News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

ED just drop the next batch on their blog, looks like it's a Bary and a Fuki! :)
Nice models,

suspsy

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2018/11/16/new-collecta-models-2019-part-3.html

Deluxe Baryonyx! Rock on! This will be the definitive version of Walker's heavy claw in my collection! :))

Fukuiraptor! Even cooler! About time someone did a megaraptoran other than Australovenator!  ;D

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DragonRider02

Yes, they finally updated Bary!

And what a massive and intimidating looking Bary it is!
I only wish the colors weren't so similar to their Carno's...

Jose S.M.

Just as I got the Favorite versions of those! The Bary looks pretty impressive, it's bulkier and more menacing than the Favorite one, but doesn't look monstrous like the Papo.

So far this has been a very great year for CollectA so far (I don't know if there are more figures to come or is this the last prehistoric batch?), I find all of their new models attractive and greatly realized. the Top 10 for this year will be a tough competition (and Papo hasn't even shown anything yet)

suspsy

If this was the final reveal, ED probably would have said so. CollectA has released at least one sea monster and one prehistoric mammal in their annual assortment since 2014, so perhaps we'll see those revealed next week.

Shonisaurus

I know that I am repetitive but in this case I must admit that the baryonyx of Collecta 2019 is the best done to date by any toy dinosaur company. It leaves obscured the other paleoartistic representations of the other baryonyx of the rest of toy dinosaur brands.

On the other hand fukuiraptor is a great successful addition to the models of theropod dinosaurs of Collecta. The painting in both figures is accurate (they have abandoned the war paintings on their heads!) And that is to celebrate and is a rather obscure figure in the toy dinosaur market. Those that I know are those of the Favorite company in my case and by the way will make a very good pair with Favorite fukuiraptor. It seems very good that this figure is made to standard scale although I would have liked in Deluxe scale. Anyway the modeling of the figure is beautiful and detailed is to be grateful that Collecta has made this theropod figure so rare and obscure this year and that it will be a good addition to my collection and company for my Fukuiraptor of Favorite.

The spurs of both theropods are made to perfection are sincerely two true works of art.

My congratulations to Matthias Geiger and the rest of the Collecta team.  :)

avatar_suspsy @suspsy By the way, Suspsy, are you sure that Collecta will release a prehistoric marine animal and a prehistoric mammal next week? In my case I would celebrate it, sincerely I will be satisfied with whatever it is since coming from Collecta I know with certainty that they will always make figures of first and outstanding quality.

suspsy

No, I'm not sure, but based on CollectA's history, it's a reasonable prediction. Consider:

2014: Arsinoitherium and Mosasaurus.
2015: Daeodon, Moropus, Smilodon, Pliosaurus, and Temnodontosaurus.
2016: Andrewsarchus and Thalassomedon.
2017: Uintatherium, Basilosaurus, Kronosaurus, and Excalibosaurus.
2018: Gomphotherium and Dunkleosteus. 

Faelrin

Wow I wasn't expecting either of these species. Well done CollectA. I do feel that the angle of the Baryonyx image could have been better, but I'm very glad they've made this species. Would possibly pair well with their Iguanodon from last year. And the Fukuiraptor is an interesting choice too. Definitely not a species that's well represented in the figure market.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PhilSauria

Nice. Both the Fuki and the Bary have been done by Favorite co in the past, but only as exclusives and therefore now hard to find (Damn, I wish I'd been able to order that Bryonyx of theirs this year!). Hard to tell with just the one angle but I still think that the Fave is more naturalistic. Wherever this critter lives is certainly well stocked with fish looking at the girth on it!
Both of the mentioned Barys in my opinion look more like actual animals than the Papo, just saying.
Looks like a decent size too, at 26cm, the Fuki it seems is not so big, at a tidy 14 cm or so.
Hope there are more to come from Collecta, I for one wouldn't mind a new marine reptile, seems like it's been a while since we had one of those, and I don't count the Mattel Mosa in my case 'cause it never made it over here.

ITdactyl

I like the heft on that Baryonyx, and also the creative decision CollectA made for the integument.  This is definitely not a slim and smooth Baryonyx - a refreshing change.

Blade-of-the-Moon

hopefully the production pieces hold up, looking at you  ceratosaurus teeth..

Minmiminime

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 16, 2018, 05:38:00 AM
hopefully the production pieces hold up, looking at you  ceratosaurus teeth..

Same concerns here, I was so excited for that Ceratosaurus...however, I'm cautiously optimistic enough here to be very, very excited  ;D ;D ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

amargasaurus cazaui

unsure myself but shouldn't that raptor be feathered
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ravonium

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 16, 2018, 07:20:35 AM
unsure myself but shouldn't that raptor be feathered

Fukuiraptor is part of the Megaraptora, which is outside of the theropod groups with strong evidence of feathers (i.e it's not a part of Coelurosauria).

Concavenator

The colors of the Baryonyx really suck.Same with the Fukuiraptor (this one's even worse).Last week's Carnotaurus and Edahosaurus had astonishing paint schemes and now these two's colors are so bland.I think CollectA really has to improve their color selection some times.

It's very frustrating because the Baryonyx is a great sculpt,it arguably will be the best Baryonyx when it comes out,but that paint job is really boring.

Shonisaurus

For me, the paint colors of baryonyx and fuleciraptor from Collecta seem more than acceptable to me. With all the respect to the rest of the members of the forum regardless of their conservative colors, I find realistic painting colors and sincerely make the sculptures of both theropods more exceptional and beautiful. On the other hand the baryonyx for me is the best figure ever made of that well-known theropod, the painting colors are elegant in both figures and the sculpture is very good, improving in quality to the previous theropods of this year.

I hope that the promotional photographs of all these prehistoric animals of Collecta 2019 coincide in the real figures and are even better. Many times the promotional photos of dinosaurs differ with regard to sculpture and color with the real sculptures that appear on the market. We hope that the figures of prehistoric animals of the Collecta brand do not differ to the promotional photos.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ITdactyl on November 16, 2018, 05:12:06 AM
I like the heft on that Baryonyx, and also the creative decision CollectA made for the integument.  This is definitely not a slim and smooth Baryonyx - a refreshing change.

Thicc like the Papo with the colors of the Favorite version. Personally, I prefer the Favorite.

Sauropelta

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 16, 2018, 09:42:47 AM
Thicc like the Papo with the colors of the Favorite version. Personally, I prefer the Favorite.

Same. Not sure Bary had spines exposed like that either. Also never head of Fukuiraptor 'till today. Leave to CollectA to make obscure dinos, good job to them. Still prefer if we could remove them from the stands like Favorite co.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

MLMjp

OMG!
Just when I though that this was going to be CollectA´s weakest year that Baryonyx comes and saves the day! Also this means I will not need to go for the Favorite Baryonyx (Sorry Brettnj).
That Baryonyx is a MUST HAVE.
Fukuiraptor is also nice.

suspsy

Just received confirmation from CollectA: next week is the final batch of reveals.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: