News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2021 Hopes and Dreams

Started by stargatedalek, February 22, 2020, 02:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Antey on November 27, 2021, 02:40:14 PM
Returning to the main topic - here on the forum information about the new ceratops flashed, judging by the "spy" photos, this is either a Triceratops or a Torosaurus. I understand that I will incur more curses on myself, but the updated Doyle is what I would like. The new Wilson needs a new rival from Hell Creek. I wouldn't mind dromaeosaurids though.
I think that it's time for PNSO to refresh Doyle. After all, Wilson has gone through several iterations, so it's Doyle's turn, I agree. Hopefully it would be a bit smaller, closer to 1/35, so that it will be a good match for "Winter Wilson".

Sim

I'm curious about what a PNSO Iguanodon would be like.  I've always liked Iguanodon and recently I've been continuously considering getting the newer CollectA Iguanodon which is a lovely figure but it has small things that deter me from getting it.  I hope PNSO would make a great Iguanodon, hopefully as a big figure.

SidB

I'd look forward to an Iguanodon too.

Antey

It would be great if PNSO took an ecosystem approach to figurines. Collectors often arrange a kind of dioramas on the shelves at home. Therefore, Tyrannosaurus rex needs companions from the Hell Creek formation. A new Triceratops on the right scale would be a great solution. It would be nice to add Edmontosaurus to them. Tarbosaurus remained completely alone. Saurolophus, Teresinosaurus, Deinocheirus, and Tarchia would perfectly complement the faunistic complex of the Mongolian Nemegt Formation.
However, I will be glad to receive any information about the upcoming updates. PNSO's silence seems overkill.

Concavenator

Quote from: Antey on November 29, 2021, 06:13:50 PM
It would be great if PNSO took an ecosystem approach to figurines.

That's pretty much what they have been doing. They even released images with different formations featuring the species they were releasing (e.g. Jehol Biota featuring Microraptor and Yutyrannus, Morrison Formation featuring Stegosaurus, Allosaurus and Torvosaurus...).

Quote from: Antey on November 29, 2021, 06:13:50 PMPNSO's silence seems overkill

I'd be hard pressed saying it's an overkill considering how much stuff they have released this year. I have even lost track of how many times I have read that people wanted them to just stop  LoL

Sim

Quote from: Antey on November 29, 2021, 06:13:50 PM
It would be great if PNSO took an ecosystem approach to figurines. Collectors often arrange a kind of dioramas on the shelves at home. Therefore, Tyrannosaurus rex needs companions from the Hell Creek formation. A new Triceratops on the right scale would be a great solution. It would be nice to add Edmontosaurus to them. Tarbosaurus remained completely alone. Saurolophus, Teresinosaurus, Deinocheirus, and Tarchia would perfectly complement the faunistic complex of the Mongolian Nemegt Formation.
Quote from: Concavenator on November 29, 2021, 06:35:16 PM
That's pretty much what they have been doing. They even released images with different formations featuring the species they were releasing (e.g. Jehol Biota featuring Microraptor and Yutyrannus, Morrison Formation featuring Stegosaurus, Allosaurus and Torvosaurus...).

PNSO has already made lots of animals from the Hell Creek Formation: Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Nanotyrannus...  I imagine people will be happy if PNSO adds a Triceratops prorsus, Edmontosaurus annectens and Thescelosaurus to their line though.

I agree it would be good if PNSO made more animals from the Nemegt Formation.  Saurolophus and Deinocheirus are great choices that I know another member has expressed a wish for too.  I would also like a Gallimimus.

PNSO's Pinacosaurus is alone as well, I think it would be great if PNSO made more animals that lived alongside it such as Velociraptor, Linheraptor and Saurornithoides.

As for the Morrison Formation I would like a model of Harpactognathus!  And I know there's interest in Camptosaurus as well, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx has said they don't want PNSO to stop with the ornithiscians until they make it!

One other formation I would like PNSO to focus on is the Solnhofen Formation.  I can just imagine how great PNSO models of Rhamphorhynchus, Archaeopteryx and Scaphognathus would be!  Other species I know would be of interest are Pterodactylus and Anurognathus.

Shonisaurus

I would like PNSO to also make more Asian dinosaurs, especially feathered ones like the guanlong. I really like all dinosaurs, regardless of the continent, and I hope that in this year or the next they will make figures of prehistoric animals from the fauna of Asia and also pterosaurs like the dsungaripterus, I think it may be one of the few companies that can make figures. of that rare pterosaur little represented in the figure of the toy dinosaur.

Antey

PNSO trained us to monthly updates. But a whole month has passed since the last update of the assortment - a set of baby dinosaurs! Any news? What do our Chinese hobby colleagues write?

Antey

By the way, returning to the topic of ecosystems raised above, PNSO has a lot of Campanian ceratopsians and hadrosaurs. And the Campanian theropods are missing! Where are our Daspletosaurus, Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus? Most of all I want Daspletosaurus. as the likely ancestor of the Rex.

SidB

Safari, of course, has recently made a fine Daspletosaurus. But I too wouldn't mind PNSO making one too. It would fit in with their growing collection of Tyrannosaurids.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on December 01, 2021, 04:06:48 PM
Paleofiguras shared a list of rumored releases (emphasis on the word rumored), including a
-Triceratops/Torosaurus
-Centrosaurus (that'd be awesome)
-Styracosaurus
-Acrocanthosaurus (another great choice)
-Sinraptor
-Iguanodon? (I'm not sure, the list read "I'm going to watch" but they shared a PNSO style artwork image of Iguanodon so perhaps that was autocorrect?)
-and Tsintaosaurus (with this one and the triceratops being rumored to be a part of the museum line)

Not a bad list if true! Good mix of welll-represented but always appreciated species in there alongside some under utilized animals.
Credit to avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, originally posted on the 2021 PNSO thread.

Top want(s) out of this list is between the Acrocanthosaurus and Tsintoasaurus.
Lets hope these are true!

Sim

avatar_Antey @Antey, which of the several species of Daspletosaurus do you think is the ancestor of T. rex?

Safari's Daspletosaurus torosus is excellent so I would prefer PNSO made Daspletosaurus horneri, or the unnamed Dinosaur Park Formation Daspletosaurus species, or Gorgosaurus, or Albertosaurus.  Or Xionggaunlong, my favourite tyrannosauroid.  But I think they should prioritise other theropods over tyrannosauroids and allosauroids as they already have a lot from those last two groups.

Mellow Stego

I might of mentioned this before, but I would love to see PNSO tackle pterosaurs.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Antey

Quote from: Sim on December 01, 2021, 08:05:54 PM
avatar_Antey @Antey, which of the several species of Daspletosaurus do you think is the ancestor of T. rex?
it is believed that the probable ancestor of the tyrannosaurus is the daspletosaurus horneri, who lived at the end of the Campanian time.

croco_105

Found this video of a PNSO studio tour.  Some interesting prehistoric mammals among others.   
The video is mainly an interview but the first part shows a brief tour of the studio.
Video here: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nY411s75K?from=search&seid=6831671793150637410&spm_id_from=333.337.0.0

Previously shown (at one of their exhibitions) woolly mammoth

Looks like Stegodon zdanskyi on the bottom shelf

Looks like a Arctodus simus

Sim

Quote from: Mellow Stego on December 03, 2021, 04:02:06 AM
I might of mentioned this before, but I would love to see PNSO tackle pterosaurs.

Same here, particularly Rhamphorhynchus and Scaphognathus!

Quote from: Antey on December 03, 2021, 10:44:19 AM
it is believed that the probable ancestor of the tyrannosaurus is the daspletosaurus horneri, who lived at the end of the Campanian time.

I'd be interested in PNSO making Daspletosaurus horneri.

Shonisaurus

These pictures are good news. At last they are going to make Cenozoic land animals, in this case primitive mammals! I hope they make a paraceratherium one day PNSO that even surpasses its Itoy counterpart, you can be sure that in this case I would empty my bank checkbook and be willing to buy said mammal in an Aliexpress store and even pay high duty tax rates in my nation, such It is the love I have for paraceratherium. I hope some PNSO agent will read my sentence and take note of it. I like and love PNSO, but please hope that all their figures are marketed in continental Europe and in a store in my nation.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Antey on December 03, 2021, 10:44:19 AM
could also be Tarbosaurus, from Asia, since it is a sister taxon to T. rex, and many Asian species crossed over to America during a similar time to rex appearing.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

I wouldn't mind if PNSO had some formation-themed releases. The brochures included with their figures have hinted at Chengjiang and Jehol biota (there are so far a few of the latter), but I'd also like to see the Cleveland Shale. Lots of things there to accompany their Dunkleosteus, like Titanichthys, Heintzichthys, Stethacanthus, Ctenacanthus, Kentuckia, Phoebodus, Selenosteus....
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 04, 2021, 02:06:34 PM
These pictures are good news. At last they are going to make Cenozoic land animals, in this case primitive mammals! I hope they make a paraceratherium one day PNSO that even surpasses its Itoy counterpart, you can be sure that in this case I would empty my bank checkbook and be willing to buy said mammal in an Aliexpress store and even pay high duty tax rates in my nation, such It is the love I have for paraceratherium. I hope some PNSO agent will read my sentence and take note of it. I like and love PNSO, but please hope that all their figures are marketed in continental Europe and in a store in my nation.
I wish that these pictures proved or at least strongly suggested that PNSO was going to produce and release Cenozoic land animals, but I don't believe that we can go that far yet. I think that they simply INDICATE the possibility of their future mass fabrication and the possible intent to do so. Surely market conditions will be pretty determinative, since I doubt that extinct Cenozoic fauna have ever been very profitable, with the exception of a few standbys, such as the Wooly Mammoth and Smilodon. Accordingly, PNSO would have to be turning a really good profit to take a chance on figures that, though of great interest to many of us, didn't have mass appeal and hence profitability. Certainly a line could carry a very few figures of interest to the manufacturer that sold poorly, if the rest of the line was able to comfortably carry these underperformers, but the question is, 'would they'. Companies like Schleich (Diaboloceratops, Saltasaurus) and Safari (Nasutoceratops, Einosaurus, I believe) have dropped great sculpts, rather quickly, that fit into this general category. So, I hoping for these Cenozoics, but I'm not holding my breath.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: