News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

The new 2021 Baryonyx is available for purchase on Safari's website. I assume other stores, like Dan's Dinosaurs, will now be dispatching the figure or be available for purchase.

Ezikot

I guess the Baryonyx will be my favourite 2021 Safari release.
I'd love to see a video review... are there any?

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Ezikot on December 22, 2020, 09:07:00 AM

Not yet, as far as I can tell. Looks like Safari sent out the Daspletosaurus, Spinosaurus, and the fantasy rex to reviewers, but no one seems to have gotten the Baryonyx.
Check out my customs thread!

Ezikot

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren thank you! I hope we'll see a video review very soon.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 22, 2020, 12:17:15 PM
Quote from: Ezikot on December 22, 2020, 09:07:00 AM

Not yet, as far as I can tell. Looks like Safari sent out the Daspletosaurus, Spinosaurus, and the fantasy rex to reviewers, but no one seems to have gotten the Baryonyx.
How do I become one of these reviewers?

Faelrin

I'll be really looking forward to seeing this Baryonyx in folks hands soon. Definitely been on my "hopes and dreams" wishlist for them for a while now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

(message deleted)
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 23, 2020, 11:14:41 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 23, 2020, 06:00:07 PM

Safari lists their requirements on their website, if you're curious.
Thanks bro. You are a game changer. I filled it out and hopefully my application is approved
P.S. how long does it take for them to tell the results

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 24, 2020, 12:13:38 AM

No clue; I'm not a reviewer. Guessing it might take a while, since they probably get a lot of requests. 
Check out my customs thread!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 24, 2020, 12:13:38 AM
Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 23, 2020, 11:14:41 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 23, 2020, 06:00:07 PM

Safari lists their requirements on their website, if you're curious.
Thanks bro. You are a game changer. I filled it out and hopefully my application is approved

I am not entirely sure, I guess it depends on each request. If you are in the US it might work better and faster. I have my own experience with this to share, but I'm not certain if that helps. What I know for sure is the number of subscribers doesn't seem to matter much. All the channels I know received the samples to review are not really large ones. Anyways, here's what happened in my case.

I filled the request about three times, but never was sent anything to review.

The first time I tried it, Safari replied rather quickly, a day or so later, and told me they would be happy to partner with my channel and send some dinos. They even presented me with guidelines, of what I could and could not say/do in my reviews. I got pretty happy and excited with that.

I remember really well, it was late 2016, they had just unveiled their new figures, including the Feathered T.rex. But they told me they would not ship me anything until january, because it was close to the holidays and that complicates things in the mail. In late january I contacted them again, they said they would send a few figures, I even sent them my shipping address, but never got anything. A few months later I asked to find out why nothing was shipped, and got no reply. :P

Later in 2018 If I'm not mistaken I tried again, this time I got a message saying they though it was too complicated shipping the figures to Brazil so the partnership didn't happen again, more so because Safari was not really interested in solving the issue, at least in my opinion. I even asked if they would send to an US address and I would take care of the shipping to Brazil, but this didn't help either.

Then, I guess in 2019 I tried once more, and got a reply that seemed to be automatically sent to whoever sent them the request. If said that they received too many requests and at the moment were not picking more people as partners.  I figured they were not willing to spend a few extra bucks shipping overseas to a channel that made reviews in Brazilian Portuguese, even though I told all companies that I could make reviews in English if necessary. After that I gave up.

If one day Safari decides to partner with my channel, they themselves will get in touch and make the offer. It didn't feel good to be asking them again and again, in hindsight It felt like I was begging for a few free figures.

But I was luckier with CollectA on the other hand. They did sent me about ten models to review when I offered to be partners.

EDIT: reading this I realized it turned into a bit of a rant  ;D Sorry about that. I guess I never expressed to anyone this and given the opportunity the frustration came out  :-[

Stegotyranno420

Sorry you had to go through that.  Man, that's really bad luck, in fact, now I'm scared. But like I said in another thread, I don't want to be a beggar anymore

Duna

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro I'm sorry for your oddysey, you don't look like you are begging for some figures. In fact, being a reviewer is a very hard work of time and video edition. I've made a few videos and even the worst ones take a lot of time and effort. It's a pity Safari did not put so much effort in a inversion like a well known reputated reviewer usually is.

Gwangi

They should have skipped these fantasy dinosaurs and put some real effort into the Dino Dana line.

Flaffy

I'm surprised on the seemingly lack of in-hand pics and reviews of the 2021 Baryonyx.

Loon

I guess I'm literally the only person in the world who got this figure. People keep asking me for pics of it, so here you go.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photos! That baryonyx from Safari looks great. He has made very few dinosaur figures this year, Safari but figures like that are worth as much as ten from the same brand.

Faelrin

avatar_Loon @Loon Thanks for sharing those pics of the Baryonyx. By far my favorite take on this animal, and one I've long waited for. I will definitely be eager to get this when the chance arrives for me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: