News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on November 09, 2012, 05:22:52 PM
I like the para.     It is not in a bibedel pose.    It's walking on all fours.   It looks proportiond enough(small head? Nah it's a ladie) really I havet seen a better para since the newer schilich one and the fuanacasts model.   Also it kicks  CollectAs standard sized one in tlhe @$$

It certainly beats the original CollectA one, but I'll take the Schleich and Faunacasts version over this one any day, I mean to me even the Carnegie Para is better.   We've had nice quadruped Para, the aforementioned Schleich and even the Tamiya model is a great early quadruped hadrosaur..even has some motion to it's sculpt.  I was at least hoping as a Deluxe it would be like the Battat version or something I guess..so I'm a bit disappointed.   

Seijun

Quote from: Takama on November 09, 2012, 02:51:56 PM
Ok,   Is that relly possible for a Diplo?

Ive read that a juvenile might have been able too, but I dont see an adult managing it. They were huge animals, and I can't imagine the tail being able to bend that way without breaking. But you could I guess pose it so that it looks like it is trying to crush a tree, like in the WWD series. That too me seems slightly more believable than a free-standing diplo rearing up.

Also, I probably should have said the rearing pose seems overused in diplos and apatos in particular (other species are usually given the quadraped treatment). I am sure they are only using this pose in an attempt to emulate the battat diplo, which I don't like because I find myself automatically comparing the figure to the battat version (I would rather judge a diplo figure based on its own merits, and not the merits of a predecessor)   :-\

I am curious to see how fat the collecta diplo is. Something that all diplo toys get wrong (except the battat one), is that they make the figure too wide, more like an apato, but diplos were surprisingly slender.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 09, 2012, 09:59:42 AM
Parasaurolophus 1:40

Diplodocus

I am surprised that I am the only one, but I like the Parasaurolophus. I like that it's in a quadrapedal pose, and that unlike most hadrosaur figures it isn't so incredably thin, the new safari Gryposaurus I still like better, but I would definatly get them both.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 09, 2012, 07:24:36 PM
Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 09, 2012, 09:59:42 AM
Parasaurolophus 1:40

Diplodocus

I am surprised that I am the only one, but I like the Parasaurolophus. I like that it's in a quadrapedal pose, and that unlike most hadrosaur figures it isn't so incredably thin, the new safari Gryposaurus I still like better, but I would definatly get them both.

Your not the only one.  And I totally agree with you

Roselaar

Loving the Dipppy, especially the paint job. The head really is tiny which may be correct but just feels off somehow, probably because it's not the way Diplodocus is usually portrayed.
The Para is okay, but nothing really special. As a deluxe figure it appears somewhat underwhelming. Maybe it's the simple paint job. It's not a bad figure, it just lacks the charisma of Collecta's recent deluxe figures.

Ikessauro

Nice models I think, but the Para could have been better. I guess the head is too small, that's my opinion at least. The Dippy is very cool and I hope the final product will wave the same colors with a non sloppy paint job. It's impossible to look at the sauropod without thinking of the Battat Diplo. If it's a big model will be even better.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Pitty it's no de luxe version of the diplo

it's agreat model,,when it was a deluxe version i buy it

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Balaur

The Parasaurolophus is awesome, but the head seems a tad too small. the Diplodicus is not what I excpeted, but it's okay, I'll end up buying them. I can't wait to see the Ankylo and Daspletosaurus!

Gwangi

I'll pass on that para but the diplo is pretty cool, I'll have to get that one eventually.

ZoPteryx

I'm torn on the Para, I like the relaxed pose and the feet are right, but the head seems off (too small? crest not high enough?) and body's color scheme is a bit bland.  I'll hold off until I see more photos.  I wish they had given the head different colors too, this reminds me too much of this years Deinocheirus.

The Diplo on the other hand is great!  I think the neck could actually be a tad bit longer and the front limbs look a little funny, but I think those may just be due to the photo.  Overall, a big thumbs up for this one!

So, just the Daspleto and Pachy left.  Hopefully they've saved the best for last! :))

Himmapaan

Quote from: Zopteryx on November 09, 2012, 10:47:14 PM
The Diplo on the other hand is great!  I think the neck could actually be a tad bit longer and the front limbs look a little funny, but I think those may just be due to the photo.  Overall, a big thumbs up for this one!

Oh, I think it's long enough!

DinoToyForum

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed by both the CollectAs, they lack the polished feel of some of the other recent additions.

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 09, 2012, 11:22:18 PM
Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed by both the CollectAs, they lack the polished feel of some of the other recent additions.

I'm inclined to agree. The details still seem to be sharp and rather nice, but the shapes and proportions and such are weirdly off. I don't have a Diplodocus, yet, though, so that might be worth a closer look. Also, I actually kind of like the eyes on the Diabloceratops, they look a bit birdlike. Sadly, the rest of the sculpt is not so nice (even with the quills). Sadly, I don't think I'll be getting the Safari version either, since they also got the hands messed up.

Here's hoping they learned from their last T. rex and give the new bipeds bases to stand on.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Pixelboy on November 09, 2012, 11:39:39 PM
...but the shapes and proportions and such are weirdly off.

This is it. They're both highly admirable for getting all the important features right, but are let down (rather anticlimactically) by the proportions.

I think I would probably still get the Diplodocus. Because. But hmmmnnngg... Also, those tile-like scales are there again. I've never been terribly fond of those in CollectA figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Diplo is 23cm so a bit taller than the Argentinosaurus. An okay size but they really missed the mark not making this one the deluxe in my opinion.

The Para is 30cm long and 10cm tall for anyone interested.

Takama

can you repeat that in inches please

Seijun

diplo is 9" tall, para is almost 12" long
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Dang, The Diplo is going to be large

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 12, 2012, 02:10:02 AM

Diplo is long overdue, it would be interesting to see how they interpret it... WWD style or a mini Battat? ^-^

Awesome new figure from CollectA!
Para – For me, it's one of the best toy figure of the species available, next to Battat. I'm glad that they gave it a quadruped pose instead of the kangaroo *yuck* one that the original one had. This figure is way better than Safari's, Papo, and Schleich, IMHO.
I love the body and head color, great combination. The proportion also looks good to me. The head is viewed at an angle, so maybe it's bigger than it look in the picture. The Safari Grypto's head looks big to me compared to it's body, but that's just me.

Diplo – A cross between WWD and Battat! I love it! Besides the Battat diplo, there are no other toy figure out there that shows Diplo in a rearing pose (there are not very many rearing sauropod toy figures out there, and at least 2 that exist are from CollectA already). It's great to see something else different from the standard sauropod pose ( at least it's believed to be possible for Diplos to rear up). And the head look fine, they did have ridiculously small heads for their size after all ;D

One thing I love about CollectA is their bold choices in species and poses they give them. I find that more exciting than the "safe" choices that Safari does with most of their figures. They also are not afraid to add in colors.

John

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 10, 2012, 01:49:27 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 12, 2012, 02:10:02 AM

Diplo is long overdue, it would be interesting to see how they interpret it... WWD style or a mini Battat? ^-^

Awesome new figure from CollectA!
Para – For me, it's one of the best toy figure of the species available, next to Battat. I'm glad that they gave it a quadruped pose instead of the kangaroo *yuck* one that the original one had. This figure is way better than Safari's, Papo, and Schleich, IMHO.
I love the body and head color, great combination. The proportion also looks good to me. The head is viewed at an angle, so maybe it's bigger than it look in the picture. The Safari Grypto's head looks big to me compared to it's body, but that's just me.

Diplo – A cross between WWD and Battat! I love it! Besides the Battat diplo, there are no other toy figure out there that shows Diplo in a rearing pose (there are not very many rearing sauropod toy figures out there, and at least 2 that exist are from CollectA already). It's great to see something else different from the standard sauropod pose ( at least it's believed to be possible for Diplos to rear up). And the head look fine, they did have ridiculously small heads for their size after all ;D

One thing I love about CollectA is their bold choices in species and poses they give them. I find that more exciting than the "safe" choices that Safari does with most of their figures. They also are not afraid to add in colors.
I must say I love that CollectA Parasaurolophus.
It's a little odd that it's in the Carnegie Collection that an oddball like Concavenator turns up and the much more classic Parasaurolophus appears in CollectA's line. :)
To me,that Parasaurolophus joins the Carnegie Concavenator,Wild Safari Dimorphodon,and Papo Wolly Rhino as the best of next year so far.
I love to see all lines really stepping up their quality. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: