News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Night Maw, September 30, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Might as well start this one!

Theropods
Troodon
Austroraptor
Australovenator. Megaraptorans need some representation!
Dilophosaurus
Struthiomimus/Ornithomimus/Gallimimus. Any of them would be great.
Albertosaurus/Daspletosaurus/Gorgosaurus. Any of them would also be great.

Ornithopods
Corythosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Muttaburrasaurus
Hypsilophodon

Sauropodomorphs
Brachytrachelopan
Dicraeosaurus
Alamosaurus
Plateosaurus

Marginocephalians
Stegoceras
Centrosaurus
Anchiceratops
Leptoceratops

Pterosaurs
Dsungaripterus
Pterodaustro
Hatzegopteryx
Caviramus

Sea monsters
Globidens
Rhomaleosaurus
Eurhinosaurus
Helicoprion

Beasties
Cotylorhynchus
Moschops
Cynognathus
Lystrosaurus

Megafauna
Arctotherium
Titanus
Toxodon
Dire wolf

What about you? :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

To me sincerely I would like my "namesake" shonisaurus is a figure that should be better represented. On the other hand a mixosaurus on the part of Safari would be an interesting figure.

As regards prehistoric mammals, I understand that a deinotherium, paraceratherium, platybelodon, gomphoterium, glytodon, peltephilus, thylacosmilus, diprotodon, mylodon, eohippus, elasmotherium, aceratherium, barburofelis, eusmilus would be interesting. There are so many prehistoric mammals that I hope that one day they will be released by the great and well-known brands of dinosaur toys!

Reptiles and mammalian reptiles such as moschops, edaphosaurus (to keep the Collecta company), estemmenosuchus (because I wish I did not have a mobile jaw) and which was paired with Collecta, shringasaurus, euparkeria, henodus, placodus, dinogorgon, gorgonops , lycaenops, scuttosaurus (reissued)

Prehistoric amphibians such as mastodonsaurus (which replaces that of Bullyland) and diplocaulus.

Dinosaurs I prefer the daspletosaurus, albertosaurus, alioramus, gorgosaurus, tarbosaurus, kentrosaurus (on a larger scale), chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops, anchiceratops, torosaurus, rubeosaurus (although I believe that this ceraptoside does not do so with the release of styracosaurus this year), albertoceratops , xenoceratops, albertoceratops, protoceratops (that is one of my favorites), monoclonius, carcharodontosaurus, protoceratosaurus, euplocephalus, borealopelta, struthiosaurus, ampelosaurus, rapetosaurus, argentinosaurus, rebbachisaurus, giraffatitan, yutyrannus, mononykus, rajasaurus, indosuchus, mei long, yi qi , saurophaganax, nodosaurius, edmontonia, edmontosaurus, megalosaurus, neovenator, baryonyx, gigantoraptor, therizinosaurus, yangchuanosaurus, sinraptor, saurolophus (which compete with the untouchable saurolophus for me), corythosaurus, compsognathus, prosaurolophus, saichania, gargoyleosaurus, tyrannotitan, dakotaraptor . In short, the list is endless.

Invertebrates (my preference animals of the Burgess Shale) I prefer invertebrate animals obscure.

Pterosaurus and other prehistoric animals: megalania, titanoboa, ptedodaustro, dsungaripterus, nemicolopterus, thalassodromeus sethi.

Prehistoric crocodiles: purussaurus, sarcosuchus or deinosuchus.

I think maybe one of the prehistoric animals mentioned will be done by Safari.

postsaurischian

Quote from: suspsy on November 15, 2018, 01:05:55 AM

To me these Hopes and Dreams threads are just useless.

tanystropheus

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 15, 2018, 09:01:49 AM

I think they sometimes influence sculptors. I would like to imagine that Eofauna made a Giga after all the requests on the forum...but then again, they already had a mural with a Giga on it.

Shonisaurus

There is a saying that "against the vice of asking is the virtue of not giving" true that logically each brand will produce the prehistoric animal it deems appropriate but it is also true that if you do not give any idea to the companies, in this case Safari (who may be reading us) will never know our tastes.

There is another saying that "who does not cry is not breastfed" and for me it is important that dinosaur companies and other prehistoric toy animals know our tastes. I think we can give you some idea what kind of prehistoric animals would be marketable.

suspsy

I feel the same way about many threads here. My solution is to simply ignore them and let other people enjoy what they wish. I'm confident that method will work for you too. :)

Daspletodave

Plateosaurus and Corythosaurus would be great.

Jose S.M.

I want an ornithopod! It's been two years since the Parasaurolophus, it's about time. They can make an updated Corythosaurus or Maisaura to continue the Carnegie line updating trend. If they chose to make a new one, Lambeosaurus is a great choice, Ouranosaurus and Mutaburrasaurus too.
Safari has made great non Mesozoic creatures. The Prestosuchus, Dimetrodon, Inostrancevia, all are great. They should make more and expand to amphibians and fishes.

DinoToyForum

suspsy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 15, 2018, 08:16:29 PM
Duplicate topics merged  C:-)

I had honestly forgotten that another one was started previously. Getting old, I am. :p

Sim

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 15, 2018, 04:57:40 PM
[...]
Safari has made great non Mesozoic creatures. The Prestosuchus, Dimetrodon, Inostrancevia, all are great. They should make more and expand to amphibians and fishes.

Prestosuchus is from the Mesozoic. :)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Sim on November 15, 2018, 10:45:15 PM
[...]

Prestosuchus is from the Mesozoic. :)

Oh that's right! I forgot, it's from the triassic Scutosaurus is another one of theirs from the Permian. It would be nice a reissue of the scuto, but since it was discontinued I don't think it will happen soon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Might as well start this one!

Theropods
Troodon  Stenonychosauus
Austroraptor
Australovenator. Megaraptorans need some representation!
Dilophosaurus
Struthiomimus/Ornithomimus/Gallimimus. Any of them would be great.
Albertosaurus/Daspletosaurus/Gorgosaurus. Any of them would also be great.
Fixed it for you.

Also why don't Therapods get split the way Ornithiscians in these sort of lists, therapods are extremely varied.

I want an ornithopod! It's been two years since the Parasaurolophus, it's about time. They can make an updated Corythosaurus or Maisaura to continue the Carnegie line updating trend. If they chose to make a new one, Lambeosaurus is a great choice, Ouranosaurus and Mutaburrasaurus too.
This I agree with, especially the first part. I would like to see more Ornithopods, especially a few medium to large figures. I'm surprised you've not mentioned the magnificent Edmontosaurus regalis, of which the really small figure is being retired.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

It would be interesting to perform prosauropods, for example a reissue of the plateosaurus or other prosauropod like efraasia.

Takama

A 1:50 Scale Brachiosaurus.   

Also a new Dilophosaurus

Shonisaurus

A baryonyx would be a figure that could probably make the mark Safari (reediting the Carnegie baryonyx) is a figure that is becoming very popular in the toy market and is one of the few major companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals that does not have none except Schleich.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I know that there are are too many T.rex toys in the market, but really accurate representations of the king is relatively rare. Most companies go little bit or bitterly with the JP franchise when making T.rex figure. I know that Safari Ltd. has done a marvelous job in making the probably accurate toy representation of T.rex in 2017 which was sculpted by respected Doug Watson and has won the prize by the prehistoric times magazine as the best dinosaur model of the year. After seeing the magnificent representation of that rex figure in terms of anatomical accuracy and aesthetic beauty, I utterly want that they would make a semifeathered (protofeathers) version of the Tyrant Lizard King with firmly accurate skull and with all other anatomic details, just Mr.Watson had done it previously. Please do not add the feathers overtly. We have also seen the evidences of the skin representation of the animal. It would probably grey or dark brownish. Please choose probably accurate and reliable color scheme. I have too much hope from this company after seeing all its figures, though 2019 has given a little bit of disappointment. I want that model to surpass even the 2017 representation of T.rex by the same sculpterer, Mr. Doug Watson, iconic man in creating realistic representations of prehistoric animals.

Please do not add osteoderms as Coelurosaurs in which clade T.rex is included did not have osteoderms at all which is a great mistake made by some model makers.

With the case of lips we have to go through the latest discovery made by Thomas Carr in the D.horneri head design. From that paper the previous hypothesis about lips has been disproven at least in the larger Tyrannosaurs and there are reasons for this. According to Paleontologist Thomas Holtz in tyrannosaurs, particularly the big specialized ones, the roughened, slightly inflated surface of the bones along the edges of the jaw does not resemble the quality of bone in lipped lizards. It does indeed more closely resemble the condition in lipless crocodilians." So don't give lips.

The most important thing is that tyrannosaurs had three sets of horns and wide snout in its face according to Jack Horner. Please add them prominently in the face of the T.rex model going to be made, which(horns) are not prominent in most of it's toy representations. Please use the Daspletosaurus horneri face image as reference when making the accurate T.rex face (the later face should be much heaver and strongly built , I know that.) because it represents the image that tyrannosaurs may have looked in real life.

I do believe that if you can present us this kind of figure it will become the cheapest and will go ahead of all the dinosaur toys. Please present us with such T.rex  figure as soon as possible.

suspsy

I'd certainly snap up a new version of the T. rex with reduced or no feathering. Lips are an ongoing debate and Carr's paper is not the final word on it, so I'd be fine with or without them.

Shonisaurus

I understand that we should also focus on members of the tyrannosaurus rex family such as daspletosaurus, tarbosaurus, gorgosaurus, alioramus, zhuchengtyrannus, alectrosaurus, daspletosaurus or albertosaurus are dinosaurs that are undervalued even though they could be an economic incentive for any dinosaur brand of toy and facts on a scale equal to that of tyrannosaurus rex understand that sales would be insured. With the artistic invoice of Doug Watson the success in Safari would be as I say assured and the sales would increase in Safari or any company.

I do not understand how other members of the tyrannosaurus rex family are so underestimated and do not make sufficiently large and detailed figures of them such as carnotaurus, spinosaurus, baryonyx, giganotosaurus, ceratosaurus or acrocanthosaurus.

They are very undervalued animals and what they said could be a source of economic income for any prehistoric toy animal company among which is Safari.

On the other hand apart from the smilodon there are other saber-toothed felines and fake saber-tooth felines such as the eusmilus, meganthereon, dinofelis, barburofelis, thylacosmilus, which would also be huge profits for a prehistoric toy animal company.

I understand that tyrannosaurus rex (the king of all dinosaurs) and smilodon are emblematic but there are others of the same families as interesting as the ones I mentioned. I do not understand how all these poorly represented or undervalued species are as I have repeated now and I have repeated many times. They would mean juicy economic income from my honest and sincere point of view since in a way they are very similar to the two prehistoric animals mentioned, a child or an adult (father) would hardly notice the difference and would buy them with the same taste as the Tyrannosaurus and the smilodon, that if they were well modeled and in this Doug is one of the best (for me the best) of the paleoartists of prehistoric animals.

postsaurischian

Quote from: suspsy on November 22, 2018, 10:05:41 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Synapsida/status/1065681761198317568?s=19

Yep. That's an elephant-sized dicynodont, people.

Damn.  :o

Isn't it clear now what Safari and Doug Watson should give us in 2020 (in 1:30) :)?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: