News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

I have been doing my pterosaur evolution series, due to be published on Deviantart soon. So, here is what I have so far for it.

HyPtA A (Scleromochlus) - Theropod-esque
HyPtA B - Theroposquirrel-esque
HyPtA C - Cute
HyPtA D - Too Freaken Cute
HyPtA E (Preondactylus) - Ugly Furball!

;D

To be honest, even though I drew it, I am dying looking at HyPtA D right now.

I want to invent names for each of them (except HyPtA A and HyPtA E), so any help in appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Yutyrannus

Cool! Can't help with names though, I am bad at coming up with names.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

I forgot I posted HyPtA B, but I need to redo HyPtA A. It's too shrink wrapped. Anyways, here's HyPtA C and HyPtA D.

HyPtA C

HyPtA D

Balaur

Okay well, the HyPtA D one is not as cute as is originally was. Heres the original.

Yutyrannus

These guys are really cute. The most adorable pterosaur ancestors I've ever seen :))!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 28, 2013, 12:10:38 PM
These guys are really cute. The most adorable pterosaur ancestors I've ever seen :))!

Thanks!

I mean, how can you go wrong with little legs, big eyes, and a dense layer of pycnofibers?

;D

Also I have HyPtA A, B, C, and D in order taped to my closet door, so when I wake up like today
i can see how pterosaur evolution occured. ;)

Balaur

I am working on another detailed picture, not for Thanksgiving, but nonetheless for your enjoinment. ;)

I've been on a "pterosaur high" lately, drawing nothing but pterosaurs the past few days. I have managed to make my first successful sort of 3D looking Istiodactyliid last night, and am working on one of my favourite pterosaurs right now: Sos 2428. It is the only known possibly flightless pterosaur, from the Late Jurassic of North America. It had small wings, a large torso, and the larges pelvis-to-body-ratio of any known pterosaur, all of these impairing its flight capabilities a lot. It is thought to be herbivorous as well.

I am doing a series of drawings, like a storyboard, on Sos 2428, but just now I realized the skeletal I had of the pterosaur was from David Peters.  ???

I need help finding better references for this very obscure pterosaur. Even if this skeletal by David Peters is accurate, I don't know, as he has some crazy and inaccurate theories and I can't trust a single thing he says right now (only pterosaurs, I haven't seen his other stuff of other prehistoric animals). Any other sources on Sos 2428?

Thank you for anyone who looks!

Balaur

Sos 2428, playing with a carrot like plant. I'm not colouring this picture.

Yutyrannus

Cool! Also, more of Smaug is up in my art thread.

Balaur

I have a Sharovipteryx for you.

Concavenator

Balaur

Don't as why, but I've started a blog. And I get to cover what ever I want!

http://pendanticpaleogeek.blogspot.com/

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Balaur

I am jumping onto the 'New Deinocheirus' Bandwagon, so here is my interpretation. TO be coloured soon.

Concavenator

Yutyrannus

Zhuchengotyrant

Nice! Deinocherius is one of my favourites! ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Balaur

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I am working on a book for my cousin on lesser known Mesozoic mammals. This picture is for the book. It is a Repenomamus, not eating a baby dinosaur. I realized after I drew this that their legs actually sprawled. Oops.

Yutyrannus

That one is really awesome! Love the colors!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: