News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yankeetrex Art......Tyrannosaurus 3d Model Updated 6/16

Started by yankeetrex, October 09, 2012, 05:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Kind of work from my own concept of a carnotaur, however I did use skeletal backings.

yankeetrex

I know this may sound weird, but i noticed that nobody is leaving me feed back on my sculpts or drawings, are they bad? I'd rather hear criticism then nothing at all.

tyrantqueen

Is the Compy supposed to be JP style? I would say that the skull is a little shrink wrapped and it could use feathers...but if it's a JP creation then maybe that criticism isn't valid.

Your Carno looks really good so far though.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

spinosaurus1

by god, I love that great white shark. my only suggestion however is to make the pectoral fins a bit more broader and pronounced. also, the majority of sharks only have a single anal fin( with only sharks that doesn't need the added stability not retaining an anal fin at all. such as deep sea dogfish). yours is depicting two.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on November 08, 2014, 07:16:19 PM
by god, I love that great white shark. my only suggestion however is to make the pectoral fins a bit more broader and pronounced. also, the majority of sharks ( which includes great whites) only have a single anal fin( with only sharks that doesn't need the added stability not retaining an anal fin at all. such as deep sea dogfish). yours is depicting two.

yankeetrex

Did this last Friday......

No matter how many times I paint this Tsukuda Velociraptor, I just end of hating it even more, lol. The damn two left feet.......Looks like its going to ebay so it can finally leave my artistic mind alone. I'm hoping it has some appeal to someone because its based on blue.

The whole shebang......

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleona

That display is really awesome!  Is that poster back-lit?  Very cool.

Dinomike

I'm in awe! That's one stylish display! I really adore the backlit poster - how did you acquire it? And - oh boy! -do I love the T.rex diorama!!!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

yankeetrex

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 09, 2015, 05:22:50 PM
That's a cool display!

Any progress on the sculptures?

My 3d sculptures? if your talking about those then, i have been learning how to use a program called keyshot for lighting.  I'm planning on making a short dinosaur fact book with accurate sculpts. To give you an idea of the level of detail i'm trying to acheive........

These were part of my college thesis show from May.....I know none are accurate, they are mostly JP inspired

I know the tail fluke is facing the wrong direction, i'm just testing out the underwater lighting feature with an older model.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

yankeetrex

WIP JP Dilophosaurus

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: