News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: suspsy on May 26, 2019, 04:09:50 PM
Quote from: mandosaur on May 25, 2019, 09:58:13 PM
Just saw on Minizoo that the following are retired by CollectA, haven't heard of these being retired before until today, any correction to this news would be good:

1. Gigantoraptor (Procon)
2. Hylaeosaurus (Deluxe)
3. Irritator (w/no base)
4. Lexovisaurus
5. Nigersaurus (Deluxe)
6. Nothronycus
7. Pacyrhinosaurus
8. Shunosaurus

Good! Those are all woefully outdated and inferior compared to CollectA's current products. And perhaps we'll get an updated version of one of them in 2020. A Deluxe Gigantoraptor would be swell.
Good to see CollectA is taking out the trash. CollectA has a ways to go with their articulated jaws. They really take away from the sculpts. I was very pleased their new Carnotaurus didn't have a articulated jaw. Would've taken away from that great head sculpt.

DragonRider02

I really, REALLY hope retiring Gigantoraptor means we're getting Deluxe one next year!

terrorchicken

Id too would like a new gigantoraptor and maybe a shunosaurus that's larger than their old one or the Safari ltd version.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 27, 2019, 12:39:04 AM
Id too would like a new gigantoraptor and maybe a shunosaurus that's larger than their old one or the Safari ltd version.

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken The Safari shunosaurus is a magnificent figure but too small. We need a shunosaurus of a more acceptable size sincerely Collecta is one of the most ideal candidates would make a shunosaurus of acceptable quality and size, at least of a size like the nigersaurus or the agustinia of the brand Collecta, although this figure obviously improved.

On the other hand the gigantoraptor is a figure very undervalued by the marks of dinosaurios of toy, having Collecta, the deinocheirus and therizinosaurus now missing that that group completes a gigantoraptor of size Deluxe. Totally agree with you. in both aspects.

terrorchicken

^Id like a shunosaurus the size of the Carnegie saltasaurus.. Not too big but not too small.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 28, 2019, 12:07:23 AM
^Id like a shunosaurus the size of the Carnegie saltasaurus.. Not too big but not too small.

In my case I would prefer a large medium-sized figure for two reasons the shunosaurus is a very rare figure in the toy market and apart from that a very curious sauropod with that spiked tail. The other reason in my case the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general with large or medium large sizes (without being the size of the PNSO ceratosaurus) are for me more attractive figures from my collector's point of view.

Honestly my enthusiasm in the figures of prehistoric animal collecting (whether figures of resin, vinyl, PVC or other material) increases as the figures are of a large size, that I do not really like the figures of giant size huanghetitan and the PVC vinyl chungkingosaurus although I have them in my collection and I like them very much I have to admit that they are huge figures compared to figures of a medium or large size such as Collecta's torvosaurus or the nigersaurus of the same brand. I believe that in the case of the shunosaurus I would like it to be made in a size similar to its amargasaurus from Collecta. Carnegie's saltasaurus is a medium-sized figure that was beautiful but sincerely on a larger scale or if they had made a saltasaurus with a larger or bulky size it would be a more highly detailed figure. Although I would not dislike a shunosaurus of the same size as Carnegie's saltasaurus comparing it with its counterparts of Safari (pretty figure) and Collecta, sincerely in this case fortunately discontinued, it would give a more representative vision of that singular sauropod.

terrorchicken

I dont have much space so I prefer medium to small figures although I do have a few large dinosaurs, mostly sauropods and some of the Jurassic World toys like the T-rex. Shunosaurus was one of the smaller sauropods so I  prefer it to be medium sized,

Jose S.M.

A Shunosaurus of the same size as the Safari Nigersaurus would be nice. I think that's a good size for medium sauropods.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on May 26, 2019, 04:09:50 PM
Quote from: mandosaur on May 25, 2019, 09:58:13 PM
Just saw on Minizoo that the following are retired by CollectA, haven't heard of these being retired before until today, any correction to this news would be good:

1. Gigantoraptor (Procon)
2. Hylaeosaurus (Deluxe)
3. Irritator (w/no base)
4. Lexovisaurus
5. Nigersaurus (Deluxe)
6. Nothronycus
7. Pacyrhinosaurus
8. Shunosaurus

Good! Those are all woefully outdated and inferior compared to CollectA's current products. And perhaps we'll get an updated version of one of them in 2020. A Deluxe Gigantoraptor would be swell.

I really hope they make a new Gigantoraptor that's in-scale with their larger Deinocheirus. It would be cool to display the "Mega-turkey" alongside the "Demon Duck"!  ;D

Shonisaurus

Gothmog the Baryonyx

What do you mean by '(no base)' after Irritator? I thought there was only one Irritator figure, is there a second one with a base like the Ichthyovenator somewhere?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 02, 2019, 11:09:45 PM
What do you mean by '(no base)' after Irritator? I thought there was only one Irritator figure, is there a second one with a base like the Ichthyovenator somewhere?

They've been adding bases to some of their previously base-free figures, I think the Irritator is among them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

japfeif

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 03, 2019, 12:20:57 AM

They've been adding bases to some of their previously base-free figures, I think the Irritator is among them.

Yeah, and in my experience Irritator was just about the worst offended in the "will not stand on its own" department. I actually purchased 3 separate figures and in each case the figure just would not stand (the last one I got DID stand on it's own for about a week, then flopped over). I was quite happy when they finally made the figure with a base. There were 4-5 other problematic-with-standing dinos that were reissued with bases as well.

Shonisaurus

According to the Collecta catalog, there was an irritator with a base for several years and that figure with base is still not commercialized. I do not understand, I would be interested in a base irritator since mine also has sustainability problems.

Concavenator

Has anyone here  got the Baryonyx already?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'll have to keep an eye out for the based Irritator, sounds like an improvement.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Concavenator on June 09, 2019, 11:19:51 PM
There's an eBay seller from South Korea selling it, if that helps?

Concavenator

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 09, 2019, 11:49:38 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on June 09, 2019, 11:19:51 PM
There's an eBay seller from South Korea selling it, if that helps?
Yes, I know, that's why  I wanted to ask, because I clicked on it and apparently 4 have been sold already,and I wanted to ask if any of those was from the forum  ;D

Thanks anyways ;)

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 03, 2019, 12:20:57 AM

Annoyingly, they have still not added a base to the Rajasaurus, which is one of the worst offenders when it comes to not standing on its own.

Hopefully next year!

On another note, I'm surprised that CollectA hasn't taken a cue from Schleich and Papo and begun supplementing their assortments with a repaint or two.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

Quote from: suspsy on June 10, 2019, 12:09:41 AM
On another note, I'm surprised that CollectA hasn't taken a cue from Schleich and Papo and begun supplementing their assortments with a repaint or two.

They have in the past - the deluxe Ankylosaurus and Triceratops. Can't remember if there were any more. Although, yes,  it seems weird they didn't continue with that practice.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: