News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon That's a very nice lot you got! I also like the MPCs, in addition those colors are cool, too. I'm starting to like the knocks offs, too, I've decided to keep at least one of each one that resembles to the Marx/MPC to tell about them to my children when they grow up more. I'm trying now to get all the Marx figures from all the molds (even if the differences are minimal between some of them) to explain that to my children when they read Jeff's book (which will be my next purchase, I'm so interested).

I don't collect action figures though I would like to. Mostly it's because I would like to collect more and more (I know myself too well) and I have little room to display. I like to have all my figures on display.
But I made an exception with these figures, I knew about them when the promotion was finished, and they started to get coveted too quickly, so it was almost impossible to buy them here, every figure on sale was instantly bought by the time I saw the add. I like the JP Snap Squad, but they are too expensive for me, I really like those little comical action figures. So this Happy Meal Camp Cretaceous figures looked so tempting for me. And I love eggs (I also got recently all AAA babies with eggs). A seller was offering this complete collection (without the boxes and the cards). My little girls are even happier than me, and that's difficult! They have even memorized each color of the eggs and the dinosaur that goes inside them ... :D

Faelrin

avatar_Duna @Duna Congrats on getting all of those. I still would like to hunt down the ones I'm missing at some point this year such as the Baryonyx, Blue, Indominus rex, Parsaurolophus, etc. I have the Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Pteranodon on the way in a package coming from my friend from Germany (I got them through the help of avatar_brettnj @brettnj and had them shipped to my friend in Germany), along with other things (such as the Favorite Cambrian mini set). Hoping to see it soon honestly, by next month maybe. Parcelsapp said it's been in transit for like 54 days now. My friend confirmed it went by boat (and sent by DHL) and I'm aware that can take a long time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Thialfi

Haylee came home! I am mesmerised by her.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is beautiful, congrats on being the first here I think to get that wonderful figure
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 25, 2021, 11:18:55 PM
That is beautiful, congrats on being the first here I think to get that wonderful figure
Thank you! The PNSO 2021 thread has some more pictures and details about her. The model is even better than I expected. The details in the sculpt are amazing and I love the iridescence on the skin - makes the otherwise relatively simple paint work absolute pop!

ITdactyl

Awesome hauls everyone. And I have to say, Haylee is indeed a beautiful figure.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. Those dinosaur eggs are adorable.

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi I repeat my congratulations, that helicoprion is a very cool figure and PNSO is grateful for adding those supports.

Roselaar

This juist in. Humongous and awesome JW figures!:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Those dinosaurs are giants. The physically large, rare and monstrous of an animal is beautiful.

ITdactyl

One! One apatosaurus!
Two apatosaurs... AHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry. 'Couldn't resist.  Looks like Roselaar's building a mini gyrosphere valley.

Gwangi

I don't remember the last time I posted in this thread but I'm pretty excited about this one. Not too many pictures of her floating around here yet, so here's Haylee. More pictures in the PNSO 2021 thread.

Abobo

this blue beauty showed up this day, a truly magnificent figure  :-* :

SidB

It IS striking. But I do believe that the lower jaw is a candidate for repainting so as  to better match the rest of this wonderful piece, I'm puzzled as to why they didn't color-match it better.

Duna

Wow, congrats for that wonderful figure, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi I don't collect big prehistoric fish but this is incredible.  :o

avatar_Abobo @Abobo you are one of the first in the forum to have that beauty, congrats! The paintscheme is out of this world. They have surpased their spinosaurus and it was very good, too.

I have been buying strange things recently, and I couldn't pass this huge rex.  :)) It's one of the most strangest things I've ever got. My husband thinks it's horrible, but I like it very much. The person whom I purchased it from had bought it several years ago at the Musée du Coir et de le Tannerie at Château-Renault (France), a leather museum.
It has a metal skeleton, covered in paper maché and true leather, eyes are made of glass or plastic (I can't tell appart) with plastic teeth (2 are missing). I just can't believe how many hours has taken the artist to make it. The leather wraps perfectly the figure, I looked a bit after it (it was very dry) and now its aspect is better. It stands perfectly on two feet, tail doesn't touch the floor. There are bumps and textures behind the skin so they look like muscles and the ribs. It's a wonderful piece of craftmanship. Very alike figures but a bit less detailed at feet and hands are usually made in India. I may ask the museum about it.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Here are my recent acquisitions too, will open the packages tonight and redo the photo to put on my personal thread
Everything courtesy of Everything Dinosaur except for the books. Thank you so much for holding stuff until the new Safaris came in

The Plesiosaur neck book arrived a couple weeks ago but thought I should share for obvious reasons
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

Another order from before I put myself on dinosaur hold showed up. The tricolor version should be hot on its heels, but this sick version just brings me unending joy. I've always wanted a piece based on the sick triceratops scene, and thanks to Nanmu I finally have one!

SidB

I see why you wanted the trike - very nice indeed.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Abobo @Abobo  I am very happy that you have achieved that coveted figure of carcharodontosaurus is very beautiful.

avatar_Duna @Duna  my congratulations that theropod is a mixture of carnivorous dinosaur and saber-toothed feline has a spectacular mammalian appearance.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations on luxury acquisitions! PNSO parasaurolophus tempts me much and more the outstanding company in everythingdinosaur deal.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  I'm very happy for your new acquisitions, by the way, is the triceratops and its base made of resin or just the base of the sick triceratops?

Faelrin

Congrats to avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi avatar_Abobo @Abobo avatar_Duna @Duna avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx @Carnoking on all the awesome and interesting acquisitions as of late.

My last minute birthday gift:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Congratulations to everyone as well for the great new additions.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Hey, you got the new Cryo! Like you and other users said, I have now been finding the green Sinoceratops at Walmart (picked one up last week, shown below), but with no sign of the Cryolophosaurus. Lucky for me it's not one that I'm looking for.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: