News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: TaranUlas on April 02, 2019, 06:02:19 AM
Yeah, the Spino's massive size (Its about 14 inches long) is something that definitely caught me off guard when I got it. I currently have somewhat joked with some friends that it will serve as my post apocalypse weapon partly due to the tail making a great handle  and partly due to its size.
Initially, I wasn't too impressed by the optics of this piece when I saw the initial release imagery, especially, to my eyes, the strange dark lines on the sail and body. In hand, I've completely changed my mind. First of all, I really like the positioning of the legs, particularly the hind ones, including the detail of the webbing. The size, the tactility of the scalation, including its scope - sweeping from lower body to top of the sail, is magnificent. The apocalyptical aspect doesn't seem so far-fetched - I can visualiize the dark lines as runic symbols, very evocative of some sort of Tolkeinesque dragon. This very unique theropod has a rather dragon-like look to it, like an aquatic Glaurung (Silmarillion).

Lizerd

While I don't have the spinosaurus yet, it does look like it could offer up some amazing photos. The swimming pose looks excellent for take shots in lakes and it's natural patterns make excellent contrast and camouflage. It will look really interesting in Maine.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

SidB

avatar_Lizerd @Lizerd - should be interesting, go for it!

Lizerd

It still will be a while as I'm going in summer, but it's something to look forward to  :))
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

mandosaur

Just found out on Minizoo today that the following have been retired:

1. Gryposaurus
2. Guanlong
3. Nasutoceratops

Don't know how valid this information is on Minizoo, but thought I'd share.

SidB

A bit surprised to see the Nasutosaurus go; admired the hadrosaur, but, I know, they can be a slow sell.

Ceratopsianking

I'm a little disappointed that they're retiring the Gryposaurus, it was
a very unrated figure but it was still a good figure, I'll probably get one
before it becomes hard to find

Jose S.M.

Gryposaurus and Nasutoceratops are among their best figures. This makes me sad and also lessens my hopes for more less flashy ornithopods

terrorchicken

Im glad I  have the grypo and nasuto.
What do you all think of their guanlong ? Id like a guanlong figure but something about the Safari ltd version's hands and feet have always bothered me...

suspsy

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 26, 2019, 12:24:04 AM
Im glad I  have the grypo and nasuto.
What do you all think of their guanlong ? Id like a guanlong figure but something about the Safari ltd version's hands and feet have always bothered me...

I have the Guanlong. It's got its flaws, but I like it regardless. Not like you're going to find a lot of different toys of that particular genus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ceratopsianking

I personally never really liked the Guanlong,hopefully  in the future we will see a better more accurate one

Concavenator

Quite shocked that the Nasutoceratops is being retired  ??? To this date, I think it's one of their best ceratopsian figures.Very happy I have one in my collection.

The retirement of the Guanlong, however, is good news.That could mean the introduction of a new and better version.

Shonisaurus

The prototype of guanlong by Safari was much better than the guanlong that commercializes that brand. I sincerely agree that materialize a guanlong as the initial prototype with the beautiful details of feathers and head for example by Safari.

If the figures that are commercialized of that rare dinosaur were equal or better than those of the prototype that was shown to us years ago surely we would not be questioning that figure. Honestly, a reissue of guanlong would be good news for Safari.

ceratopsian

I sincerely hope that Guanlong's retirement presages a new, improved issue.  I'm not fond of the old version and would be thrilled to have a better, more realistic one.

Faelrin

Sad to see those retired, especially the Gryposaurus and Nasutoceratops. Guess I better try to get those sooner then later.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

thanks... hopefully we will get a new version or a new figure of a similar theropod. I guess we can expect a new ceratopsian and hadrosaur as well. Personally Id love to see another iguanodontid that isn't iguanodon or ouranosaurus.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 27, 2019, 12:35:43 AM
Personally Id love to see another iguanodontid that isn't iguanodon or ouranosaurus.

I agree with this, but Safari doesn't have an Ourano so I would like to see their interpretation of it.

Flaffy

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 27, 2019, 06:27:36 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on May 27, 2019, 12:35:43 AM
Personally Id love to see another iguanodontid that isn't iguanodon or ouranosaurus.

I agree with this, but Safari doesn't have an Ourano so I would like to see their interpretation of it.

I wouldn't mind a new Ourano, the last good one we had was the original Battat, which is quite rare now. And the Battat Terra one isn't going to be released any time soon (we can thank Battat for that). PNSO's mini is average at best.

Would definitely like to see PNSO, CollectA or Safari tackle a brand new Ourano.

Shonisaurus

I would like from Safari a basilosaurus or a pakicetus are prehistoric animals in this case very rare mammals in the toy market if we except the Collecta basilosaurus, the mini Safari and the exceptionally beautiful PNSO.

On the other hand a megazostrodon would be a figure that I would like to make the mark Safari (a primitive mammal of the dinosaur era would be great) although I recognize that it would not be very successful in sales even among the people who are collectors.

terrorchicken

yeah, I do have the Battat ouranosaurus, that's why Id like something else. So I get why you'd all want a new figure, it is a pretty unique iguanodontid.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: