News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2019, 12:12:10 AM

I figured it for the photos of the Collecta 2019 catalog. Thanks for the information Renecito!

I'm glad to help you.

Saludos!.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

MoarCrossovers

That Baryonyx seems a tad big for 1:40 scale.

Concavenator

Quote from: Renecito on February 04, 2019, 11:09:53 PM
Great Carno picture. It definitely looks as if they made it to be the Carnegie's partner.

Ikr! The Carnegie Carnotaurus is an amazing piece, one of my all time favorite figures, but I think this new upcoming CollectA version might even be better than Carnegie's effort.

BTW, ED posted a pic of the new Baryonyx on their Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtY2tqNF7Rj/

Shonisaurus

Nice baryonyx is perhaps among the three theropods of this year the best of Collecta followed by the carnotaurus and fukuiraptor.

It reminds me of the baryonyx to an unpainted illustration of Zhao Chuang, it is the first illustration of the book pnso them: age of dinosaurs book. Unfortunately I do not have a photographic machine but the similarity of the photo of the prototype with the illustration of Zhao Chuang of a baryonyx (I presume) is amazing.

Thanks for the link Concavenator.

Ravonium

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on February 05, 2019, 06:56:32 PM
That Baryonyx seems a tad big for 1:40 scale.

I calculated the scale back when the stock image of it was released (based on measurements from ED), and while it's slightly above 1:40 (it's 1:38), it is closer to 1:40 than a good chunk of CollectA's Deluxe '1:40' figures.

tanystropheus

The CollectA Baryonyx is bulky like the Papo version but has the colors of the Favorite.

Minmiminime

I like the Baryonyx a lot and will definitely get it, but again, the jaw mechanism looks retro-fitted and distracting. At least they haven't ruined the teeth this time ;)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Honestly I like in my case more the tight jaws of the Collecta dinosaurs like the feathered tyrannosaurus and ceratosaurus of Collecta 2018 to the articulated and unadjusted mandible of Colmuta's stemmenosuchus. That said I would be interested that at least the jaw of Collecta's 2019 baryonyx be adjusted. I'm not a fan as you know about the articulated jaws but I do not care about the articulated jaws as long as they can be adjusted and do not give in as many toy dinosaur brands do for example theropods and other prehistoric animals (the vast majority fabulous) with articulated jaws that force one because they yield to having these figures with their mouths closed.

DragonRider02

My Caiuajara Just arrived and WOW THIS THING IS JUST BEAUTIFUL! Neither CollectA's stock photo nor my own photos can capture all the pretty colors and details of it!

The whole head is covered in wrinkles and few tiny bumps which weren't very visable on stock image. Also, they actually filled the throat seam with white paint, so it's almost not visable at all(unlike this years Baryonyx)
One thing to note: the fake 'eye' is VERY glossy (glossier than actual eye!) , unlike the rest of the crest's patterns. It looks almost like a very thin foil sticker, so it doesn't feel as natural as rest of paintjob. Also, the fingers on the raised wing seem to be longer and thicker than ones on second wing. It's the only thing I dislike about this figure. Other than that, it's Just Perfect!

Compared to CollectA Dimorphodon. I still need to get Guidraco!

suspsy

Lovely! Where did you get it?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Neosodon

I'm suprised sitting pterosaurs seem to be more popular now. Usually they don't look as impressive that way but with collecta I'd say otherwise.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

DragonRider02

Quote from: suspsy on February 12, 2019, 07:31:17 PM
Lovely! Where did you get it?
From eBay link avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli posted Just one Page ealier.

Shonisaurus

It is a very nice figure, the caiuajara of Collecta, by the way it is bigger than I thought. It is like a mixture of pterosaur and tropical bird (I say this because of the colors of the crest). It is sincerely an example in which it is observed that the scientific accuracy and the detail in a toy figure of dinosaur and in this case of prehistoric animal is not at odds. Magnificent figure of pterosauri, makes a magnificent set with the dimorphodon and also with the guidraco of Collecta.

I never imagined twenty or thirty years ago that pterosaurs as large and detailed as those of Collecta would be made.

PhilSauria

Awesome looking figure! - I'll be placing my order locally as soon as Mini Zoo have it in stock here. Thanks for posing it with one of the other big CollectA Pterosaurs - gives a good idea in regard to its size. Thanks for the images.

ITdactyl

Thanks for sharing the pics avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 .

It is a very nice sculpt.  I've said it's too big for my collection, but the more I see it the more I want it.

CollectA's penchant for flat greyish wings on their pterosaurs is a bit disappointing though.  The "eye" warpaint and the blue throat also seem to clash with the sculpt - a naturally beautiful model with too much makeup comes to mind.  At least it got my creative juices flowing.  'Thinking of ways to make the crest and throat look more natural....

Minmiminime

Ooh, it looks so alive! These pictures really show off the detailing. Thanks, avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 , and congratulations ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Flaffy

Does it have an articulated mouth?

Shonisaurus

Thank you avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02  for sharing these beautiful photographs.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy The caiuajara of Collecta 2019 has an articulated mouth. If you look at the catalog it indicates it. Its mouth is articulated like the dimorphodon and guidraco of the same brand.

ceratopsian

Well that settles it!  The Caiuajara joins my "must have" list.  It's a very well executed model indeed.  Thank you for showing it off, avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: