News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Thank you, Viking Spawn ^-^

Roselaar, ah now I see. I thought the Styracosaurus was the tiny form already.
On the turtle´s belly it says "Odontochelys" - what an unexpected, interesting species choice! This figure is probably its only representant. It obviously is based upon this picture:

https://designeranimals.wikispaces.com/file/view/Picture_42.png/153997335/316x361/Picture_42.png

stemturtle

Libraraptor, please consider posting photos of dorsal and ventral views of  Odontochelys by Joy City Ltd. on the thread for Prehistoric Turtles .
There you can see a photo of Odontochelys offered by Razh00 on Shapeways. Thank you for informing us about this important stem-turtle figure.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 31, 2015, 09:18:47 AM

On the turtle´s belly it says "Odontochelys" - what an unexpected, interesting species choice!

Indeed! Which means Odontochelys is now off the Unique Species list. :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on October 31, 2015, 02:11:32 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on October 31, 2015, 09:18:47 AM

On the turtle´s belly it says "Odontochelys" - what an unexpected, interesting species choice!

Indeed! Which means Odontochelys is now off the Unique Species list. :)

Does "off" mean it was on this list for it was thought there was only one figure? Who made it?

Edit:
Sorry, one should read former postings before posting stupid questions which have already been answered above :)
Here you are:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=215.new#new

Roselaar

Libraraptor

I was asked about the "Joy City Ltd" tube being sold over a short time at ALDI stores. Here are detailed pictures of most of them.

Amphicyonidae

Sarcosuchus

Indricotherium

Phorusrhacid

Mammoth

Sabre Tooth Tiger

Dolichorhynchops

Plesiosaurus

Pterodactylus

Compsognathus

stargatedalek

That's a mighty fine Dolichorhynchops hehe :P

The stem turtle is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but the Pterodactylus is also pretty neat.

Libraraptor

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 01, 2015, 05:59:12 PM
That's a mighty fine Dolichorhynchops hehe :P

The stem turtle is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but the Pterodactylus is also pretty neat.

Oops, well, here we go:

Halichoeres

Wow, I gotta keep a lookout for those! I didn't give Joy City enough credit--I thought the Odontochelys was a poorly rendered Archelon. May I ask, where you are, is it Aldi Nord, or Aldi Süd? I don't know how likely it is that US Aldi stores would stock these, but it's slightly more likely if it's Aldi Süd because if I remember correctly all the US stores belong to that division.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 01, 2015, 10:54:15 PM
Wow, I gotta keep a lookout for those! I didn't give Joy City enough credit--I thought the Odontochelys was a poorly rendered Archelon. May I ask, where you are, is it Aldi Nord, or Aldi Süd? I don't know how likely it is that US Aldi stores would stock these, but it's slightly more likely if it's Aldi Süd because if I remember correctly all the US stores belong to that division.

It´s ALDI Nord. My wife goes there this morning and I hope she finds some remainders.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 01, 2015, 05:00:38 PM
I was asked about the "Joy City Ltd" tube being sold over a short time at ALDI stores. Here are detailed pictures of most of them.

Amphicyonidae

Sarcosuchus

Indricotherium

Phorusrhacid

Mammoth

Sabre Tooth Tiger

Dolichorhynchops

Plesiosaurus

Pterodactylus

Compsognathus

Lovely! Those are very interesting figures, I want some :)
Big bird and indrico looks like miniature Collecta's!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 13, 2015, 06:25:49 PM

Lovely! Those are very interesting figures, I want some :)
Big bird and indrico looks like miniature Collecta's!

Hey, Boki! Nice to read and hear of you again. I´m glad you like these animals, unfortunately ALDI hasn´t yet answered my question if and if yes where these small guys are still available. Had I known there´ll be so many requests following, I had bought some more :(

Libraraptor

As to the tubes I have some new information. Unfortunately I couldn´t get my hands on another "Prehistoric animals" tube... But I got two dinosaur tubes:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=89.msg120373#new

Libraraptor

I randomly chose some figures of mine for some new group photos.

Baryonyx

Ankylosaurs

Small Hadrosaurs

Mammal-like reptiles

My only three plain white dinosaurs

Halichoeres

Is that the Inpro Corythosaurus? Are those difficult to find?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 05, 2016, 11:46:00 PM

It´s probably not an oroginal one but a knockoff. Inpros have often served as blueprints for many chinasaur knockoffs.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 06, 2016, 07:23:52 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 05, 2016, 11:46:00 PM

It´s probably not an oroginal one but a knockoff. Inpros have often served as blueprints for many chinasaur knockoffs.

Ah, thanks! So not a new problem, it seems.

Megalosaurus

Beautiful choices.
Specially like the Mammal-like reptiles.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Libraraptor

This one is with me because I am an empathic guy.  ;) My swagger gave it to me as a birthday gift. He said he saw this Stegosaurus dusty and lonely in a corner of a run-down souvenir shop in Hungary... He took it with him and I adopted it. I love figures with history. ^-^

Libraraptor

Some beasts one doesn´t want to encounter at night...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: