News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

That helicoprion is much more expensive than expected, still cheaper on Aliexpress than other stores over at Model Toy Center. I'll buy it from everythingdinosaur anyway, even when the dreaded customs duties haven't started yet.

Incidentally, it looks great.

Pachyventer

The first (in my universe :) ) in-hand pics of the Helicoprion:
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7357974213

Shane

This thing is so unusual, seeing those in hand pics almost makes me want to get it. Almost. The price is still a bit much. Maybe if they send some over to the Amazon warehouses so it qualifies for prime.

Pachyventer

I ordered my copy this weekend from Aliexpress)) Can't wait to get it! I'm curious to know what will be the next release? Stego, Torvo or something surprisingly-awesome such as an off-the-list dinosaur, e.g. Edmontonia.

P.S. The Allosaurus figure is really awesome. I think, that's a general situation with models I want: they look much better in person than on pics :D Besides, the All is quite scratchy: all those teeth-osteoderms-claws make it a dangerous toy for young'uns (regardless of their age ;) ).

SBell

Bread

Some comparison images of PNSO's Allosaurus. Surprised no one has compared the Yangchuanosaurus and Allosaurus.

Tyrannosaurus compared to the Allosaurus.

Allosaurus by itself.

Also, I noticed a difference in the clear display rod. A slight chop off the side. Hard to explain but visually can be seen. No this is not a defect as it is a clean cut.

Duna

avatar_Bread @Bread, some rods are like that, if you get the qianzhousaurus, you'll get also the "asymethric rod". :)

Concavenator

Quote from: Duna on May 19, 2021, 10:09:27 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread, some rods are like that, if you get the qianzhousaurus, you'll get also the "asymethric rod". :)

I know what you mean  ;)

Andre

That's not a defect. I don't have the Allosaurus, but I do have the Qianzhousaurus, and the rod has this "cut" because that's where it fits its forelimb.

Bread

Thanks everyone! I thought this was a new design for the stands. I also never got the Qianzhousaurus so I never knew this was already implemented design.

Thialfi

Stegotyranno420

I love it!
Im so confused in which I should get

Andre

I Love it as well.. but did it have to be museum line??  :'(
This is going to be pricey.....

Bread

Okay, wow very unexpected; however I am in love! Glad I skipped their old Stego....

Also, glad their museum line is still getting attention! I do prefer a juvenile than a base, definitely a step up for PNSO!

suspsy

That's a cool upgrade, especially with the baby. If I hadn't already bought Biber I when it came out, I'd be all over this. Wonder what the price tag will be this time?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is the difference between their regular mid-size line and Museum Line?

Faelrin

I am so glad to see we are getting a new Stegosaurus after all, even if it is one of their museum line models (I mean they still have the original Biber after all in the regular cheaper line). I'm guessing it'll be around the same $60-$70 price tag as the new Wilson is. The detail definitely looks to be on par with the recent Tuojiangosaurus and Miragaia, if not better. I love the baby or juvenile that it comes with as well. Last baby Stegosaurus model I can think of was Rebor's Clover I think (which was still very nice).

I'm definitely going to need to see in hand pics of this one first, and I would like to see it alongside the new Allosaurus. I really hope it is in 1:35 scale as advertised. Granted I think the recent Safari Ltd one was intended to be in that scale, which is a very nice alternative (and I'm sure it'll be much cheaper then this pair here).

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi Biggest notable difference is the jump in price, and give or take the accompanying packaging. No numbers as well, like the bulk of their releases (as far as I can tell), but that's a minor thing. Maybe someone else could explain better too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The museum line are generally bigger (with some exceptions) and come with a bigger foam box, are supposedly all 1:35 scale, though most aren't. And it's am older line, from around the same time as the minis I hope they haven't forgotten.

That is undoubtedly the best Stegosaurus, I do really want that.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Pachyventer

What a wonderful update! Guys from the Chinese forum state it will be another pre-sale item for early June. If it is so, the very next figure may be the Torvosaurus. Dang, this June will be hot!)))

SRF

Quote from: Thialfi on May 20, 2021, 06:47:33 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is the difference between their regular mid-size line and Museum Line?

The packaging, booklet and mainly the price. Also, all the Museum Line figures are made to be 1:35 scale, while the scale of the models in the mid-size line is different for each model.

About the Stego: wow, I like this one. Just when I've figured how my wishlist is going to look like. But this one will definitely complement the Allosaurus very well. But since it is in the Museum Line, first I'll have a look at its price tag I guess. It's also another release that we can't cross of the list of numbers of the Prehistoric Animals Line that are still to be released... :o
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: