News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New For 2021

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2021, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on May 15, 2021, 12:31:03 AM
That is very nice. Don't know why I thought it would be bigger, but those colors turned out gorgeous.
I thought it would be much bigger as well. I need to see some in hand comparison images of this one with the Spinosaurus.

Faelrin

Just as gorgeous as the prototype pic. Very impressive. Tough choice between the PNSO and this one. Both in an ideal world but I'll probably have to settle for the PNSO one which will probably be cheaper.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

This looks to be about the perfect size for my tastes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SRF

It was advertised with a length of 36 cm long and a height of 13 cm. That would make him quite bigger than the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus.

Some more in hand pics: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO35KKHK8uD/?igshid=cqpkrlx144co
But today, I'm just being father

Stegotyranno420

man i wish i could get this lad. Right now, I'm leaning towards GR but its far expensive and not Prime shipping, (probably), and I'm saving for the Mesozoic life Spinosaurus which I also wish is prime. This guy seems more natural and robust, yet slender and not puffy as the PNSO
So hard to pick

Callophrys

I've just had a message from Model Toy Centre to say my Carcharodontosaurus is being shipped today!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Those colours are unreal. Even the in hand photo doesn't look life an actual physical object to me. Like some kind of illusion. Does anyone else feel that way?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

I saw some additional photos comparing it to the w-dragon Giganotosaurus, the PNSO infant Tyrannosaurus rex, and the Papo Stegosaurus of all things. It's a good sized figure, I don't know why that first "in hand" photo made it look so small.

SRF

I just saw some pictures of the Carcharodontosaurus with its mouth closed.

People who are 'Team Lips' are going to love this one.
But today, I'm just being father

Kapitaenosavrvs

It is really going to be hard to choose.
I overall prefer the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus look, it looks more like a believable Animal to me.
But the GR Toys really is a fantastic Figure it seems. Lips are a plus, but to be honest, lipless looks fine on the PNSO. It fits the overall look and what i have in mind when i think of PNSO.
Its hefty, that the GR Paintjob really looks like the Promo pics. Or really close. Impressive. I would go with the orange variant. A hard, first world decision. But still one, i want to make.

Thialfi

Mouth closed is such a great look. This figure impresses me more and more.

Abobo

too beautiful to pass
Ordered!

Carnoking

Yeah definitely on my get list now. But I think I'm going to hold off until I see the other variant before making the decision. I'm inclined to believe the green and orange variant will look better alongside the green spino.

Abobo

I chose the "orange" Giganotosaurus from Nanmu after days of indecision, this time it's "damn it! get the blue" lol
too much orange/brown/red in my small collection, this carcha will brings some nice constrast

Concavenator

Yes, very nice, but it doesn't come with a base or a clear support stand like PNSO does. And it's a biped. So just for that, this is a NO for me. I could be paying 80$ for this (brilliant) piece but it won't stand up. No, thanks.

It's pointless, I have many bipedal figures, and none of them are able to stand. Of course, when companies are in the process of making the figures, they design the models in a way that could stand, but that doesn't mean it will actually do so (based on my experience).

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Is there any chance that one out of the PNSO and GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus figures, that one represents C. saharicus and the other represents C. iguidensis?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Over9K

Shows y'all how out of control the scale problem is in this hobby, when something correctly scaled has everyone saying how "small" it is compared to other makers' versions...

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 15, 2021, 01:14:05 PM
Those colours are unreal. Even the in hand photo doesn't look life an actual physical object to me. Like some kind of illusion. Does anyone else feel that way?

I completely feel this way. It doesn't look real. It's absolutely beautiful.

For me, this strange effect makes it look better than the promo pics.

Abobo

Stegotyranno420

Dammit the more I see it, the more I want it, and the more I realize it won't be on Amazon haha

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: