News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

They're even better than I expected! Congratulations, can't wait to get 'em myself 😁
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

The edaphosaurus, borealopelta and caiuajara of Collecta are much better than the prototypes. The edaphosaurus is much bigger than I imagined and the borealopelta is beautifully painted. The caiuajara Supreme de Collecta is a work of art that perhaps the only thing that hurts is the war painting of the crest. For the rest it is the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals are much better than I imagined. Matthias Geiger has done an outstanding job.

Syndicate Bias

I'm eyeing that Edaphosaurus. Such an underrated animal

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias In total agreement, apart from being an unjustly underestimated prehistoric animal, the edaphosaurus is a species that is well known for its remains and an essential figure from the paleontological point of view and the history of the earth.

Killekor

My opinions about the new releases:

Edaphosaurus: excellent figure. I think that it is their best release of this years line up. I'll certainly get it.

Cajuara: nice figure, although I prefear their dimorphodon.

Boreopelta: I'm personally not interested in it. I find both the sculpt and the color scheme just boring.

Baryonyx: I have to admit that I'm a bit deluded from this figure. Apart from the fact that I don't like the models glued on their bases, I really don't like both the color scheme and the sculpt; which is full of scales, and I usually don't like scaled spinosaur figures. If I'll get a Baryonyx figure it will probably be Mojo's one.

Carnotaurus: when I first saw this figure I didn't like it at all, but when I saw photos from other angles I changed my opinion of it. The promotional photo doesn't give him justice. I still prefear the new Safari one, though.

Cenozoic and Paleozoic Box set: I find it uninteresting.

Fukuivenator: their worst model from years. It's just an orrible figure. It looks like an old green ugly lizard, at least to me.

Elasmotherium: I'm usually not interested in prehistoric mammal figures, but this one impressed me. It's just a beautiful thing, apart from a must have. I really really want it, and I'll certainly get it.

And finally, the blind bags: I saw them recently in a local store, although i didn't get any of them. I find a really good idea to use their minis in this way. Personally I'm not interested in them.

Anyways, a good year for CollectA.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on February 28, 2019, 06:47:58 AM
Wow! Those are fantastic! I'll definitely be getting the Edaphosaurus and Borealopelta at some point! The latter is roughly 1:40-ish, right?

I haven't looked at the size yet to do any checking. Maybe this will help.

Eric the explorer looks like he's stuck in one of those old rubber fins on lizard dino films..lol

Halichoeres

Oh man, looking good. My order should be stateside in a day or two, I'm excited.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Congrats with getting those. They do look really nice. I wonder how that Edaphosaurus is compared to the Papo Dimetrodon, and how that Borealopelta sizes up with Safari Ltd's Sauropelta. Hopefully some day I can pick these both up.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ravonium

Congrats on getting the Borealopelta and the Edaphosaurus  ^-^  Man, I really need to speed up with my acquisitions now  :-[

Shonisaurus

It seems as if Collecta's edaphosaurus had come to life, his realism amazes me. He is an outstanding figure and I can say the same about borealopelta. Two necessary figures in my collection of prehistoric animals I congratulate you, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon

ceratopsian

Thank you avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, that whets my appetite!  As soon as they make it to ED I will be ordering.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2019, 04:59:46 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on February 28, 2019, 06:47:58 AM
Wow! Those are fantastic! I'll definitely be getting the Edaphosaurus and Borealopelta at some point! The latter is roughly 1:40-ish, right?

I haven't looked at the size yet to do any checking. Maybe this will help.

Eric the explorer looks like he's stuck in one of those old rubber fins on lizard dino films..lol

Looks about right to me. Thanks for the pic!
EEEEE!!! I'm so excited for these!

Sauropelta

Looks like borealopelta will scale fairly well with safari Sauropelta & Ankylosaurus. Also colors look better with natural lighting.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Shonisaurus

From what I see, Collecta's edaphosaurus is a rather small figure, perhaps a little larger than its Bullyland counterpart. I honestly expected an edaphosaurus on a larger scale. In all ways it is a very good and realistic figure.

Shonisaurus

SpinoDude review of Collecta's edaphosaurus, I pass the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd0XhIO9LRk

The figure looks very good, very detailed and has almost no flaw, the only one that I do not like is the cloacal organ like a round hole that often repeat much in all its figures of reptiles and prehistoric animals of Collecta. I know it's an artistic license but a more realistic cloacal organ I would have liked. Anyway my score to that figure is 9.99 out of 10 and I do not put it 10 for that detail. Awesome figure.

Neosodon

The paint app is the only issue I have with the otherwise oustanding Edaphosaurus figure. That varies though. As time goes by they may get better at applying it. Or just get tired and more sloppy. Either one but hopfully the prior.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Edaphosaurus and Borealopelta are must-haves. Thank you to all the early birds who have shared reviews and/or images.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I pass a video of Andy dinosaurs on the borealopelta. The figure looks great. It is a fantastic and beautiful figure despite its small size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhCAZm-5mGs

Primeval12

Random question,

All these models looks great but I am having trouble finding them in the US. Any suggestions on where I can find them?

Jose S.M.

I've seen some of the models for 2018 and I think all of the 2017 but they take their time to appear. Same with Papos and they sometimes are overpriced ranging from just a couple dollar to 10+.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: