News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

Titan from the Land of Silver.
The beast that started it all.
Argentinosaurus huinculensis

Another year, another February 8th, another Argentinosaurus

Stegotyranno420

Pteranodon sternbergi

Stegotyranno420

Jurassic Park Novel Character Analysis for my Advanced English Literature Class

I don't often draw humans, nor cartoons, but it was fun to try something different. The novel and reading it was the best part. I am not completely done yet, but the novel has made me respect the original book and the original trilogy much more, and I think Jurassic Park is starting to become my favorite of the series, and is more structured than Jurassic World. I guess you do become more conservative as you get older  ;)
Sure it may not be accurate now, but it was for the time, and I respect Crichton and Winston for trying their best to be as realistic as possible.

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

New commission sheets.
If I can get just 5 then I will start an Art prints business as well

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 27, 2023, 09:29:01 PM

Working on the new sculpture. Got a few questions.
Any anatomical errors
How/at which stage should i cut the pieces so it could fit in the oven(I know I foolishly made it too big, but I want it to be massive)
Should I just use a larger oven
Is it possible to use a fire place instead.
thank you

I am not the most experienced Sculptor, but first off: What Material are you using for sculpting? I would not use a Fireplace, because it will be quite hard to get the right temperature over a period of time. It could get too hot and then brittle. Especially on the thin parts on the Tail and so on. You would have to cut it multiple times of course. The Tail COULD go in two pieces. Neck could fit as one part. Head also. Body as a whole. Would cut on the Bases of the Neck and the Tail. Later, you can use different fillermaterial to will the gaps and rescuplt the skin on it. Like a Resinmodelkit. But there are way way more experienced People here that also know what Products are available in the US and so on.

If you plan to make a mould of it (Which sounds quite hard to do and also really really expensive in just Materials), this should be considered before i would say. Then, Legs could be made seperately. But if you want a Figure just for you, this is not needed. Depends on how you work and how it goes. My Edmondo changed so much during the Process... well :D

Also, think of possibilities to reattach Tail+Parts and the heavy neck. Some sort of Rods are needed, i guess.

If you are using Sculpey and Super Sculpey, it can get quite heavy. Just my personal Experience. May be completely different for you.

I just use my "normal" oven. Sometimes its Pizza, other Times its Dinosaurparts :D

My Edmonto was made as a whole. The rest also. My smol Pterosaur is made out of greenstuff. Nasty stuff.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Thank you for your response.
I decided to cut it in segments of tail, torso and neck.
The material I am using for the base as follows is aluminium wire, aluminum foil, craftsmart polymer clay, later to be layered with supersculpey, ranging from soft beige to medium.
I am currently repositioning the amrature as the foiling compacted the anatomy and now fails to math the skeletal. After some repositioning and remodeling if should be good to cut, but what worries me is what if the cut is not good, as the segments i should cut out do not overlap with the armature, so proportional reasons. I need something that can make a clean cut through aluminum foil then wire.
I do plan to make a mold if possible, but seperatinh the segments while still maintaining proportions. But it is not of upmost importance. I am now have more financial liberty than my first "attempt", so I can spend some more money on somewhaf expensive materials.

Stegotyranno420

All unfished stuff, but thought I'd share.
My first repaint in a long time, Mojo stegosaurus. Loosely based on cisiopurples Miragaia. It ended up looking more like a battat figure, but J still need to apply a dark wash and dry brush.

Featherless Deinonychus on my phone. Originally made for twitter when deinonychus was trendy, I hve deleted twitter, based on the advice of a very special friend who used to come here on thw forum alot  ;) , as he told me it was best to slowly eliminate social media. I spare instagram, as I still have friends there and there is not as much degenerates there. I wanted to go for a "vulture raptor" trope like i did with my old utahraptor. Drawn on my mobile phone

Finally my Tyrannosaurus, unfinished but with a basketball. It is the longest drawing I ever made, as i am drawing scales individually (yikes). Might need to rework the eyes(yikes^2) and neck, but it looks decent. Based on the previous Tyrannosaurines I made in the past years. Drawn on my Ipad

Stegotyranno420

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Gorgosaurus libratus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 28, 2023, 05:09:04 AMGorgosaurus libratus

That's pretty awesome! Reminds me of the color scheme I did on my Juv. Gorgo

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon haha maybe we can put mine on a sign besides the Gorgosaurus  ;)
Torvosaurus tanneri, I am rather appeased regarding how this one turned out
I am trying a new Image export method, so instead of png, it is now called a TIFF, and is 4 times larger than the usual png (4mb). Let me know if you see anyone increase in picture quality :)

ps://i.postimg.cc/Mp51jp36/5-D598-B05-5517-4230-AB1-D-A10401-B44-F36.png[/img][/url]

Blade-of-the-Moon

might be an idea for the future for sure, perhaps a scene on a banner behind or near it?

Stegotyranno420

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 19, 2021, 10:06:34 PMStyracosaurus Albertensis: This is one of my bests ones in my opinion, but at the same time, it looks pretty wierd and bad. It's complicated. Unfornatuantley I don't have the tutorial, the camera wasn't recording :(

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

Brachiosaurus altithorax

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 03, 2023, 04:46:41 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 19, 2021, 10:06:34 PMStyracosaurus Albertensis: This is one of my bests ones in my opinion, but at the same time, it looks pretty wierd and bad. It's complicated. Unfornatuantley I don't have the tutorial, the camera wasn't recording :(

The improvement is beyond incredible! Amazing work!
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: