dinosaurs. For the rest, for me the thylacosmilus is a good figure.

Dusty Wren

Oof, yeah, "museum quality" is a stretch. I wish there were more Thylacosmilus figures out there.

On the other hand, I like your custom Macrauchenia! Are the colors inspired by lesser kudu?
Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: