News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

The Ouranosaurus is the only one that impresses me, I'll certainly get that one if I come across it. Maybe Bumpy too. I never got the Ankylosaurus and already have baby Bumpy.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2021, 09:10:00 PM
Is the Chialingosaurus jointed mid-torso?
It does look that way. The new Velociraptor revealed previously also looks like it has a cut for articulation in the middle of its torso. Maybe this is some new gimmick for the Fierce Force assortment?

MLMjp

These have to be concept renders or something like that, ´cause they make the toys look terrible. I mean some of them dont even have eyes.

Having said that and trying to imagine them more defined and with better quality...

Love the Ouranosaurus, but the tail looks tiny. And just like the Carchar, inspired by JW evolution, these skins in particular (images don´t work here for some reason)
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicworld-evolution/images/4/41/OuranoWetland.png/revision/latest?cb=20200504135042
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicworld-evolution/images/f/f2/OuranoSteppe.png/revision/latest?cb=20200504135029

Even if this is just a render and not the final product, I just dont like the color palette of the Chialingosaurus. It straight up looks like a prototype/ test shot made with plastic leftovers.

Not going to comment about repaints that are not worth of attention.

Kotori_Sonoda

I like that Ouranosaurus, definite pickup if I ever see it.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

terrorchicken

My fave is the ouranoaurus but ugh! tiny tail syndrome strikes again!  Also I like the sculpt of the allosaurus yet Im sure this isn't  a new sculpt right? Its def not the original first version LW:FK sculpt which I never liked. Why do I feel like Ive never seen it before? Maybe the weird pic resolution is making it look better to me, lol.

Reuben03

ohhh that ouranosaurus is gorrrgeous.
might be the first non plesiosaurus mattel figure i buy!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

Quote from: terrorchicken on March 27, 2021, 02:55:23 AM
My fave is the ouranoaurus but ugh! tiny tail syndrome strikes again!  Also I like the sculpt of the allosaurus yet Im sure this isn't  a new sculpt right? Its def not the original first version LW:FK sculpt which I never liked. Why do I feel like Ive never seen it before? Maybe the weird pic resolution is making it look better to me, lol.
the allosaurus tail looks awful. ruins the figure. chap mei does it sometimes and yet they still look good?
like maybe its because its sooo... thin.

suspsy

Could possibly be just a bad angle. Although it's not like any of the Mattel theropods in that size class have good tails.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reuben03

Quote from: suspsy on March 27, 2021, 03:38:10 AM
Could possibly be just a bad angle. Although it's not like any of the Mattel theropods in that size class have good tails.
yeahh exactly.
im not interested in them tbh. just want more marine reptiles!
some pliosaurs maybe. and a styxosaurus or morturneria...

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 27, 2021, 04:30:39 AM
Kronosaurus will be amazing
yes!!! a big kronosaurus would be good. would make sense as the first choice for a pliosaur too, as a rejected JP4 script had a kronosaurus.

Faelrin

I'd like that or at least Liopleurodon. I imagine they could get away with a Kronosaurus in the Massive Biters size range, and a Liopleurodon in the Roarivores size range. Maybe an Elasmosaurus too to go with the Plesiosaurus. Ichthyosaurus is on my wishlist as well. Sad how the Plesiosaurus and Mosasaurus are still the only marine reptiles in this line. Tylosaurus however doubtful, was in the Telltale game and is another one they could possibly do. A Dunkleosteus is also a must (since nearly line has one at this point). I hope that improves in the future, such as next year perhaps, since the line will be 5 years old then.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reuben03

Quote from: Faelrin on March 27, 2021, 12:13:09 PM
I'd like that or at least Liopleurodon. I imagine they could get away with a Kronosaurus in the Massive Biters size range, and a Liopleurodon in the Roarivores size range. Maybe an Elasmosaurus too to go with the Plesiosaurus. Ichthyosaurus is on my wishlist as well. Sad how the Plesiosaurus and Mosasaurus are still the only marine reptiles in this line. Tylosaurus however doubtful, was in the Telltale game and is another one they could possibly do. A Dunkleosteus is also a must (since nearly line has one at this point). I hope that improves in the future, such as next year perhaps, since the line will be 5 years old then.
for me the Chap Mei Dunk is the closest to that. and yes!!! Ichthyosaurus i'd want more then annnny of the ones mentioned before.
i'd keep it in this:

i just bought two plesiosaurs to keep in the family fun aquarium bc it would look soo nice

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/Y2Tb1KTvUkg

I posted this review of the Mattel Attack Pack Troodon in the Mattel: New for 2020 topic, thinking it was a 2020 figure when in fact it is a 2021 figure. I deleted it there and posted it here. Just realizing this now.

Reuben03

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on March 28, 2021, 11:11:11 AM
I posted this review of the Mattel Attack Pack Troodon in the Mattel: New for 2020 topic, thinking it was a 2020 figure when in fact it is a 2021 figure. I deleted it there and posted it here. Just realizing this now.
yooo hey haha i didn't know you were on here!

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Reuben03 on March 28, 2021, 12:20:07 PM
This is actually a video by Andy's Dinosaur Reviews. Nice channel to which I subscribed to. A channel of dinosaur figure reviews and unboxing. When I find interesting videos, I post them here on the forum.

Reuben03

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on March 28, 2021, 03:13:34 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on March 28, 2021, 12:20:07 PM
This is actually a video by Andy's Dinosaur Reviews. Nice channel to which I subscribed to. A channel of dinosaur figure reviews and unboxing. When I find interesting videos, I post them here on the forum.
ohhh i thought u were andy LOL i watch him too

Stegotyranno420

Coincidentally  Andy is on here, but he last posted about a year and 2-3 months ago, his profile is A @Andysdinosaurreviews
Yeah I'm also a big fan and friend of Andy. He's the reason why I have about half of my collection, he is super nice and funny, and me and him helped avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 with spreading the word about his phenomenal chap mei designs so they can start production. I just feel like lots of people criticize him just because he is a reviewer channel to begin with, but I don't understand what's the big deal with that. He is a great friend

Anyways, Mattel's ornithopods seem pretty realistic, besides those that appeared in film. Overall, for me, not too great or bad of a year.
But that cryolophosaurus is real bad-a**, so cool.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 28, 2021, 08:41:36 PM
Coincidentally  Andy is on here, but he last posted about a year and 2-3 months ago, his profile is A @Andysdinosaurreviews
Yeah I'm also a big fan and friend of Andy. He's the reason why I have about half of my collection, he is super nice and funny, and me and him helped avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 with spreading the word about his phenomenal chap mei designs so they can start production. I just feel like lots of people criticize him just because he is a reviewer channel to begin with, but I don't understand what's the big deal with that. He is a great friend

Anyways, Mattel's ornithopods seem pretty realistic, besides those that appeared in film. Overall, for me, not too great or bad of a year.
But that cryolophosaurus is real bad-a**, so cool.

People criticize me on here???  That's rude!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: