News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New For 2021

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2021, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

I see Dan's Dinosaurs is also taking preorders. And on Lana's site, they say: "Will be sent before August 31st", so it will be available soon.

Glad to see this, a good figure of this genus is long overdue. And on the subject of the Tyrannosaurus, if they finally get to do it, I think it will the best one on the market, along with the upcoming BotM version. It has the potential to surpass the newest Wilson, and the new one by Rebor. Although if they continue with their policy of not including anything to ensure the stability of bipeds, it probably will be a pass, as I am not really interested in having a gorgeous figure laying on the ground.

suspsy

The Dicraeosaurus does indeed look very promising. This is definitely a company worth keeping a close eye on.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Psittacoraptor

I'll definitely be getting the Dicraeosaurus, the "coffee"-colour version, to go with my blue Carcharodontosaurus. I'm looking forward to displaying these two African dinos together. I wish the Dicraeosaurus was a little bigger but it was a rather small sauropod after all. Interesting that there's a base option for it when the Carcharodontosaurus didn't have one. A base would make more sense for a theropod.

And to no-one's surprise, they seem to be working on a T-rex. Every company needs one. Normally I wouldn't be interested in another T-rex, BOTM and PNSO have me covered on that front, but after how great their Carcha turned out, I can't wait to see GR's take on a rex. Hopefully it will be as colourful as their Carcharodontosaurus.

MLMjp

The Dicraeosaurus looks really good.

Hopefully those T.rex rumors are true, considering how good their Carcha looks, their T.rex could be the best representation of the genus and it would come out before the BOTM one, so thats also another plus...

Kapitaenosavrvs

At 35cm it will be a bit too much for me for this Price. Since it is not that big for an Sauropod in 1:35. But it clearly looks like a good Figure.

SidB

Figures like these go a long way in visually explaining why sauropod fans are so enthusiastic about them.

Over9K

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 23, 2021, 07:11:52 PM
At 35cm it will be a bit too much for me for this Price. Since it is not that big for an Sauropod in 1:35. But it clearly looks like a good Figure.
Dicreosaurus wasn't a huge sauropod though, in fact if the length of 35cm doesn't account for the curvature of the spine, it will in fact be slightly too big for 1:35.

Anyone this one is a must for me. I had considered buying the Spinosaurus at the same time but given the price of them I'll just stick to the one I really want. I'm looking forward to this more than most of the PNSO's that ED will be getting next month, and more than the CollectA's second batch too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

lrnr21

Do they have any social media page for updates? I tried to look for a facebook or twitter page and cannot find any.

GojiraGuy1954

I hope ED will get these in so I can buy them
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 25, 2021, 07:45:00 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 23, 2021, 07:11:52 PM
Dicreosaurus wasn't a huge sauropod though, in fact if the length of 35cm doesn't account for the curvature of the spine, it will in fact be slightly too big for 1:35.

Anyone this one is a must for me. I had considered buying the Spinosaurus at the same time but given the price of them I'll just stick to the one I really want. I'm looking forward to this more than most of the PNSO's that ED will be getting next month, and more than the CollectA's second batch too.

Yes, i know. I just wanted to say, that 35cm normally sounds like a big Figure, but now for a Sauropod. I do love this sculpt. It is the best one of GR Toys to me at the Moment. Just judging from the Pictures we know.

Concavenator

Anyone who has their Carcharodontosaurus or Spinosaurus could tell me whether or not they include any kind of card/booklet/ info with the figure? I always like to keep those, I also collect them.

Abobo

Quote from: Concavenator on August 03, 2021, 12:29:44 AM
Anyone who has their Carcharodontosaurus or Spinosaurus could tell me whether or not they include any kind of card/booklet/ info with the figure? I always like to keep those, I also collect them.

nope, nothing just the box and the figure

Concavenator

Quote from: Abobo on August 03, 2021, 09:53:07 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 03, 2021, 12:29:44 AM

nope, nothing just the box and the figure
Ah, what a pity! I always like when some extra info is included. Thanks!

Concavenator

First in hand pics of the Dicraeosaurus are appearing on Baidu, and Paleofiguras has already shared some of them on Facebook. So far only the green version has been shown, but I'm most looking forward to the brown version.

Lanthanotus

Just stumbled across this pre-order.... GR Toys Dicraeosaurus.

Looks like a very nice sculpt and an overall charming figure.... shame it is so pricy :/

Bread

Beautiful figure, but I will say the colors on the final figure are a little dull compared to its promo pics. Still an overall excellent figure.

Has GR Toys mentioned anything else about their possible Tyrannosaurus?

Psittacoraptor

User photos of both versions:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7486994635

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7484568994

There are some pics next to the Carcharodontosaurus when you scroll down. I much prefer the "coffee" version. And the base looks great!

Bread

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on August 10, 2021, 02:07:13 PM

There are some pics next to the Carcharodontosaurus when you scroll down. I much prefer the "coffee" version. And the base looks great!
Reminds me of V @vampiredesign's repaints (maybe?).

I am more curious to what sauropod figures those are next to the Dicraeosaurus. I assume they are repainted figures but they look stunning!

ceratopsian

Thanks for this.  I find the "coffee" or "red" version much more appealing too.

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on August 10, 2021, 02:07:13 PM

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: