News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on March 20, 2019, 02:05:23 AM
Just got my Allo from Dejankins and totally have to join the chorus of accolades for it. Staggering level of detail, striking coloring that surprised me with its effectiveness and a strong shelf presence for its size. A very small amount paint run-off from the teeth (easily corrected) was the only visible flaw. Comparing the flamboyance of the Papo model with the Safari's high level of accuracy combined with beauty of execution leads me to conclude that this is the best mass-produced model of this genus ever made, surpassing both of the Favorite soft models as well.

Concur.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I commented from the beginning that the Safari allosaurus was the best of all the toy dinosaurs and it was not to flatter Safari, but because he considered it that way.

On the other hand I see better other models of spinosaurus to Safari 2019.

Concavenator

Into closer inspection, I can now affirm that the new Safari Allosaurus is one of my favorite figures in my collection.It's just a real beauty, between the pose and the colors, and the sculpt overall it looks amazing on the shelf.I love it, it looks a lot better in person than in any pics or videos I have seen so far.
I can't stop looking at it for now  :P

Jose S.M.

You people are killing me with anticipation for this Allosaurus! I'll be picking mine later today along with the Stegosaurus and Pteranodon and I'm very excited.

Concavenator

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 20, 2019, 06:30:17 PM
You people are killing me with anticipation for this Allosaurus! I'll be picking mine later today along with the Stegosaurus and Pteranodon and I'm very excited.

All I can say is that you will love it,believe me. :D

Renecito

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 15, 2019, 10:36:25 PM
The part of this exchange that surprises me most is that there are people who watch video reviews without hitting the mute button.

Exactly!!! I always hit it!!!

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

Quote from: Renecito on March 21, 2019, 12:50:51 AM
The part of this exchange that surprises me most is that there are people who watch video reviews without hitting the mute button.

Yup. I also tend to fast forward video reviews. I'll view the figure from different angles, and see how it compares alongside other toys, but I can honestly say that I've never watched an entire review video in my life. And never will.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on March 21, 2019, 01:45:15 AM
Quote from: Renecito on March 21, 2019, 12:50:51 AM

Yup. I also tend to fast forward video reviews. I'll view the figure from different angles, and see how it compares alongside other toys, but I can honestly say that I've never watched an entire review video in my life. And never will.

I'm the same way, I quickly lose interest with video reviews. Where dinosaur toys are concerned I prefer written reviews. Now movie reviews on the other hand, I watch a lot of those.

Faelrin

I was doing some browsing earlier on Safari Ltd's website (for all products), and came across these backgrounds. Are these new at all?

https://store.safariltd.com/collections/full-catalog/products/forest-desert-backdrop-bakku-backgrounds

https://store.safariltd.com/products/beach-island-two-sided-foldable-background-scenery

Seems like they could be very useful for dioramas, reviews, etc. I'll probably pick up the forest one for my Safari Ltd shelf, assuming it fits (should though). They are nearly $30 though, but then again probably from material and size. Edit: Dimensions put it around roughly the size of the Mattel Mosasaurus though, lol.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Cretaceous Crab

One could probably make a decent background with some cardboard and one of the backgrounds commonly available in pet stores for reptiles and aquariums.....for a lot less.

terrorchicken

those are pretty cool!  Ive seen similar backgrounds/diorama sets sold at hobbysearch but those come in separate pieces and you build them up, I don't know how they compare price-wise to this.

Shonisaurus

Miron already commercializes on its web page of www.urzeitshop.de the three dinosaur figures of Safari 2019:

Pteranodon, spinosaurus and stegosaurus. Unfortunately there is still to market the Safari 2019 allosaurus that is perhaps my most awaited figure of Safari 2019.

Dino Scream3232

Seems to be similar to what they did in the USA avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. Those models where available first and the Allosaurus was the last one to be released weeks later.

Shonisaurus

D @Dino Scream3232 Thank you very much for the information. Then we will have to wait a few weeks yet.

mgaguilar

SO EXCITED!!! The Dinosaur Farm in Pasadena just received their Safari shipment and look what came in!
Absolutely fantastic piece avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson!! It's HUGE and such a sculpturally and scientifically beautiful piece. Definitely going to buy many more for my little cousins who are just getting into dinosaurs.
Though they'll have to watch out for those sharp teeth!

Jose S.M.

I didn't realized it was that big! That's very surprising to me (I think I didn't checked its measurements on their site or maybe I forgot about it).

TaranUlas

Yeah, the Spino's massive size (Its about 14 inches long) is something that definitely caught me off guard when I got it. I currently have somewhat joked with some friends that it will serve as my post apocalypse weapon partly due to the tail making a great handle  and partly due to its size.

Shonisaurus

I am very happy that the figure of the Safari spinosaurus is so big, mine comes on the way to urzeitshop.de and I hope to receive it with a bit of luck in the next few days with the pteranodon and stegosaurus of Safari.

Sauropelta

When will the Allsaurus & Pteranodon be added to amazon?
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Halichoeres

They're already on DeJankins, who usually sells them cheaper than Amazon. http://www.dejankins.com/wildsafari
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: