News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Those are actually the repaints from the 90s.

I also agree that the Königsaurier looks more like an Iguanodon. I guess even back then Schleich did not do much research. The Stegsaurier looks like something out of an old Tokusatsu. And it appears a bigger version of the Stachelsaurier can be found in Kleinwelka:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Wow, THAT is interesting. Schleich being inspired by Kleinwelka.  Did not know that.

Libraraptor

More pictures and information follow!

Libraraptor

I have been posting my first pictures via Photobucket, too. I am now posting images via www.bilder-speicher.de
I decided to stay at this thread instead of opening a completely new one. Like Roselaar, I try to upload at least one picture per day. It can be a group shot or an individual shot.
But I think I start with the mass shots of the cabinets and shelves where  I store and present my collection.

Let´s start with my office. Here is Cora, the Corythosaurus by Bernd Wolter design I stumbled upon at a flea market and who is the heart of my collection.

I do have a crammed cabinet at my office, too

On a shelf in a corridor I have these three guys:

Books and prehistoric animals, I love this combination!

Sauropods towering everything

Top of my main cabinet

Middle of my main cabinet

Bottom of my main cabinet

Some smaller ones and stamps and pictures on lighter wall mounted shelves

Lanthanotus

Some real gems there :)

.. what is that nice Plateosaurus like thing in the first picture... looks like made from wood somewhat.

Halichoeres

Fantastic collection! That Corythosaurus is a wonderful find.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Great collection! the Corythosaurus is indeed a great oiece, very cute too. The Iguanodon next to Schleich Pentaceratops looks great, I haven't seen it before.

Roselaar

Fabulous collection!

Who produced that lovely Iguanodon in the pic with the Papo Dimetrodon?

Lanthanotus

PhilSauria

Now that's what I call a collection! Quite a number of pieces I've never seen before. I've noticed that a lot of collectors keep their Sauropods at a higher elevation, me included, I guess they look (even more) impressive when you are looking up at them. What is the Sauropod between the long-necked Schleich Brachiosaur and the Papo Apatosaur?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Really impressive collection! Perhaps the only good side to the whole PB thing is that we get to see everyone's collections all over again.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Bokisaurus

Lovely collection :))
Curious to know who made that ceratopsian ( pachy?), looks custom made. Cheers!

Libraraptor

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Yes, the Iguanodon some of you asked me is by Naturecraft. I did a review of it one or so year ago on the blog:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/09/25/iguanodon-naturecraft/

Lanthanotos: The wooden Sauropod, I think I once bought it on a market where craftspeople offered their work, so it´s probably custom - made.

PhilSauria: It´s the Larami Diplodocus. Larami did a couple of bad Invicta knockoffs and had a Parasaurolophus and an "Ankylosaurus", too:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2011/11/18/ankylosaurus-larami/

Boki: The Pachycrhinosaurus has been made by our member fabricious where I bought it four or so years ago. I recently had it repainted by Kathrin from Switzerland, whose work one can admire here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20SBLVd4XfY

As for today, I´d like to show you some new pictures from my collection:

Unpainted Schleich Allosaurus

Dino Expo Gigantoraptor

Dino Riders Struthiomimus and Invicta Troodon /Stenonychosaurus

The only two figures I have of prehistoric men, Papo and Safari:

Bullyland Deinonychus and Favorite Velociraptor, showing the paradigm shift of "raptors" having feathers:

Lanthanotus

I like that unicolor Schleich Allosaurus.

stoneage

;D  I think that one prehistoric man is a women, Sorry.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 11, 2017, 02:13:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

PhilSauria: It´s the Larami Diplodocus. Larami did a couple of bad Invicta knockoffs and had a Parasaurolophus and an "Ankylosaurus", too:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2011/11/18/ankylosaurus-larami/

Hi Librator.
Very nice collection.
Just am sad to inform you that also your dinotoyblog link above needs your rescue from "photo-bucket" ...

Libraraptor

Yeah, BrontoScorpio, I just noticed. It´s so annoying. I try to fix it, but this will last a while for the same reasons I cannot post here regularly: My Internet is super slow at the moment due to a disturbance caused by the provider. I can´t upload any pictures, let alone watch youtube videos. Also, I have a lot to do for the kids I work for, so I beg for indulgence.

Libraraptor

Quote from: stoneage on August 12, 2017, 12:48:23 AM
;D  I think that one prehistoric man is a women, Sorry.

Of course you´re right ;D

Well, finally here  are some new pictures:

PNSO Olorotitan and Disga Parasaurolophus

Procon Velociraptor:

Scientific Toys Dromaeosaurid

Schleich Sauropelta. It seems they seem to catch up with these good times in 2018 again:

Dinophile

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

Roselaar

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: