News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

The Baurusuchus is my favorite, it is awesome! :)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Awesome drawings! I love that Australian Spinosaur!  ;)
I also have plans for a spinosaurid,a Suchomimus.I'll have to do it soon  :)
...Btw,will you draw Suchomimus sometime?  ::)  :)

Zhuchengotyrant

Nice job, I should post my drawings to, I'll do it later, when its finished you should see it!  ^-^
-Zhuchengotyrant

SpartanSquat

Nice job dude! I really like baurusuchus colour pattern

Balaur

Thank you all! I love the Baurusuchus too. I tried to get away from "all crocodilians are dull and boringly coloured" as much as possible. It looks like a tiger to me.

I don't have any intent to draw a Suchomimus or any other spinosaur for a while. Excpet to see a Cycnorhamphus soon with its whacky jaws!

Balaur

Well, it's been an incredibly long time since I posted anything here, and I have two new pictures for you guys.

A very colourful male Scuttellosaurus dances to attract a female.

An Ichthyostega on land.

Yutyrannus

I really like the Ichthyostega :)!

Balaur

Thanks! I am currently working on my special Halloween pictures. I an putting in as much detail as possible, hence why it will take a while. My two Halloweeny pictures are described below.

- An injured dromaeosaur with feathers and quills like those found on Beipiaosaurus. I am trying to create a very creepy atmosphere with this one.
- A "laughing" potoo Anurognathus at night. The potoo look on the Anurognathus was inspired by two adorable drawings of potoo like Anurognathus by Maija Karala on Deviantart.

I also will be doing very specila pictures for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on October 05, 2013, 07:42:59 PM
Thanks! I am currently working on my special Halloween pictures. I an putting in as much detail as possible, hence why it will take a while. My two Halloweeny pictures are described below.

- An injured dromaeosaur with feathers and quills like those found on Beipiaosaurus. I am trying to create a very creepy atmosphere with this one.
- A "laughing" potoo Anurognathus at night. The potoo look on the Anurognathus was inspired by two adorable drawings of potoo like Anurognathus by Maija Karala on Deviantart.

I also will be doing very specila pictures for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. ;)
Awesome! Can't wait :)!

Concavenator

Love the Ichthyostega and the Scuttellosaurus,both are pretty nice!
Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 05, 2013, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: Balaur on October 05, 2013, 07:42:59 PM

Awesome! Can't wait :)!
I'm also excited   :)

Yutyrannus

Also, Balaur, I will also be doing a big project so check out my art thread for more imformation :).

dinoartist

Dude! Loving the dancing Scuttellosaurus! Hope he finds a good mate ;-)
A fluffy rex is not a scary rex until you see the teeth clamping down on you.

Balaur

Quote from: dinoartist on October 07, 2013, 07:25:25 PM
Dude! Loving the dancing Scuttellosaurus! Hope he finds a good mate ;-)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure he found his mate. ;)

Also, I have more news on my Halloween Picture. My dromaeosaur I'm depicting is Austroraptor, and it is very sick, in a very bad way. I am proud to say that this is a zombie dinosaur!

Well sort of, when I post it I'll talk about the parasite that causes its zombie like behaviour.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

And finally, I am presenting you with my very special Halloween picture. My Zombie Austroraptor.

It is a cold Cretaceous night. The wind blows, and sends chills up your spines. You hear something dragging on the ground. A gigantic feathered Austroraptor is dragging its right foot, from which it bleeds. He then collapses, shaking the rocks and making you jump back in fear. You notice six mosquito like insects jumping around and biting him. He froths at the mouth, dropping buckets of orange/red saliva onto the ground. He growls and snarls. He enjoys the insects biting him.

Okay, so what I have here could also be put in the All Yesterdays category. It's time for 'splainen!

So, it all revolves around the insects you see in the picture. They resemble mosquitoes, but they are actually unrelated, and are flightless. They are quite large, a quarter the size of an iPad. They are infected by a parasitic nematode (roundworm). This nematode basically controls the minds of the flies to bite and purposefully infect theropod dinosaurs with the nematode. After that, the dinosaur will stay normal, but the first symptoms appear after three days. The animal will become more tired, extremely briefly become aggressive and snap and shake its wings around for a few seconds at anytime, and be more active at night (nocturnal animals don't because they are more active at night ;) )
It isn't until six days later that it takes full effect. Austroraptor usually hunts fish, and is in swampy environments. It's eyes are usually a deep blue. However, when it takes full effect, they are spending more time away from their environment, and they eyes turn orangish/reddish. However, the violent behaviour is only triggered if the host spots another theropod. They get extremely aggressive, and bite the animal once, before running off. A very violent zombie should kill right? Well, the nematode somehow "controls the mind" of the theropod to not kill its potential host.

So, my halloween picture.

Also, I am taking a break from my Age of... series pictures to work on my WWD Series.

Bonsoir, mon ami.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Thanks! It did take me about a week to finish the picture, but I still need to make sure my idea sounded plausible. Right now it is in the edge of plausibility, but hey, we will never know everything about the past.

Yutyrannus

Also, what happened to that All Yesterdays book you were making? Because I  think this would fit in well :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 24, 2013, 05:11:30 AM
Also, what happened to that All Yesterdays book you were making? Because I  think this would fit in well :).

Life intruded.  ;D

Unfortunentally for me, a lot of things I end up doing don't come to fruition, that All Yesterdays book included. Also, my art from the tume I drew pictures for the book, and my art now, has improved so much, that it would be almost overwhelming. however, there is a chance I can do the book, just a shorter version. After Dinosaur Cove probably.

Sorry to disappoint you. :(

Anyways, I am going to talk about my WWD series (which could probably not be made into a book) now.
I am going to keep my Ornitholestes design. I will also keep my Utahraptor design, until the new skeletal of Utahraptor is released to the public.

Which means I have the following to still do -
Coelophysis male
Coelophysis female
Coelophysis chick
Postosuchus
Placerias
Cynodont
Plateosaurus
Allosaurus
Diplodocus
Stegosaurus
Othnielia
Anurognathus
Brachiosaurus
Cryptoclidus
Ophthalmosaurus
Eustreptospondylus
Perisphinctes
Hybodus
Ornithocheirus Male
Ornithocheirus Female
Tupandactylus Female
Utahraptor (when new material is published)
Polacanthus
Iguanodon
Dakotadon
Pterosaur from episode 4 and 5
Iberomesornis
Leaellynasaura Adult
Leaellynasaura babies (aaaawwww............. ;D )
Muttaburrasaurus
Steropodon
Koolasuchus
Tyrannosaurus Adult
Tyrannosaurus Baby
Ankylosaurus
Edmontosaurus annectedens
Quetzalcoatlus
Torosaurus Adult
Torosaurus Baby
Deinosuchus
Dromaeosaurus (?)

Done -
Didelphodon
Tupandactylus Male
Rhamphorhynchus
Peteinosaurus
Ornitholestes

Balaur

I am preparing my Thanksgiving drawing (gobble, gobble) but I need slight help. I am going to draw a turkey-esque theropod, but which one? It was to be from the US, as Thanksgiving it celebrated in the US.

Also, I have a Leaellynasaura I drew wearing a santa hat (not for Christmas) and it is possibly the most adorable thing ever.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: