News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New For 2021

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2021, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I've bought some PNSO figures from My Online Toy Store in Aliexpress and they are totally recommendable (along with Model Toy Center). Ask always for Aliexpress Standard Shipping (it does not charge customs extra) and you'll get them in less that 2 weeks normally.

Concavenator

Thanks for the reference, avatar_Duna @Duna !
I have also noticed the free shipping when selecting that shipping method. Certainly nice!

Concavenator

Anyone knows if these GR figures are limited edition? I can find the new Carcharodontosaurus on AliExpress, but not their Spinosaurus anymore.  ???

Leyster

Quote from: Concavenator on June 10, 2021, 10:22:46 AM
Anyone knows if these GR figures are limited edition? I can find the new Carcharodontosaurus on AliExpress, but not their Spinosaurus anymore.  ???
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005001406423550.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.9.389e7c6auxSlXP
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

Quote from: Leyster on June 10, 2021, 10:54:36 AM
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005001406423550.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.9.389e7c6auxSlXP

Thanks! So it seems they're not limited edition after all.

Psittacoraptor

Aliexpress' search function is pretty bad. Often you won't find the products you're looking for if you type in the English description. It's best to bookmark the stores that carry dinosaur model brands and check them for products you want.

I can recommend

Model Toy Center: https://de.aliexpress.com/store/1196221 (the only store the still has the GR Spinosaurus, as Leyster already posted)
My Online Toy Store: https://de.aliexpress.com/store/626558
Jurassic Zoo Store: https://de.aliexpress.com/store/911731161

Abobo

photos of the 1/20 version
it's a beauty :

Carnoking

That is gorgeous. Are these photos from GR Toys themselves or a personal collector? Definitely looks like they're flexing on that PNSO figure even though it's far from a fair comparison. This reminds me, any updates on the orange version of the smaller figure? Thought we would have seen something by now...

Abobo

it's on sale on aliexpress
photos from the store I suppose (unboxed)
the orange variant for the 1/35 will be available apparently june 22

SenSx

That size OO

Love the level of detail and the paint quality, the dynamic pose as well.
The blue eyes are a nice little touch in contrast with the rest of the color scheme.

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Psittacoraptor

Video review of the flame version Carcharodontosaurus. Looks very nice but I prefer the blue one.

https://youtu.be/eb8j7N0oavQ

This channel is great btw.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Thanks for sharing the video. In my case I disagree with your opinion. I like the red GR Toys carcharodontosaurus better even if the other one is blue or bluish and that is my favorite color.

SidB

avatar_Abobo @Abobo , love those landscape shots, especially the one with the city panorama in the background. Reminds me of the JP image of the roaring T-rex in San Diego, perched on a rocky outcropping.

Carnoking

It is nice to see them both side by side but I am a bit disappointed with how the flame variant turned out. When looking at the promo images, I felt that the blue variant had a bit too much going on in terms of color and the flame variant felt a bit more balanced and naturalistic. I don't know if the final product just got rushed or what but the application of color on these seems night and day. I guess I'm going to end up going with the blue version

Over9K

I received my GR Toys Charcardontosaurus today! It's quite stunning in person, with the scale detail coming through that amazing paint. The material is a bit stiffer than say PNSO, or REBOR. It's much closer in feel to Nanmu's material.

Is it just me, or has family Carcharodontosauridae enjoyed the best paint apps from the various companies lately? IMO, the Nanmu Blue Giga is Nanmu's best painted figure to date, and the PNSO Carchar has a better paint app than most of their recent offerings. Finally, GR Toys and Haolong Good have really raised the bar for toy/model dinosaur colorways with their Blue Carchar.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations. Magnificent carcharodontosaurus I wish I had it too, although I hope to prioritize spending on other dinosaurs before I get it. I'm glad for you.

Concavenator

Paleofiguras has posted on Facebook a pic of a lot of their Dicraeosaurus models in the factory (?). They say they're expecting it to be ready between the 8th and 10th of August. They also said there are rumours their next model will be a Tyrannosaurus and that it might be available this year.

Bread

A Tyrannosaurus? :o
This figure could be more accurate than PNSO's Wilson and Rebor's. My fear would be the price...

Carnoking

Lana Time is taking pre-orders. Going to hold off until I see some additional in-hand photos in case my mind is changed as it was with the Carchar

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: