News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SidB

Glad to see that you got your Stegosaurs.

Shonisaurus

avatar_sauroid @sauroid  My congratulations on your new allosaurus your paint job is impeccable.

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren  I congratulate you that yutyrannus is one of the best on the market. I like that feathered tyrannosauroid. Those tyrannosauroids from PNSO rival in beauty with their counterparts (still in project) from David Silva's BoTM.

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego  My congratulations on all your new figures good cast of dinosaurs from PNSO small acquisitions of recent appearance some of them like the stegosaurus honestly are better sculpted and painted than what was commented in some criticisms of DTF members.

EmperorDinobot

It protecc

It attacc

But most importantly...

It prototype

Thialfi

Ohhh you won one? Congratulations!

PrimevalRaptor

Finally managed to visit some stores again (most importantly my local Papo source) and saw the new Schleichs in person, the Mosasaurus still has some charme to me but here's what I truly took this adventure for:

Very glad to finally have the Papo Chilesaurus, I'm still not sure how plausible the pose is given how it rests on it's wrist like that but I just like to imagine it running away from something (which also explains the not-so graceful look. For such a small model there's some really neat details and it looks very dynamic (the spikes on the back are tilted a bit, helps with the illusion of movement) plus the stripes look very nice.

Really a very nice model of an obscure species, would certainly recommend it (and hey, it doesn't take up much space either)
Looking forward to seeing this guy reviewed in the future. :D

Bokisaurus

These guys :D
[]
More pics I my collection thread if you want to see more ;D

EmperorDinobot

Chilesaurus is next on my Papo list.

I'm thinking about opening up a PNSO area somewhere in the park, just don't know where. I'm barely being able to handle the BOTM figures as we speak.

Fembrogon

Another one down - the Sinclair Tyrannosaurus!

These guys aren't exactly cheap, but between the Stego duplicate and all the cavemen this lot seemed like a bargain. I am in LOVE with this T. rex in a way rexes usually don't affect me; it might be my favorite of the set behind the Trachodon. Brontosaurus is now the only Sinclair left for me to gain a copy of, original or otherwise.
...Also, I didn't realize Imperial made cavemen...?

Mellow Stego

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor  man, that chilesaurus looks great!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Libraraptor

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon those Sinclairs make me faint.

CityRaptor

That caveman with the ice cream cone ( yeah, I know, it is supposed to be a torch, but it looks more like an ice cream cone ) looks like a Flintstones character.

Got this cute little fellow a few weeks ago:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor  My congratulations on your chilesaurus is a very good figure and honestly that very rare species of dinosaur is well represented.

B @Bokisaurus  My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Those PNSO dinosaurs are formidable in painting, sculpture, and scientific rigor.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations for those retro figures sincerely continue to fascinate me despite the passage of time.

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor  My compliments, that Doug acrocanthosaurus is lovely.

ceratopsian

An absolutely massive box was left on our doorstep (fortunately set well back from the road!) before 8 this morning.  It was the long-awaited bronze 1:6 statue by PNSO of Thalassodromeus.  Here's some quick phone snaps.

Once I'd managed to drag it out of the two outer cardboard boxes, there was a sturdy packing trunk inside: the PNSO Ankylosaurus stands on it for scale.

The usual sort of certificates/art postcard, and the custom-cut protective foam:

Details on the top of the contents:

Standing proudly on my limestone hearth:

And from the other side, with the CollectA Supreme Caviramus (custom painted by Martin Garratt) to give a sense of scale:

sauroid

that is an exquisite bronze statue avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian congratulations. you must be so proud of it. that's a treasure. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on that truly amazing and unique piece avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I've been waiting to see that fir a while. It doesn't disappoint! That is magnificent 👌 ^-^ :D
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dusty Wren

Oh, man, what a beautiful piece of art, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! Thanks for sharing photos. The sculpting is so expressive, and it really demands attention. How heavy is it?

(Also, if you've posted that lovely Caviramus repaint before, I guess I missed it. It's a gorgeous color scheme for that figure).
Check out my customs thread!

Libraraptor

Wow, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , what an outstanding piece!  Congratulations!

Duna

B @Bokisaurus congrats, those are a beauty! Unfortunately I had to sort out to purchase only 3 PNSO and the tiny Pachycephalosaurus was not one of the chosen. But is very nice.
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Wow, I'm green with envy for those Sinclairs ...
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I almost fainted when I read that the package was LEFT ALONE outside your house! I understand that it's a common practice in some countries but in Spain it wouldn't have lasted even 2 minutes ... Congrats by the way for that piece of art!

Roselaar

Picked these up at my local ToyChamp. So good to see new JW stuff is still reaching my shores. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: