News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko2300

Pre-ordered both Apatos from BBTS. I'll decide which one I like more later.  :))

Can't beat $69.99!

Loon

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 11, 2020, 04:57:16 PM
Pre-ordered both Apatos from BBTS. I'll decide which one I like more later.  :))

Can't beat $69.99!

So, is it confirmed that the human figures don't come with the figures from BBTS?

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on May 11, 2020, 11:35:29 PM

Can't beat $69.99!

So, is it confirmed that the human figures don't come with the figures from BBTS?

Unconfirmed either way, AFAIK... I'm expecting to get the humans with my BBTS orders of the Rex and Spinosaurus, just as I expect to get one with my Dan's order of the Mosasaur.

Darko2300

Can't beat $69.99!

I would assume not until proven otherwise. They aren't listed in the item description. (I could care less about them anyway, so for me it's a win. At almost $30.00 less.)

Over9K

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 12, 2020, 12:22:01 AM

Can't beat $69.99!

I would assume not until proven otherwise. They aren't listed in the item description. (I could care less about them anyway, so for me it's a win. At almost $30.00 less.)

To be fair, Dan's Dinosaurs doesn't mention the human figures in their descriptions of Nanmu products either, and they've always been included.

I don't think the BBTS price indicates an "economy pack" that drops the human figure and the art card. I have a suspicion that the BBTS price reflects a deal between BBTS and Nanmu's Chinese distributor, where BBTS buys a certain number of figures in the current inventory of Sinoceratops, Indoraptor, Carnotaurus and Spinosaurus to get a bulk discount, and part of the deal is a continued discount going forward. BBTS is a large retailer, that can easier afford to invest in a greater inventory of these items than a much smaller retailer, like Dan's can. 

I notice that Dan's has the Rex pre-ordering for just a couple bucks more than BBTS, $71.99 vs $69.99. I'm thinking that Nanmu's distributor offered them the same deal going forward, and on the Rex, a figure likely to be very popular, Dan's took the deal.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I asked Dan on facebook if his came with the figures but didnt get a reply, he may not have seen it. 

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 12, 2020, 04:16:14 AM
I asked Dan on facebook if his came with the figures but didnt get a reply, he may not have seen it.

Every time I've ordered from Dan's I've gotten the human figures.

Over9K

Looks like Mosasaurs are in stock at Dan's, and shipping. Psyched to get mine!

Shonisaurus

Aliexpress has informed me that my mosasaurus is in the process of being shipped. They just told me this morning.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana just sent me this on ebay :

QuoteNew message from: la-na-time-shop Top Rated Seller(1,185Red Star)
Dear customer,
Sorry to bother you.
The Mosasaurus Figure has been in stock now.
But affected by the epidemic, international flights have decreased and shipping fee has increased dramatically.

We recalculated the pre-order price and cannot ship at the previous price as we will lose a lot.
Apologize for the inconvenience.
Would you consider to offer 8 usd for part of the shipping fee difference?
If you would, we will cover most shipping fee to reduce the lost and send you the invoice of $8, we will ship The Mosasaurus Figure to you immediately after payment.
If you wouldn't, we also very understand, we can make a full refund at any time.

In addition, The Mosasaurus Figure is oversized, so we can only ship it by China Post.
Due to the epidemic, the Shipping Time of packages sent to the United States by China Post has been greatly extended, will be delivered about 40 to 50 days after shipping.
If you think the shipping time is unacceptable, we can only suggest that we make a full refund first and you order again after everything is back to normal.
It's a very difficult period now.
Hope your understanding.

Looking forward to your reply.

I asked if we could expect similar for the apatosaurus.   Kinda weird but it says my mosa is at my local post office now, but its probably another "free gift" .

Takama

This is why i would order from Dan or BBTS over these chinese sellers.   

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2020, 02:31:44 AM

Dear customer,
Sorry to bother you.
But affected by the epidemic, international flights have decreased and shipping fee has increased dramatically.

We recalculated the pre-order price and cannot ship at the previous price as we will lose a lot.
If you would, we will cover most shipping fee to reduce the lost and send you the invoice of $8, we will ship The Mosasaurus Figure to you immediately after payment.
If you wouldn't, we also very understand, we can make a full refund at any time.

In addition, The Mosasaurus Figure is oversized, so we can only ship it by China Post.
Due to the epidemic, the Shipping Time of packages sent to the United States by China Post has been greatly extended, will be delivered about 40 to 50 days after shipping.
If you think the shipping time is unacceptable, we can only suggest that we make a full refund first and you order again after everything is back to normal.
Hope your understanding.

I asked if we could expect similar for the apatosaurus.   Kinda weird but it says my mosa is at my local post office now, but its probably another "free gift" .

Huh. Have you bought from this seller before? Are they reliable? And why would one go the eBay Route instead of Dan's Dinosaurs for Nanmu? I'm looking at the Indominus Rex as a B-Day present (to myself - I'm *so* lame), and I'm not really sure what the best option is...  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2020, 02:56:34 AM
This is why i would order from Dan or BBTS over these Chinese sellers.

Never had any problem before. My guess this part of a push to move their eBay clientele to their new website...though shipping rates may have in fact increased, I just don't know.

Dan is about exactly same price regardless.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 14, 2020, 03:00:07 AM

Dear customer,
Sorry to bother you.

Hope your understanding.

Huh. Have you bought from this seller before? Are they reliable? And why would one go the eBay Route instead of Dan's Dinosaurs for Nanmu? I'm looking at the Indominus Rex as a B-Day present (to myself - I'm *so* lame), and I'm not really sure what the best option is...  :-\

Placed about 8 orders with them so far.  No problems before the pandemic issues.   The easy answer as to why I went that route was value, free shipping, slightly cheaper, better options, like you could order both brown and green T.Rex figures and get the "ghost " one free. 

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2020, 03:07:33 AM

Dear customer,
Sorry to bother you.

Hope your understanding.

Placed about 8 orders with them so far.  No problems before the pandemic issues.   The easy answer as to why I went that route was value, free shipping, slightly cheaper, better options, like you could order both brown and green T.Rex figures and get the "ghost " one free.

Thank you for explaining. That helps quite a bit.  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 14, 2020, 03:09:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2020, 03:07:33 AM

Dear customer,
Sorry to bother you.

Hope your understanding.

Thank you for explaining. That helps quite a bit.  ;)

Quite welcome.  If it helps further, check all your pricing options, I would say if your in the U.S. that BBTS or Dan's is probably your best bet at the moment. If Dan has stock then shipping may be more but you won't have to wait as long either.

Takama

Dan Told me in the past that he Does not Stock the Models in his Shop like Say, a Papo or safari model

you place an order, and he notifys the manufacture in Asia, who then ships it to you. 

avatar_Dan @Dan if you see this, can you clear this up on how this works with you? I know people boght Nanmu models from you (includeing A @Andysdinosaurreviews ) with great sastifaction, when they been scammed, by other sellers.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2020, 04:00:36 AM
Dan Told me in the past that he Does not Stock the Models in his Shop like Say, a Papo or safari model

you place an order, and he notifies the manufacture in Asia, who then ships it to you. 

avatar_Dan @Dan if you see this, can you clear this up on how this works with you? I know people bought Nanmu models from you (includeing A @Andysdinosaurreviews ) with great satisfaction, when they been scammed, by other sellers.

So then according to that, it will still take 40-50 days to receive even from Dan ? If that is the case then there is really not much difference in ordering from Lana or Dan's Dinosaurs.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2020, 04:32:27 AM

you place an order, and he notifies the manufacture in Asia, who then ships it to you. 

avatar_Dan @Dan if you see this, can you clear this up on how this works with you? I know people bought Nanmu models from you (includeing A @Andysdinosaurreviews ) with great satisfaction, when they been scammed, by other sellers.

So then according to that, it will still take 40-50 days to receive even from Dan ? If that is the case then there is really not much difference in ordering from Lana or Dan's Dinosaurs.

https://youtu.be/Gq4nFUnr5_Y?t=1

Andy of Andys dinosaurs Reviews Says they dont takes too long to arrive. according to this video.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2020, 04:46:13 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2020, 04:32:27 AM

https://youtu.be/Gq4nFUnr5_Y?t=1

Andy of Andys dinosaurs Reviews Says they dont takes too long to arrive. according to this video.

looks like that was in january, used be a couple weeks.  now they say 40-50 days.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: