News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

First ankylosaur in a long time-Euoplocephalus!
The planning for the sketch actually was the hard part. The paint was finished in 25 minutes.

Halichoeres

Was most of the time spent planning the positions of osteoderms?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 05, 2023, 03:47:11 PMWas most of the time spent planning the positions of osteoderms?
Indeed. You know how in the Renaissance artists used to paint peeled fruit with geometrically impossible proportions? I think for paleoartists drawing thyrephorans with extra osteoderms would be the equivalent  :))

Stegotyranno420

I do apologize for the lack of new images, but I have uploaded the time-lapses to my YouTube account.

Concavenator

Man I just avoid drawing ankylosaurs. Like I don't wanna go through that lol. Nice job on that Euoplocephalus, though depictions of that genus are mostly Scolosaurus instead.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 08:40:42 PMMan I just avoid drawing ankylosaurs. Like I don't wanna go through that lol. Nice job on that Euoplocephalus, though depictions of that genus are mostly Scolosaurus instead.
I like Scolosaurus. I think i said this many times but it was one of the first dinosaurs i knew

Concavenator

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Was it because of that Wii game? I used to have it too. ;D Not sure I can feel nostalgic about it though, as I played it so few. I also had "Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs" for the DS, but the dinosaur game I was most heavy on was Dinosaur King (DS). Basically Pokemon but with dinosaurs instead, it was fun.

Nice vids on the metriacanthosaurids too. They're a good reference for Sketchbook use!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 11:03:42 PMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Was it because of that Wii game? I used to have it too. ;D Not sure I can feel nostalgic about it though, as I played it so few. I also had "Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs" for the DS, but the dinosaur game I was most heavy on was Dinosaur King (DS). Basically Pokemon but with dinosaurs instead, it was fun.

Nice vids on the metriacanthosaurids too. They're a good reference for Sketchbook use!
Yep, the very same. In addition I loved dinosaur king in my carefree days.Yes, i would love to see you base some of your art on the tutorials

Threw together a quick Protathlitis, a new spinosaurid from europe.

Also added lips this time, I am aware spinosaurids are less likely but it is all in free, albeit fragmentary fun

Concavenator

I find it very interesting when artists do "behind the scenes" stuff. Aside from giving some background on the end result, it could be educative to more inexperienced artists. I'm more busy these days, so probably will be a while until I get back to art. Will I get sloppier, or better...? I don't even know myself.  ;D

Good job on that spinosaurid, that scaling is crisp! As an observation, these new european spinosaurids are so fragmentary that I can't help but see them as Baryonyx 1,2...

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Thanks, and I do hope I can see new works. I especially love your technique of drawing traditional and coloring digital.
In addition, I don't actively think they all are not/are Baryonyx but I definitely wouldn't be suprised if they they turn out to be junior synonyms.
But I gotta capitalize on the opportunity to have my drawing make it into a new paleontology video  :))

Concavenator

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Thank you! Also, I'm not sure they're all the same animal as Baryonyx, after all they're theoretically different creatures (since they have papers backing that). But because they're so fragmentary, they're represented exactly like Baryonyx. I mean, it's the right thing to do, I just find it funny. It happens the same with megaraptorids, basically all depictions of them look like they're representing the same creature.

Also, I understand that haha. I also jumped on the Meraxes and Eotyrannus train last summer. It's normal to start seeing a lot of paleoart of a new discovery. My feed has been flooding with Irritator paleoart as of late! ;D

Stegotyranno420

I am here to capitalize on Prehistoric Planet now. I am about an 1 episode behind most, so maybe spoilers are not too worrisome. I also like to modify the deigns a bit for originality.

First is Hatzegopteryx from Islands (which I personally think should had gotten the name Balaur or Zalmoxes, it is far more deserving of such divine identifications).
This was a pain to work with, first drawing in a long that that took 3+ hours. Personally, the end result seems to be a downgrade from last years artworks. I really tried to make a grass chase scene but it is too much for me to do.

TooOldForDinosaurs

You did an amazing job on this one! It looks fabulous.  :)

Stegotyranno420

Thanks avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs

Isisaurus colberti
For episode 2 of season 2. This is probably the second Subcontinent dinosaur I made.
And in true Indian fashion, it had to be named after a statistical institute (data statistics, which is the field I will probably go into)

Stegotyranno420

Mosasaurus Hoffmann for episode 4. I got 3 and 4 mixed up

Stegotyranno420

For episode 3, two attempts at the Tyrannosaur hunt segment, one failed one successful?

I apologize for the hiatus. There will be one last artwork for episode 5, another for episode 2, a collage, and maybe in June a lineup of most of the featured animals in a different artstyle

Stegotyranno420

Episode 5:Triceratops

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

The ultimate piece for the Prehistoric Planet Season 2 Series.
Rajasaurus narmadensis, I felt this species needed it's own piece. While the Prehistoric Planet design is the usual red, which I like, this is probably my favorite and most realistic design of any CGI animal. I wish we got to see much more of the Rajasaurus.
As many of you know, it is amongst my favorite dinosaurs. This painting I made in its honor is probably the largest, 15MB and 23 layers(though most are progress layers, if I deleted those it would be 10 at most).

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 01, 2023, 08:49:43 PMThe ultimate piece for the Prehistoric Planet Season 2 Series.
Rajasaurus narmadensis, I felt this species needed it's own piece. While the Prehistoric Planet design is the usual red, which I like, this is probably my favorite and most realistic design of any CGI animal. I wish we got to see much more of the Rajasaurus.
As many of you know, it is amongst my favorite dinosaurs. This painting I made in its honor is probably the largest, 15MB and 23 layers(though most are progress layers, if I deleted those it would be 10 at most).

this looks genuinely sick! nice work man, the patterns and just generally the work in general feel very natural and well done
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: