News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irritation

I love these new models so far. The Styracosaurus has the best paint job of any previously made Ceratopsian figure. I was not expecting a Citipati for next year, which feels a bit odd since Safari made the Anzu last year, but it's still is a great figure. The Carnotaurus and the Woolly Rhino are fantastic. The way Safari is revealing their figures is very unique and better than how they did it last year. One youtuber I feel may get new figures is Matthew the dinosaur king.

DragonRider02

Ohhh that Citipati is really pretty! So many colors! Totally a must-have for me! The Styracosaurus paint job is marvelous too though I am happy with my CollectA Styraco so the Safari one wont be on my must-buy list. (At least for now)

I hope that next two are going to be a Pterosaur and a marine reptile!

The only thing that's bothering me-wont the Citipati have problems standing?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 03, 2018, 01:50:50 AM

The only thing that's bothering me-wont the Citipati have problems standing?

I don't know but in the video the feet looked a bit modified (the toes separated a bit, like in the Carnotaurus) to make it stable, hopefully it will work.

The reveal last year was horrible! thye showed a small part that wasn't really showing enough to get an idea of how it looked most times, I preferred the 2016 shadow, with that at least you can have an idea of the pose. But this year we see everything, pose, colors, size. Styracosaurus is a bit bigger than the standard ceratopsians from before, it's still smaller than Triceratops but it's a bit bigger than Pachyrhinosaurus (although Pachy is their smallest in scale I think). Citipati is also bigger than Anzu, probably in length is similar to the Velociraptor.

On the comments of the video one person said to have seen six figures... I've only seen two videos with two figures, I don't know if they made a mistake, or have the figures (didn't checked if the person is a dinosaur figure youtuber) or there's another video around that I haven't seen.

EDIT: the person that made the six figures comment is not a dinosaur figure youtuber.

Lizerd

My guess is that they are hiding something big for last, hopefully.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Takama

Bioniclesaurus has teased what he received for his video on Facebook.

I will not post the photo here.

But all i will say is that one of them looks like a Sauropod

Lizerd

A sauropod??? So I was right  :o
Maybe it is the titanosaur? I had the luck of seeing it in AMNH and if it was a toy, it would look amazing.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/

SidB

The Styraco paint job is definitely a bit of a breakthrough for Safari. It really does justice to Doug Watson's superb sculpt (who else?).I'm reminded of the bold colors on the anticipated but never released Battat Terra repaint of the old Battat Styracosaurus from the 1990's.

The Wooly Rhino is very impressive, surpassing the out-of-production models from Bullyland and Papo, both decent sculpts. Absolutely a must-have for collectors of Pleistocene megafauna. Safari does not disappoint.

amargasaurus cazaui

Styracosaurus  wins figure of the year 2019,  I would like to thank everyone else that submitted a model yada yada....(lights. confetti and another win for Doug Watson) 
One of the best ceratopsians I have seen released yet....I am already trying to order that...the Citipatti is also a serious must have to go with my egg I have....great models
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Faelrin

Alright so I kind of realized the Styracosaurus color scheme is kind of similar to the Iguanodon, but only somewhat. I don't know if it's the striping and/or the white, but I really think both make these figures look so lifelike for how small they are (not to say the others don't, but I feel like these two have a little bit more going on with their color schemes in a really good way).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Well, well, well.

I'm going to be honest: I am slightly disappointed by the Styracosaurus. Not because I think it's in any way a bad figure (only a total fool could ever think that), but because there's been so many ceratopsians from Safari over the years. Obviously, I'm still going to get it.

And how could anyone not be thrilled about a Citipati?

Fingers still crossed for Stegosaurus!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lizerd

Thats a new, in all honesty I do think in some respects you are right and we need more non-ceratopsids. But you are right, a new stego would be cool :D

John

This has been the best three years of releases in a row for me,with first Dimorphodon then Ceratosaurus from CollectA,now Styracosaurus from Safari Ltd.!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

Amazing Styracosaurus.

Looking forward to the Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Maiasaura and Camarasaurus. Fingers crossed.

I've mentioned the Pteranodon elsewhere. It came out gorgeous, especially the crest coloration.

It looks like Maiasaura and Mamenchi are not 2018 (2019) releases.  Maybe next year.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on August 03, 2018, 03:01:51 AM
Well, well, well.

I'm going to be honest: I am slightly disappointed by the Styracosaurus. Not because I think it's in any way a bad figure (only a total fool could ever think that), but because there's been so many ceratopsians from Safari over the years.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing  ;)

We still need Chasmosaurus, Pentaceratops, Protoceratops, Leptoceratops and Kosmoceratops.

Neosodon

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 03, 2018, 04:09:01 AM
Quote from: suspsy on August 03, 2018, 03:01:51 AM
Well, well, well.

I'm going to be honest: I am slightly disappointed by the Styracosaurus. Not because I think it's in any way a bad figure (only a total fool could ever think that), but because there's been so many ceratopsians from Safari over the years.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing  ;)

We still need Chasmosaurus, Pentaceratops, Protoceratops, Leptoceratops and Kosmoceratops.
Safari releases a new ceratopsian every year. It's just what they're good at (or Doug in particular). Although I was hoping for a Centrosaurus I am pleased with a Styracosaurus. My only model of that species is almost 20 years old.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice work Doug! I'll keep buying those ceratopsians as long as you keep sculpting them!

John

I just saw Bioniclesaurus' video and I will say two things:

PRESTOSUCHUS and CAMARASAURUS!!!!

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gwangi

Doug could never sculpt enough ceratopsians for Safari. I look forward to them every year and they're always top of my list. I don't even collect ceratopsians from other companies anymore and if ever they go a year without producing one I would be seriously bummed. Still need Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, Chasmosaurus, and Protoceratops among the other basal forms. Mattel bombed on making a Sinoceratops and hopefully Safari will get on that eventually too.

Toasaurus

Presto its a prestosuchus im sorry i had to say thatlol

Gwangi

Camarasaurus, no words. Just wow. I'm done.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: