News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel Jurassic World Hopes and Dreams

Started by Takama, September 22, 2019, 06:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Not Specific to any Year. Just thoght i open a thread for toys that you wish Mattel would make with there Jurassic World License for as long as they have it.

Now its very well know that they released a LOT of species so far, with 17 more slated for 2020, and who knows how many for 2021.

The main reason i Concieved this thread is simple

I really REALLY Want Mattel To Make a Utahraptor.   A Big one.   About Rorivore/Dual Attack sized.   I would prefer if they make it look Scaly, with no feathers whatsoever.  And the color scheme of the Original Kenner model.

Other Toys I can come up with are

Corythosaurus.   Maybe someday we will get this species, since they clearly care about makeing ornithopods.   I cant say what type of toy this would be.   But im sure it would be the same size as the Parasaurolophus.

Faelrin

Franchise animals left to do:

From the novels:
-Cearadactylus
-Dryosaurus
-Euoplocephalus
-Hadrosaurus
-Maiasaura
-Othnielia (Nanosaurus)

From the films, viral sites, etc:
-Apatosaurus (released in 2021's Legacy Collection)
-Corythosaurus (released in 2023's Hammond Collection)
-Deinonychus (probably redundant, but why not. They could also base it off the JWE maybe)
-Diplodocus
-Lesothosaurus
-Mamenchisaurus (released in 2023's Legacy Collection)
-Peloroplites
-Segisaurus
-Teratophoneus

Variations:
-JP Parasaurolophus
-JP Velociraptor (released in 2020's Legacy Collection Escape from Isla Nublar Set; released in 2022's Legacy Collection Kitchen Encounter Pack & 2022's Hammond Collection)
-TLW Pteranodon
-JPIII Ankylosaurus (released in 2023's Hammond Collection)
-JPIII Brachiosaurus
-JPIII Parasaurolophus
-JPIII quilled/male Velociraptor (released in 2023's Hammond Collection)
-JW (Savage Strike) Echo (released in 2020's Camp Cretaceous; colors based on CC design)
-FK Carnotaurus (the black and red Kenner Demon like one; released in 2022's Dominion, though on the small side)

I would like to see a Super Colossal Spinosaurus and Mosasaurus eventually as well.

Since the Troodon was revealed ahead of time (and is based off the Telltale game one), I'd like to see it get repainted down the road to look like Jeanie from the live show.

JPOG/JWE animals:
Jurassic:
-Chungkingosaurus
-Gigantspinosaurus (released in 2023's Dino Trackers)
-Huayangosaurus
-Kentrosaurus (released in 2021's Dino Escape; part of CC S4)

Cretaceous:
-Acrocanthosaurus
-Archaeornithomimus
-Carcharodontosaurus (released in 2021's Dino Escape; based on the JWE design)
-Chasmosaurus
-Crichtonosaurus
-Giganotosaurus (released in 2022's Dominion; in Dominion)
-Homalocephale
-Iguanodon (released in 2022's Dominion; in Dominion)
-Muttaburrasaurus
-Nigersaurus
-Nodosaurus (or Borealopelta; Borealopelta released in 2023's Dino Trackers)
-Olorotitan
-Ouranosaurus (released in 2021's Dino Escape; part of CC S3)
-Pentaceratops (released in 2021's Dino Escape; is similar to the JWE design)
-Polacanthus
-Struthiomimus
-Torosaurus
-Tsintaosaurus

Non franchise animals:

Devonian:
-Dunkleosteus

Permian:
-Estemmenosuchus
-Inostrancevia
-Moschops

Triassic:
-Coelophysis
-Ichthyosaurus
-Placerias
-Plateosaurus
-Tanystropheus (released in 2021's Dino Escape)

Jurassic:
-Archaeopteryx
-Guanlong
-Liopleurodon (released in 2022's Dominion)
-Megalosaurus
-Pteradactylus

Cretaceous:
-Anhanguera
-Diabloceratops (released in 2023's Dino Trackers)
-Deinocheirus
-Deinosuchus
-Elasmosaurus (released in 2023's Dino Trackers)
-Kaprosuchus (leaked atm/releasing in 2024)
-Koolasuchus
-Kronosaurus (released in 2023's Dino Trackers)
-Nyctosaurus
-Oviraptor
-Psittacosaurus
-Regaliceratops (released in 2023's Dino Trackers)
-Therizinosaurus (released in 2022's Dominion)
-Utahraptor
-Yutyrannus

Original Post:

Spoiler
I definitely want the rest of the film species, the Apatosaurus, Corythosaurus, and probably unlikely, the Mamenchisaurus. Maybe also the Telltale and/or Live show Troodon. I also want the canceled JPIII raptor to be released and an Ankylosaurus based on the one from JPIII in terms of coloration. I also want Segisaurus unless one of the 2020 species is that.

I want more marine reptiles like Ichthyosaurus, Kronosaurus, etc. Maybe Deinosuchus and/or Kaprosuchus to go with the Sarcosuchus.

Utahraptor is definitely something I want Mattel to make too, but maybe the Amber Collection one will work well as a placeholder for now.

Iguanodon, unless the mystery ornithopod is that one. Ouranosaurus would be cool too.

I'd like them to make Regaliceratops and Diabloceratops, in regards to ceratopsians they could do.

Acrocanthosaurus and Giganotosaurus (unless the 2020 large mystery theropod is them, if not Carcharodontosaurus).

I'd like to see them do an Estemmenosuchus and a gorgonopsid like Kenner did, especially since it seems that they are making a Scutosaurus. Maybe Moschops too. Dunkleosteus too because why not.

I think everything else I would like to see made has been or will be made now.

Edit: Yep Kentrosaurus is a must too. Need a buddy for the Stegosaurus.
[close]

Edit 4/21/21: Crossed off several of these based on reveals, releases, etc.
Edit 12/21/21: Crossed off several more that have listings, or have been released by now. Holding off any potential 2022 stuff until there's official reveals.
Edit 8/19/22: Crossed off a few more that released in 2022's Dominion line, or coming in 2023's Dino Trackers line.
Edit 7/17/23: Crossed a few more of these that have since released, or revealed.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

On board with Corythosaurus, Troodon and Acrocanthosaurus. And yes, an Ankylosaurus with the JP3 colors will be an instant buy.

I think the chances of Apatosaurus happening will depend on the success of the Brachiosaurus.

As for other hopes, the only ones I can think right know would be Kentrosaurus, Oviraptor and Dryosaurus.

Loon

I'd have to disagree, I would prefer Mattel give a potential utahraptor figure feathers. I know Mattel isn't Safari in terms of accuracy; but, it's one thing to make the velociraptors scaley, cuz they look that way canonically, it's another to make a non-film species inaccurate. I'd prefer they at least try to make the non-film species more accurate since these figures are some peoples first exposure to these animals.

As for what I would like, I made a list. I tried to stay within the relatively well-known region that Mattel stays in, as well as avoid any rumored "Primal Attack" species.

Attack Pack
Coelophysis
Oviraptor
Psittacosaurus
Young Triceratops
Young Diplodocus (Lockwood Manor)

Savage Strike   
Chasmosaurus
Kentrosaurus

Roarivores/Dual Attack/Sound Strike
Yutyrannus
Iguanodon
Edmontonia

Other things I'd like to see, but don't think are as likely:
Troodon (Based on the live show; but, it'd probably be an exclusive)
Savage Strike Tanystropheus?
Therizinosaurs (I actually kind of liked the one they canceled)
More aquatic reptiles (Plesiosaurs, Ichthyosaurs, Mosasaurs)
Smaller articulated animals (Compies, Microcraptor?)
More Permian animals (Gorgonopsids, Pareiasaurs)

Takama

I like it when they remake species that Kenner did.

In addtion to Utahraptor,  I think Tanystropheus would be a Cool addtion to there lineup.   I dont know what kind of toy it could be. Maybe Savage Strike as Loon Suggested.

Others i can think of are

Estmetosuchus.  (Savage Strike)
Coelophysis (Attack Pack?)
Ornithosuchus (Savage Strike?)

And maybe Euoplocephalus, since there was a prototype made By Kenner that was never released as a toy.   I would Imagine this to be a Rorivore/Dual attack/Sound Strike Figure.   They clearly are giveing some attention to other armourd dinos, like The Sauropelta and Minimi. Also, it can look VERY diffrent from there Ankylosaurus IF they follow the anatomy of Euoplocephalus Right (Or Better yet, the original Toy)

http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/chaos-effect/prototypes/euoplocephalus/index.htm

Loon

avatar_Takama @Takama I can see a neck lunging gimmick for the tanystropheus, it'd probably have a meaner face than the real animal. Also, I heard the small attack pack Theropods was supposed to be a coelophysis, and I would love an euoplocephalus.

AcroSauroTaurus

Pretty much any species would be great, considering they're open to making obscure species.
Acrocanthosaurus
Diabloceratops
Estemmenosuchus
Ornithocheirus
Deinocheirus
Improved Therizinosaurus
Kentrosaurus
Corythosaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Apatosaurus
Homalocephale
Bajadasaurus
Dsungaripterus
Liopleurodon
Elasmosaurus
Wuerhosaurus
Irritator
Ouranosaurus
Torosaurus
Chasmosaurus
Centrosaurus
Utahraptor
Tanystropheus
Inostrancevia or Lycaenops
Nigersaurus
Camarasaurus
Einiosaurus
Giganotosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, or Mapusaurus
Stenonychosaurus "Troodon"
Deinonychus
Shunosaurus
Kaprosuchus
Among others.
I am the Dinosaur King!

tanystropheus

Jurassic World Dreams and Hopes

I hope that the new Spinosaurus and Brachiosaurus will be available to everyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military status, and most importantly, geographical residence.

Kotori_Sonoda

People are already suggesting Corythosaurus and I'd like that too. It's the first hadrosaur I became familiar with so I'd love to have it in toy form.
I'd also want
-Lambeosaurus
-Nothosaurus
-Crichtonsaurus
-Einiosaurus
-Ouranosaurus
-Shunosaurus
-Saltasaurus
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Takama

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on September 25, 2019, 05:55:12 AM
People are already suggesting Corythosaurus and I'd like that too. It's the first hadrosaur I became familiar with so I'd love to have it in toy form.
I'd also want
-Lambeosaurus
-Nothosaurus
-Crichtonsaurus
-Einiosaurus
-Ouranosaurus
-Shunosaurus
-Saltasaurus

THIS
Mattel needs to do the Dinosaur that is named after the guy who they have to thank for the franchise's Existence.

Even though it  is now Crichtonpelta, I think Mattel could make this as a part of there Savage Strike range, easily.

Faelrin

Yeah come to think of it that one would be one of the most appropriate to make a figure of, at least in regards to the name being a tribute to the man that helped create this franchise in the first place. At least it was used in Jurassic World Evolution.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Appalachiosaurus

Mostly I just want the species in canon that Mattel hasn't made yet, so...

Apatosaurus
Corythosaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Deinonychus
Dreadnoughtus
Elaphrosaurus
Euoplocephalus
Hadrosaurus
Hoplitosaurus
Lesothosaurus
Nipponosaurus
Segisaurus
Troodon
Agujaceratops
Diplodocus
Kosmoceratops
Peloroplites
Teratophoneus

Though I'm not really holding my breath for all those Sauropods.

Cretaceous Crab

Here's an idea (Mattel, are you reading this? Hear me out!)...

Make a "Life-Sized" line of some small species are are no larger than a chicken or so, such as...

Compsognathus
Micropachycephalosaurus
Mononykus
Epidexipteryx
Zhongjianosaurus
Mei
Microraptor
Psittacosaurus (smaller species, still would be no larger than the Super Colossal rex)
Yinlong
Yamaceratops
Liaoceratops
Scutellosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus

Loon

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on October 26, 2019, 05:17:46 PM

Make a "Life-Sized" line of some small species are are no larger than a chicken or so, such as...

Compsognathus
Micropachycephalosaurus
Mononykus
Epidexipteryx
Zhongjianosaurus
Mei
Microraptor
Psittacosaurus (smaller species, still would be no larger than the Super Colossal rex)
Yinlong
Yamaceratops
Liaoceratops
Scutellosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus

The only one from that list I could see Mattel doing would be a compsognathus, given it's star power.

On a related note, I saw this Frozen toy at Target and thought Mattel could take some cues from it.

A baby Triceratops with similar features maybe? I think something of the same size, based on the ones from the petting zoo, would work. Definitely seems like it would sell.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Loon on October 26, 2019, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on October 26, 2019, 05:17:46 PM

Compsognathus
Micropachycephalosaurus
Mononykus
Epidexipteryx
Zhongjianosaurus
Mei
Microraptor
Yinlong
Yamaceratops
Liaoceratops
Scutellosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus

The only one from that list I could see Mattel doing would be a compsognathus, given it's star power.

I dunno......they are throwing some fairly obscure species in their 2020 releases, like Segisaurus and Callovosaurus (I'll be honest...I hadn't heard of those before!). Not to mention the Mononykus, Proceratosaurus, Minmi, and Coelurus.

I think with the 2015 film, Hasbro (or whoever) released a baby trike kinda like that. It was made of some textured cloth fabric material. I see them secondhand all the time on Facebook marketplace.

Some of these species would probably be smaller than the SC rex and the Brachiosaurus. They could call it, "InGen's Prehistoric Pets" or something like that. Honestly, Donald Gennaro specifically suggested the idea in the original JP novel: patented InGen dinosaur pets that ate a specific diet made by InGen.

The idea is golden. They have already proven they have nearly cornered the market for namebrand dinosaur toys for kids, they are not stopping and they are not afraid to make obscure species.

GojiraGuy1954

Super colossal Compsognathus
Super colossal Spinosaurus
Super colossal Indominus Rex
Super Colossal Ankylodocus
Attack Pack Coelophysis
Attack Pack Zuniceratops
Attack Pack Struthiomimus
Attack Pack Troodon
Savage Strike Kaprosuchus
Savage Strike Alectrosaurus
Savage Strike Diabloceratops
Savage Strike Dinogorgon
Savage Strike Inostrancevia
Roarivore Juvenile Iguanodon
Roarivore Eustreptospondylus
Roarivore Corythosaurus
Roarivore Pentaceratops
Roarivore Spinoraptor
Mega Dual Attack Daspletosaurus
Mega Dual Attack Iguanodon
Mega Dual Attack Irritator
Mega Dual Attack Stegoceratops
Mega Dual Attack Olorotitan
Crash n' Smash Acrocanthosaurus
Stomp n' Chomp Giganotosaurus
Slash n' Crash Carcharodontosaurus

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Vidusaurus

I think the big ones I'd be holding out for are the film canon ones that have already been mentioned - Apatosaurus, Corythosaurus & Mamenchisaurus. One that I haven't seen mentioned is Pteranodon sternbergi - it showed up for a scene at the end of TLW and would be a decent Attack Pack or Savage Strike toy. Given that they've been making novel canon species in the last couple of years (Mussaurus, Coelurus, apparently Ornitholestes next year), species like Maiasaura, Hadrosaurus, Euoplocephalus and Styracosaurus would be good to see. Other than that, some JWE species with their colour schemes from the game would be great to see, my top picks would be Muttaburrasaurus, Kentrosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Iguanodon, Camarasaurus, Nodosaurus and Gigantspinosaurus.

Loon

Quote from: Vidusaurus on November 02, 2019, 02:47:32 PM
One that I haven't seen mentioned is Pteranodon sternbergi - it showed up for a scene at the end of TLW and would be a decent Attack Pack or Savage Strike toy.
That would be neat, but I don't think Mattel has ever, outside of Velociraptor, had different designs for the same species in their line.

Given that they've been making novel canon species in the last couple of years (Mussaurus, Coelurus, apparently Ornitholestes next year), species like Maiasaura, Hadrosaurus, Euoplocephalus and Styracosaurus would be good to see.
They did make a Styracosaurus:

Vidusaurus

Quote from: Loon on November 02, 2019, 03:36:05 PM
One that I haven't seen mentioned is Pteranodon sternbergi - it showed up for a scene at the end of TLW and would be a decent Attack Pack or Savage Strike toy.
That would be neat, but I don't think Mattel has ever, outside of Velociraptor, had different designs for the same species in their line.
P. sternbergi would be a different species within the same genus.

Given that they've been making novel canon species in the last couple of years (Mussaurus, Coelurus, apparently Ornitholestes next year), species like Maiasaura, Hadrosaurus, Euoplocephalus and Styracosaurus would be good to see.
They did make a Styracosaurus:

[/quote]
Ah thanks, I don't follow the Jurassic World lines as much as I do more accurate lines.

Halichoeres

There's a Rhizodus in the game, so I'm hoping for a Rhizodus toy as well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: