News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Oh man, that looks like a dachshund with no dental coverage. Can't wait to see your repaint!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

triceratops83

I ordered the two "Dinosaur Facts and Figures" books, and I just received the Sauropod one in the mail this afternoon, and I gotta say - Holy crap! This book is awesome! I don't know what I was expecting, but damn, it was well worth the money. I've just been flipping through it, and I've come across everything from what what plant species they ate to what parasites plagued them. The Theropod edition should rock up next week and I'm gonna be biting at the bit waiting for that. Can't wait for them to tackle Thyreophorans, Marginocephalians and Ornithopods. Hopefully Pterosaurs, too.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. That AAA smilodon is certainly huge, I think from what you show in the photograph it is even bigger than the Collecta elasmotherium and that is to say.

On the other hand that mini triceratops is lovely. I am very glad that Schleich miniature made that triceratops model for me the best triceratops made by Schleich and even one of the best in the toy dinosaur market on the world market together with the triceratops from Safari (latest version) and triceratops Battat, As I already mentioned in other threads, to which the two versions of Eofauna triceratops painting are added, which are undoubtedly for me my two favorite triceratops in the market for toy dinosaurs or rather collectibles.

On the other hand, that sea scorpion is a primeval beauty. Is it made of PVC out of curiosity?

Sim

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, I think you modified ? @Stolpergeist's post instead of quoting it.

ceratopsian

From Everything Dinosaur, opened today:

I decided to open just one or two a day, to make the pleasure last!

Faelrin

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Quite the haul there and that sounds like a great idea. I may need to remember to do this with the BotM ceratopsians later this year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dusty Wren

Good choices all around on the PNSOs. And you did end up getting the BotM Styracosaurus! Hope you like the colors better in person than in the photos.
Check out my customs thread!

ceratopsian

Yes thank you avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren. It's lovely and sitting now across the room on my hi-fi speaker. I decided a little while back but asked Mike to hold one for me till the PNSO shipment was available. Saved a bit of postage that way. Thanks for the recommendation!

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 16, 2021, 08:23:58 PM
Good choices all around on the PNSOs. And you did end up getting the BotM Styracosaurus! Hope you like the colors better in person than in the photos.

Loon

Great haul. I find that approach to opening figures very helpful. Far too often do I get larger boxes full of models and just open them all at once, it's not very fulfilling in a way. Taking time opening them definitely allows me to "get to know" the figure more.

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist My congratulations on your new acquisition. Do you know the name of the prehistoric amphibian you bought? What material is it made of?

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian My congratulations on your new acquisitions. You already have almost the same PNSO dinosaur news that I have except for the sauropelta. On the other hand, that BoTM styracosaurus must be very pretty. When I have more economic possible I will buy everythingdinosaur without a doubt. I think yours is very smart to open one or two boxes a day, so the illusion lasts for several days. Enjoy them.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Alas I do not have your patience avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian plus I want to open them on a non-work night so I can enjoy them more.

Here is my order from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for posting up the pics of the new models that you recently got from us avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx My congratulations, I emphasize again in this thread for your new acquisitions.

? @Stolpergeist I sincerely believe that you have to take things calmly, the best thing is not to be martyred by what others think. You should calm down. Being angry for two or three days metaphorically that we have during the day, does not pay off psychologically speaking. Take life with philosophy.

Sim

? @Stolpergeist, I think avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor did that accidentally.  I wouldn't take it worse than that.  I imagine avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum would agree.  It's good to have you on the forum.

Libraraptor

What went wrong? I saw that ancient amphibian figure besides the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus and asked ? @Stolpergeist where they got it because I liked it. Did I make a mistake at quoting as avatar_Sim @Sim wrote. I canĀ“t trace it back.

CityRaptor

Yep, you accidently edited their post instead of quoting it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

The forum logs show that avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor modified ? @Stolpergeist's post. avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, did you intend to edit the post?

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 17, 2021, 06:16:57 PM
The forum logs show that avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor modified ? @Stolpergeist's post. avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, did you intend to edit the post?

No. I had intended to quote Stolpergeist in order to ask them where they got the amphibian.  Because I did not want to have so many pictures in my quote , I wanted
to delete three of them. To me it is now obvious that I accidently deleted Stolpergeists complete entry with the wobbly amphibian and did not notice.  Sorry for the inconveniences.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 17, 2021, 06:38:47 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 17, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

No. I had intended to quote Stolpergeist in order to ask him where he got the amphibian.  Because I did not want to have so many pictures in my quote , I wanted
to delete three of them. To me it is now obvious that I accidently deleted Stolpergeists complete entry with the wobbly amphibian and did not notice.  Sorry for the inconveniences.

It happens. I've occasionally modified posts accidentally when I meant to quote them (the quote and modify buttons are righ next to each other). It is easy to do, so be careful, and thanks for apologising. I'm not sure why ? @Stolpergeist subsequently edited their post to read "[deleted]" though, that made it quite difficult to trace what had happened.

FYI, I deleted a few off-topic posts in this thread, which would have been better posted as direct PMs rather that public posts. C:-)

Duna

I went this morning to a nearby city to purchase  hand-in-hand this lovely lot of 1992-93 figures.
This is what I got:

- 14 Danone Official Jurassic Park 1993 hard plastic figures which I have loads of them but I couldn't miss the price, with the plus for a collector like me of two new colors of Triceratops (pure blue and pure greyish blue, instead of the normal color of brown-blue mix), and a brown dilophosaurus (instead of the dark green normal, but not new for me as I already had another brown one).
- A Yolanda Amblin official 1992 triceratops. Yolanda was another spanish company that was bought by another also spanish company called Comansi. They are famous for their action figures (I got the Dinosaucers complete collection). Yolanda/Comansi released in 1989 a lovely retro looking 6 dinosaur collection, but in 1992 they fell into the Jurassic Park wave and released a set of official JP figures. Very faithful to JP style and in association with Coca-Cola, they released a collection of 6 key rings with a very good looking JP logo on one side and the Coca-Cola logo on the back. They also released the same collection without the ring chain and 5 more nicely sculpted figures (spinosaurus, ankylosaurus, dimetrodon, torosaurus and stegosaurus), another one which was the same figures but with monochrome colors and also a set of minis (I only have one so I can't say more about it).
- One 1993 UKRD mini styracosaurus, original paint (1st version). I have four of this little buddy.
- 3 "Panini" very soft rubber miniatures: triceratops and two stegosaurus. They are the original first figures from the 90s but not from Panini but from a Spanish release in 92-93 in I-don't-know-what-biscuits-but-had-to-be-biscuits. I have only a few figures and some of them have the same colors as Panini (in the Toyblog review) but others don't. Maybe they tried to make them a bit different, but I really don't know. As I have not the whole collection I can't say what all the differences are. I only have three in different colors: dark brown camptosaurus (instead of green), black triceratops (instead of light brown) and brown stegosaurus (instead of purplish).
- A quite ugly Marx allosaurus bootleg (I have another more prettier that this).
- A very nice black stegosaurus from China (unknown brand).

And more Invictas that I'm getting little by little and one by one. Quite hard for me in my country, but surprisingly I found a few here:

I got the Carnegie Maiasaura (it's the only Carnegie I have but I really liked that figure, it looks like a statue), the apatosaurus and one pteranodon from a spanish seller (Snertus). The scelidosaurus and one pteranodon came in one lot from another spanish collector and liopleurodon and plesiosaurus from another one.

The lovely big fellas (my god, I'm sure you can kill someone by throwing such a chunk to his head :D). I'm absolutely in love with them. So heavy and exquisitely sculpted. The other three are also on the way (two from UK and one from Japan).

This two have come from UK:

I'm searching hard to complete both my Spanish collections (when I finally got them completed I'll put some pics here, Yolandas and Miniland are so charming) and the Invictas. I'll keep you updated.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: