News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchoraptor

First time poster here.

Just wanted to chip in and help out with my fellow collectors based in Australia on a few recent sightings:

New allo and nasuto dual attacks spotted in Big W earlier this week. Went in to Target today in hope of finding the elusive Plesiosaurus, but was met with the new battle-damage Proceratosaurus and Gallimimus. Popped into Toy Mate as well and found the fallen Kingdom story packs Owen & Blue and Merc & Stiggy. They were also fully stocked on fallen Kingdom roarivores, and had the fallen Kingdom wave 2 mini action dinos. All of this in the North Sydney area. Still on the lookout for the plesio. Happy hunting!

PhilSauria

Thanks for the heads up, I have found Big W to be a good source of new JW figures more often than not and I will definitely be on the lookout for the Nasutoceratops if it has made it  to these shores!

Not fussed about the Allo though. Not looking good for Target here in the SE suburbs of Melbourne with both of the stores within ten minutes of where we are down to half a shelf of merch, and what is left consists of multiple examples of the same four or five figures that we have seen continually re-ordered every time they seem to restock. How many Stygis and Pteranodons do they think we need?

I have given up on the Plesiosaurus, hoping for an assist from one of the American Forum members come September when it is apparently due for a release there.

PhilSauria

Just on a whim I thought that I'd try to contact Mattel about the lack of service and level of customer satisfaction in some parts of the world so Googled Mattel, found what looked like a likely avenue of access, filled out all of my details in what seemed like pages of forms, carefully composed my message only to find out at the last stage that they do not accept emails outside of the US and Canada! WTF?!!! (Why the Frontiers?) Not happy Mattel!

Anyone know how you get through to these people?

conchoraptor

Quote from: PhilSauria on July 28, 2019, 09:26:52 AM
Just on a whim I thought that I'd try to contact Mattel about the lack of service and level of customer satisfaction in some parts of the world so Googled Mattel, found what looked like a likely avenue of access, filled out all of my details in what seemed like pages of forms, carefully composed my message only to find out at the last stage that they do not accept emails outside of the US and Canada! WTF?!!! (Why the Frontiers?) Not happy Mattel!

Anyone know how you get through to these people?

Damn, that's really annoying. Target was full of the knock-off "Dino" brand dinosaurs, I had to rummage behind them to get to the juicy gallis and the procerato. Plenty of the hatchlings in eggs to go around.

Takama

stargatedalek

I don't want to let this one slip past me like the Parasaurolophus did. If anyone has them locally, I'm interested in buying two Mononykus.

terrorchicken

does anyone know if the blue Battle Damage Savage Strike dilophosaurus is a different sculpt from the Attack Pack and Legacy versions? Do any of them have articulated jaws?

stargatedalek

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 30, 2019, 06:33:26 PM
does anyone know if the blue Battle Damage Savage Strike dilophosaurus is a different sculpt from the Attack Pack and Legacy versions? Do any of them have articulated jaws?
From what I know only the Destructasaurs Dilo has an articulated jaw, the AP one definitely didn't.

Faelrin

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken The purple Savage Strike Dilophosaurus has an articulated jaw and is a repaint of the canceled squirting Legacy one. There is no Battle Damage one yet (maybe some day).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Dual Attack figures have begun showing up at TRU here in Ottawa. No Roarivore repaints or small figures yet.

Having seen more images of the Mononykus, I have to say that, while it's nice to finally have a feathered dinosaur in the JW line, it's still a pretty lame one. Ranks right down there with the Velociraptors Schleich was releasing a few years ago.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on July 30, 2019, 09:25:07 PM
Dual Attack figures have begun showing up at TRU here in Ottawa. No Roarivore repaints or small figures yet.

Having seen more images of the Mononykus, I have to say that, while it's nice to finally have a feathered dinosaur in the JW line, it's still a pretty lame one. Ranks right down there with the Velociraptors Schleich was releasing a few years ago.

I have to agree, though I'll still be getting it, the fact that it is an alvarezsaurid is the main selling point for me.

stargatedalek

I rather like its design. Feathering aside, the colourscheme is interesting and the species choice alone is a very different direction for the franchise. It's also film accurate, so Mattel can't really be blamed for the feathering decision.

The Schleich raptors have more feathers and look less real. They look like particularly bad raptors to begin with just with wet mops plastered to their backs. This has believable (not perfect) proportions which already makes it significantly more accurate even if it was completely bald. And the way the feathers attach, even though they are only included as accents, looks far more natural and is actually blended into the overall design with some semblance of effort.

Faelrin

There's always the BotM Mononykus for a more accurate one (minus the color scheme probably), but it is nice to have another figure of this genus being released. I also like how faithful it is to the ones in the manor in FK. I'm still behind on the Mussaurus and Proceratosaurus but perhaps I can order those online with this and Echo, once they show up.

Now that this next batch of Attack Packs are starting to show up I wonder if there is another wave of Savage Strike and Dual Attacks on their way. Though other then the grey Triceratops (and brown/tan one seen at SDCC) and the SS Plesiosaurus (and Amargasaurus) there hasn't been anything else shown yet, other then what was in the app (which I have below):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

PhilSauria

That looks very impressive!! I'm envious.

I tend to see these more as movie memorabilia than paleo / museum pieces - but either way that is one big piece of plastic that would dominate anyone's collection and really turn heads!

Don't know if there's an outside chance of this one turning up over here (we seem to get more Raptors than anything else) but if it did I think I'd probably try to get hold of one. Thanks for the images.

Creature

That's impressive. I know they're the same size, but she looks bigger than Rexy. I assume it's the difference in scale; Rexy is still clearly a toy, but Blue is big enough that she almost looks real.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very welcome!

Her box looks to be the same size a Rexy's. She maybe taller though once out and assembled.  The only minor problem think is I wish she was more poseable.  For about 50.00 she's a whole lot of JP/JW goodness.  I can see awesome repaints of her already.

terrorchicken

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek

my bad, I meant the Dino Rivals dilophosaurus not Battle Damage. I hope that olive green orange crested dilophosaurus on the game app gets a figure and uses the articulated jaw sculpt. I just dont like that blue/purple color of the Dino Rivals one.

That Colossal Blue is pretty cool! Is her jaw articulated?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 31, 2019, 06:44:06 PM
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek

my bad, I meant the Dino Rivals dilophosaurus not Battle Damage. I hope that olive green orange crested dilophosaurus on the game app gets a figure and uses the articulated jaw sculpt. I just dont like that blue/purple color of the Dino Rivals one.

That Colossal Blue is pretty cool! Is her jaw articulated?

Yeah top and bottom so she can swallow figures, but honestly the teeth and color aren't as nice so a closed mouth look is better I think. 

MLMjp

I went ahead and I ordered John Hammond...

Saw a post on instagram that said that it will be out of stock soon.

I still have to pay the remaining for a Monsterarts King Ghidorah that I already pre-ordered by paying a small amount...

And in a few days I will be in a place where I would surely buy more stuff.

And the Brachiosaurus is now delayed for Christmas.

What have I done...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: