News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Some in-hand photos of the Mosasaurus (credit to: Sarawud Kongkiattiwong on Facebook)

The paint job's definitely not as good as the promos, but that seems to be Nanmu's M.O. Still, the sculpt looks fantastic, definitely excited. Hope mine ships soon.

A sneak peak of the Ankylosaurus' color scheme:

Carnoking

I was planning to pre-order that Mosa, but now... oh boy, I'm glad I held off, that paint job is horrendously plain. Has me nervous for the upcoming apatosaurus and Rexes as well. I personally only own one Nanmu figure (the carnotaurus) and, yeah the paint is certainly not as good as the promo images, but this feels like a significant dip from promo to final product.

Shonisaurus

Nanmu Studio's mosasaurus loses with the actual color scheme. Anyway he is on his way to my home. Honestly this is going to be the last figure of Nanmu Studio, the tyrannosaurus and apatosaurus of Nanmu for reasons of space and price I am not going to buy them with all the pain that this causes me but that does not mean that I celebrate that DTF members buy those two pretty figures. But what the Nanmu mosasaurus said is not what I expected but I still like it. Perhaps it is one of my last bought figures of that brand and even of the dinosaur toy figures, I really like prehistoric animals and in this case dinosaurs but Nanmu with its excessive commercialization of prehistoric figures is totally excessive.

On the other hand, the Nanmu ankylosaurus at first glance looks good, a JP / JW figure but it is an over-represented dinosaur in the toy / collecting dinosaur market and I can say the same for the tyrannosaurus rex and the apatosaurus.

Over9K

Hard to get a decent read on that paint job, IMO with zero care taken to light the figure. It's literally just under an overharsh, overhead, possibly fluorescent interior light. The photo appears to simply be taken by pointing a mobile phone at the figure sitting on a kitchen table, without giving any thought to trying to show the highlights or nuances in the paint app. Hardly a fair representation by which to judge the quality in the paint app, or lack thereof.

Over9K

BTW... isn't that the Desert coloration on that Nanmu Spinosaurus in that Mosasaur photo?

Takama

I think that Ankylosaurus is based off the JP3 version

DinoObsessed

I have a question is nanmu statue or pvc?

Takama

Quote from: DinoObsessed on May 14, 2020, 11:37:51 PM
I have a question is nanmu statue or pvc?

There mostly PVC like Papo and Rebor

DinoObsessed

Too bad i got the w dragon one because its statue.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eh color isn't a huge issue for me and it could be the lighting here.   To be fair it's not like the film version had the most exciting color pallet anyway.

Heard some more from Lanatome shop.  Just going to quote what they told me via message.

QuoteDear customer,
Sorry for our late response.
We have received your request and made a full refund. Have you received it?And did you get the little gift we sent you?If not, we suggest you use a tracking number to contact your local post office.

As the shipping time(About 40 to 50 days) of China Post is too long at present, we've been trying to find other faster and safer carriers to send packages to the United States these days, and until today we've made progress, we plan to send bulk items to the United States by sea, which will take about 40 days to reach the United States. After arriving in the United States, the figure will be sent directly by our warehouse keeper, which will be faster and safer.

If you have friends who would like to buy Nanmu 1/35 Mosasaurus Figure and are willing to wait for a period of time, you could recommend them to buy it in our store. We can send it to them as soon as Mosasaurus Figures arrive in the United States. Thank you!

We also plan to ship Nanmu Tyrannosaurus Rex Figure and Nanmu Apatosaurus to the United States by sea after the completion of production, which will save a lot of shipping cost, so you won't have to pay the freight difference of Nanmu Tyrannosaurus Rex and we will refund  the shipping difference of Nanmu Apatosaurus if it was paid.

If any questions please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day

I did get the refund and free gift, neat little mosasaur figure.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2020, 10:45:30 PM
I think that Ankylosaurus is based off the JP3 version

I think Ankylosaurus of Nanmu Studio is still based on JW.
The JP3 version has the correct number of toes, and Nanmu gave them four toes for Ankylosaurus. JP3 lacks "shell" compare to JW, and the Nanmu version also has it.
Similarly, although their Stegosaurus appeared to have TLW / JP3 skin, they were also given the same four toes as JW. The sculptor of Nanmu Studio does not seem to be familiar with the difference in appearance between JP and JW, or they deliberately confuse the two.

Raptoralpha

Quote from: Mirroraptor on May 16, 2020, 04:29:12 PM
I think Ankylosaurus of Nanmu Studio is still based on JW.

Indeed, and the colors seem to be a perfect match for the JW version, as you can see here:

Shonisaurus

What I like most about this JP ankylosaurus is its tail with its mallet, it looks like a medieval battering ram. It is very interesting, I honestly like it much more than the counterpart figures of Nanmu tyrannosaurus and apatosaurus that are going to be sold in stock in a few months. For me he is a much more interesting figure although that opinion is totally unpopular.

I would like to see in person a JP ankylosaurus is a pretty pretty unpainted prototype looking at his prototype and also another super interesting figure his wounded / dying ankylosaurus.

Over9K

My Mosasaurus, ordered through Dan's Dinosaurs, has shipped. It is indeed shipping from China, accepted for shipment on the 18th. We shall see how long it takes to reach my door...

Over9K

BTW... it appears the preorder offer to get the clear Tyrannosaur when you preorder both the Brown and the Green rexes has ended...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Over9K on May 19, 2020, 10:22:36 PM
My Mosasaurus, ordered through Dan's Dinosaurs, has shipped. It is indeed shipping from China, accepted for shipment on the 18th. We shall see how long it takes to reach my door...

My mosasaurus has also left China but I guess I will have to wait in my case until mid-end of July. It is a standard shipment and I am aware that it will take a long time, taking into account the restrictions caused by the coronavirus in Spain.

Huskies

Is Nanmu Apatosaurus based on Jurassic World movie or the fossil found? I like the model a lot but I prefer the ones based on the fossils found not based on the movie.

Takama

Quote from: Huskies on May 26, 2020, 02:29:43 AM
Is Nanmu Apatosaurus based on Jurassic World movie or the fossil found? I like the model a lot but I prefer the ones based on the fossils found not based on the movie.

The neck is Based on the Jurassic World model, but the body is based off the Real deal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 26, 2020, 03:26:48 AM
Quote from: Huskies on May 26, 2020, 02:29:43 AM

The neck is Based on the Jurassic World model, but the body is based off the Real deal

neck and head which aren't all that incorrect. maybe just less bulky?

KeU

S @Syndicate Bias
Another one, this time it's Nanmu's turn.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: