News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Shonisaurus

I have missed a lot during my long summer vacation. Magnificent allosaurus, I congratulate you on your works of paleoart. That allosaurus is extremely realistic and highly scientific. I admire you, you make very well finished drawings.

Stegotyranno420

I hope you had fun my friend. I have a question for you. I use skeletals to make sure they are accurate. I isolate the body, color it, and add extra tissue. I learned this from C.M Koseman. Some of my friends, one is calm and trying to explain nicely, the other, it's extremely rude about it, and when I told him how i learned from Koseman, he said very false things about how I was comparing my self to Koseman.
So I am the one who is in the wrong. I should I make the base from scratch or should I keep doing this. Notice my lateral pictures such as the recent allosaurus are meant to be in a lateral view, whereas my recent muttaburrasaurus is not lateral. Is simply coloring in and adding tissue to the skeletal cheating? Let me know what you all think

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Skeletal drawings exist for palaeoartists to use for making art of extinct animals. You should keep using them. It is not 'cheating to use skeletal drawings for their purpose. Just make sure you credit the creator of the skeletal drawing in future.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 31, 2021, 12:14:17 AM
Just finished this Allosaurus Fragilis

The neck seems a bit wide to me but otherwise its a really nice piece
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Even masters practice by tracing. If nothing else, it's a good way to develop your instincts for proportion.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Thanks guys
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres great point , looking back that did really improve my proportioning

Shonisaurus

I could not answer your answer, I see that your drawings are scientific but in my case I am only a collector and lover of collecting dinosaur figures, not a paleontologist and I do not know how dinosaurs are reconstructed, but I see that your reconstructions are very realistic. The coloring of the dinosaurs in this case will never be known, it is all speculative, except for some dinosaur that we know some indication of how it really was, for examples microraptor, archaeopterxy and borealopelta, the vast majority to say all of the dinosaurs will never know how they were in reality.

Anyway I repeat your art is fantastic keep it up.  :)

Stegotyranno420

Stegosaurus ungulatus sketch
With color
Groelandapsis for avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres
A recently married pair swimming away from a school.
Generic basal Megaraptorid
Stegosaurus Ungulatus based of new Stegosaurus  stenops source material
Speculative Carnivorous Sauropodomorph: It was a large 15 meter terrestrial carnivore, but often swam to support its weight. It did not go extinct, but rather evolved into more covenient forms like Eoraptor
Megalosaurus Bucklandii

Amargasaurus Cazucai

Stegotyranno420

Maiasaura peeblesorum
Shaochilong
Preview(for a good friend of mine ;))

SidB

Shonisaurus

I like your latest paintings, that maiasaura is great and the colors are quite realistic.

SidB

Aha, yes, my gift has arrived, and thank-you! He has a very unnerving fix on me ... hope that he's already had lunch.

Halichoeres

Hey, thanks for the Groenlandaspis! Nice work.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Tyrannosaurus sketch(WIP)
Storm of the Steppes: A large dark figure. He rides a Armoured Mount(Megaloceros), accompied by a Sky Drone(Some sort of bird) and a fearsome Terrestrial Man Catcher. He roamed the wilderness since humans could pass on tales. Villages and farms become nothing but wasteland when this figure and his group of beasts raid them. It is said one feels his presence when they feel their blood freeze. Moments after,  the village is screaming and sounds of gruesome barks and a nightmarish bugle fill the land. From the nomadic groups that rule the steppes, Aryans, Slavs, Scythians, Xiongu, Huns, Kazakhs, Mongols, and similar groups were not affected. It was mainly Euro-Levantine farmers who migrated north experienced the horrid man. They say whenever theirs a massive group who's ruling the steppes, sightings go down, and they completely vanished around the time of Mongol Conquests.

Uzbekistani Carcharodontosaur

Liliensternus liliensterni

Shonisaurus

Magnificent illustrations, especially I like the liliensternus and the carcharodontosaurus. The liliensternus you have left with very well finished colors, that red color on the crest has been implacable. Keep it up.

Stegotyranno420

Thank you everyone
Deinonychus anthiropus

Rugops

Rajasaurus narmadensis

Gorgosaurus Libratus

Stegotyranno420

JPuggy

Stegotyranno420

Thanks
Morning Splash with the Stego. Bros.

I won't be posting here a lot for a long time because of school, and also how it seems like politics is starting to get everywhere in my life, which I want to avoid. So expect a far fewer comments, posts, and replies. But take care my good friends, you guys are the best  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: