You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Duna's collection (Ikea cabinet and more) "updated feb"

Started by Duna, October 15, 2019, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I heard from him recently. He is not making models any longer.

avatar_Duna @Duna That is a lovely Ambulocetus. I'd love to order one from your source if they would make more.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bokisaurus

Wow, congratulations on those wonderful new additions! 🤣

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Duna on March 03, 2022, 06:10:07 PM
And now the two resin figures I bought from an Italian artist:
A Mastodonsaurus (he had four different paint versions -all of them amazing-). I chose the greenish one. ....

It is beautiful.
I would almost want one for myself, but probably :
- I wouldn't find a shelf with similar statues to put it.
- It resembles so much the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus that I allready have
- The whole deal must be expensive
- Probably it is no longer available anyway ... ( said the Fox about the grapefruits ... ) 

p.s.
Your collection of 3 Painted Invicta Brachs is amazing.
Also the invicta jigsaw puzzle - I saw it here and there - but 300 parts is too nuch for my lazy eyes ...

Duna

Quote from: BlueKronoThat is a lovely Ambulocetus. I'd love to order one from your source if they would make more.
Yes, I've asked and he would make more, no problem. The price is 15€ for you as a friend.

Duna

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 04, 2022, 11:19:07 AM

It is beautiful.
I would almost want one for myself, but probably :
- I wouldn't find a shelf with similar statues to put it.
- It resembles so much the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus that I allready have
- The whole deal must be expensive
- Probably it is no longer available anyway ... ( said the Fox about the grapefruits ... )
The price is nice as the mold is already done. Mastodonsaurus is 15€, he has just sent me a picture of the resin figure unpainted, ready for someone to buy it and he will paint it.
I'll ask him about how to proceed with international orders.

Duna

Here is a figure I've wanted since I saw it for the first time, the I-Toy paraceratherium. It has everything you could desire in a paraceratherium figure, very good sculpt, impressive size and very lifelike eyes. It has a amazing presence. But it cost a bit more over my expenses limit, so it would have to wait, probably forever ... until the oportunity came to buy it second hand at half its price, and I couldn't miss it. It was bought in Everything Dinosaur with its box but without the base. In fact I was almost decided to buy the Collecta 2022 figure, but they are like night and day ... if the Collecta was twice its size, I would think a bit about it, but there were only 15€ in difference between buying the Collecta and this figure, so easy decision.
It's a very good thing the box was included, in perfect condition, but for me it's a problem as I don't have any place to put the super large box. But I would like to, it's a very nice box. Probably I'll ask my parents to keep it for me.

It has been a total success at home: everyone loves it. What a presence in the mammals shelf.
The eyes are very lifelike:

In comparison to the Collecta elasmotherium, one of my most favourite figures. Elasmoterium is one of the few Collecta figures that doesn't look like a toy, but a collector figure.

Bokisaurus

Yay, so glad you got that monster! It's an absolute gorgeous model of this animal and very impressive! It's displayed nicely with the CollectA mammals that are within the similar scale.😃

Shonisaurus

I am glad that you have on your shelves the iToy paraceratherium, perhaps the best figure of prehistoric animal and included dinosaur made by this company and by far the best paraceratherium that exists on the market and that competes with its resin counterparts. My congratulations. You have a high quality collector's item, welcome to the iToy paraceratherium owners club.

Duna

Thank you B @Bokisaurus! Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, too. Yes, I read your opinion on that figure and since that day I wanted to get that figure even more. I'm glad I did. I highly recommend it, I'm sure no one will be disappointed with it.

Concavenator

My goodness, that thing is massive! Congrats!

Quote from: Duna on March 31, 2022, 09:45:05 PM
but there were only 15€ in difference between buying the Collecta and this figure, so easy decision.

How so? From what I've seen on AliExpress, the I-Toy is sold at 90€ and higher, so I imagine it would be noticeably pricier than CollectA's. Where did you get it from?

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on April 01, 2022, 06:37:57 PM
How so? From what I've seen on AliExpress, the I-Toy is sold at 90€ and higher, so I imagine it would be noticeably pricier than CollectA's. Where did you get it from?
From Wallapop, it's rare to find good figures there, but sometimes you can find a PNSO too. Collecta Paraceratherium it's about 30€ which is not too cheap indeed.

Duna

And now a figure I wished to have for a long time. Since I got my first Invicta painted - the triceratops- in June 2021, I knew that I wanted to get them all. They are not as common and as cheap as the monochrome hard plastic versions ... and weren't as resistant to rough play as their predecesors. Well, talking about the material, yes, they are unbreakable and very flexible, but the paint got wear easily.
I was lucky to buy one of the rarest (the Pteranodon) in my country, but for the rest I had to search hard. I thought the marine reptiles were one of the most difficult to get, but in fact the painted Liopleurodon is quite common, I've seen 5 on sale lately. Same on the Plesiosaur. But the ichthyosaurus was in fact of the rarest. I only saw one on sale on Ebay and it was bought in two minutes just before I could get the seller's reply to my request if he would ship it to Spain.
Then a twist of luck came and with the help of japfeif I could get this I saw in a US web that I couldn't buy directly from.

And here is my precious one. It's in very good condition and even with the Nature World original tag by Boley (a company that sold some Invicta painted figures in the US).

Compared to the monochrome hard plastic version. In fact I love the colour of the hard plastic one. It suits perfectly. All Invicta painted figures are made in a soft translucent material that is more appropiate to paint on it, but has the inconvenience of warping, which is very common in most of them, as you can see in the fins of my figure. I'll probably use hot water to correct them.

And with the WWD Toyway Ophthalmosaurus, which is probable one of the best figures of all times. The blue is darker and it's a bit smaller but longer than the Safari Ichthyosaurus. I've just realised I haven't taken pictures with it, I'll do it tomorrow.

Now I'm only missing the painted blue whale ...   :D

TooOldForDinosaurs

What a figure! The Ophthalmosaurus I mean of course  ;) jokes aside, great photographs and lovely figure

ceratopsian

The painted Invicta is so elegant!  So glad you found one.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on your widnefil acquisitions. I had that painted Ichthyosaurus for a short time but it wasn't anywhere near as good condition as that.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition, honestly it is very good to have all the painted versions of Invicta (I don't have them) and of the ichthyosaurus it is one of the most interesting. I see you also have the ophtalmosaurus from WWD, another work of art. You are a very lucky person.

Crackington

It's s beautiful figure avatar_Duna @Duna, well done! I've only seen a painted one in person before, an academic at the university where I work proudly displays one in her office. Their rarity is why I got the recent Safari one as I like the orca style paint job.

Nice to see it with the WWD Ophthalmosaurus too, as remarked on above. They are two of the best icthyosaurs you can get.

Halichoeres

Ooh, that's a very nice pair. I had no idea that Boley had sold Invicta figures, or even that Boley was as old as that. The painted figures were what, the 90s?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Congrats on the painted Ichthyosaurus! I have the painted Lioplurodon and it came with a Boley tag too, which surprised me. Honestly though, I prefer the monochrome Invicta figures. I have the monochrome Ichthyosaurus but not the Lioplurodon.

Bokisaurus

Congratulations on that new addition, very nice. These Invicta models truly are classic and just lovely. :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: