News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I think it's already been said, but I'm pretty sure that's just a normal Plains Zebra.

Also, while I do find the reveals annoying and the lack of diversity irritating, I get it. They're in a tough spot rn, so it's not the biggest deal. Honestly, my biggest issue is that I'd want the Baryonyx and Spinosaurus to switch color schemes.

Also, I kinda dig the paint job on that fantasy Triceratops.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 02, 2020, 05:12:25 PM
I think it's already been said, but I'm pretty sure that's just a normal Plains Zebra.

Also, while I do find the reveals annoying and the lack of diversity irritating, I get it. They're in a tough spot rn, so it's not the biggest deal. Honestly, my biggest issue is that I'd want the Baryonyx and Spinosaurus to switch color schemes.

Also, I kinda dig the paint job on that fantasy Triceratops.
Oh you know where this is going to go now >:D

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 02, 2020, 05:17:23 PM
Oh you know where this is going to go now >:D

Trust me, my choice of words was incredibly intentional.

Mattyonyx

Are the names confirmed? Because I was pretty confident the brown one was a Baryonyx and the blue one a Spinosaurus.

Shonisaurus

(comment deleted due to duplication)

Shonisaurus

Nice additions, a spinosaurus, barynoxx, a non-tyrannosaurus rex tyrannosaurus and a quagga I honestly like the new figures. On the quagga sculpted by Doug Watson or another member of Safari it will surely be even superior to the rest of other brands of dinosaurs and other prehistoric toy animals and will make good company with Mojo's.

As I imagine that the Safari brand, one of my lifelong brands is in a bad situation, I plan to buy both figures of mythological dinosaurs and perhaps the tube of fantastic animals. We must help financially this great brand and one of the pioneers together with Carnegie of the toy dinosaur companies.

On the other hand, what will be the mysterious tyrannosauroid? I want to find out. At least Safari has survived the Covid-19 pandemic.

Halichoeres

I repeat, there is no quagga. Equus quagga is the plains zebra, of which the quagga was a variant.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Creature

Nevermind, it's already been said. ;)
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 02, 2020, 07:05:31 PM
I repeat, there is no quagga. Equus quagga is the plains zebra, of which the quagga was a variant.

besides, there is enough in the pic to indicate this is the extant plains zebra and not the extinct quagga subspecies. Besides, their initial descriptor said it was the most common, and an extinct species cannot be common  C:-)

John

Here's something worth thinking about,not only did Daspletosaurus torosus have proportionally longer arms than Tyrannosaurus rex,but so too did Albertosaurus sarcophagus:)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very good so far. From what I can see here, I'm most excited for the baryonyx.

It does not look like the spinosaurus was sculpted by Doug Watson since it appears to be lacking the level of detail his sculpts have.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

I wonder what happened to the "Dino Dana" collaboration.
Or if there was anything significant planned in the first place.

Flaffy

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 03, 2020, 01:07:40 AM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I think that was only about discounts.

Oh, that was it? Weird how Safari made a "big" deal out of it, at least it felt like it.

Jose S.M.

They advertised two figures I think, to be commercialized around Christmas

Dinoxels

Yeah the Dino Dana figures should be releasing on Amazon during the quote on quote "holiday season". Also I do have word that the reveals for the new 2021 figures will not be for a little while, so don't get your hopes up for reveals soon.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Shonisaurus

They still surprise us with some / some more news about dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals by Safari. I understand that Doug Watson will be up to date regarding Safari 2021's dinosaur and prehistoric animal news, but of course he cannot / should not disclose it due to trade / industrial secrecy. I will wait what it takes.

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels Thanks for the info.

Roar

The silhoutte of the Baryonyx is with open mouth, Spinosaurus looks to have a more closed one. So i think Spinosaurus is the blue one. Which i think is awesome!
Onwards to adventure!

Renecito

I personally would love to see the work from other sculptors besides Doug, the Postosuchus is my favorite figure, i want more from that artist, thats one but there are more great examples.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

If the Spinosaurus is indeed blue, that's great. I was not keen on the notion that it would be simply a downsized copy of the 2019 version with a new tail. This one will contrast well with my two small ones from CollectA.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

The blue spinosaurid is also the one with the description that it is one of the largest theropods, so gotta be Spinosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: