News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Literal version is this guy:
https://dinotoyblog.com/2016/03/23/tyrantegosaurus-predasaurs-dna-fusion-by-simba/

Personally I don't mind the Snap Squad. Not on my priority list, but something I might pick up for the right price.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

dinoMD

Quote from: Faelrin on March 22, 2021, 03:32:08 AM
I've said it before, but I'll say it again, we really are so lucky they've dared to do this at all, and again with this one, after the beloved Brachiosaurus. It's so nice to have such huge sauropod toys after so so long (all of which I missed out on as a child). At least I have the opportunity to be lucky enough to see the joy it brings to my nieces faces.

Amen to that.  I remember being so envious of my friend's definitely dinosaurs ultrasaurus and brontosaurus as a child.  And then never getting a legit sauropod with the Jurassic franchise until now (I even pretended the tanystropheus was a herbivore/ sauropod growing up out of desperation).  I am hopeful we will get the apatosaurus as the May legacy release!

terrorchicken

there was a(small) brachiosaurus in the JP3 toy line... I had one.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I wish Mattel would release more small sauropods to join the Amargasaurus. A Shunosaurus with tail swinging action might be neat.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on March 23, 2021, 07:12:34 PM
I wish Mattel would release more small sauropods to join the Amargasaurus. A Shunosaurus with tail swinging action might be neat.

I wish they would release the Amargasaurus again, that's another one that has eluded me.

Mellow Stego

I for one love the Snap Squad line.
Very excited to get a hold of that stego.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Wallnut

Does any one remember collect jurassics 2019 april fools joke  ;D

Faelrin

avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR Yep I do. Interesting to see where we are now from just a few years ago.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

Stegotyranno420

As yes, good ol spike. He was my favorite, tied with that baby Tyrannosaurus named Chomper or something. Good times

Gwangi

Spike is my favorite character from The Land Before Time, mostly because he rarely speaks.

Stegotyranno420

Kinda of like how I like basically all characters taht don't speak in the walking with dinosaurs movie.
Back on topic, does anyone have a any predictions on what the giganotosaursu will be like

Carnoking

I don't have a prediction on what it will look like, but God, please no nasal horn.

Reuben03

Quote from: Carnoking on March 25, 2021, 12:59:45 AM
I don't have a prediction on what it will look like, but God, please no nasal horn.
ughhh ikkk
hope that's just mattel being stupid

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Eocarcharia

That's nothing an x-acto knife can't fix ;)

Reuben03

Quote from: Eocarcharia on March 25, 2021, 03:54:19 AM

That's nothing an x-acto knife can't fix ;)
doubt i can justify takin one of those into the cinema LOL

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reuben03

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 25, 2021, 08:59:45 AM
The image with the horn had been confirmed as fake.
yeah, but then OFFICIAL mattel concepts of what i assume are future snap squad's were leaked showing a Giga with a horn : (

it was already a snap squad, but they managed to make it worse.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: