News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: New for 2021

Started by Leyster, January 30, 2021, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 20, 2021, 04:47:46 PM
Conspiracy theory time. Wonder if it could potentially be the same factory that tanked Vitae a couple years ago. The factory owner is corrupt and gambled with the factories money. Then would make bootlegs with the molds or hold the molds "hostage" for more money. I know Rebor and PNSO had issues with this particular factory. Thankfully Vitae recovered and I hope so can Dino Hazard.

So that turns out to have been an acute and perceptive guess, D @Dino Scream3232.  Thank you avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO for the information.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 21, 2021, 04:58:24 PM
Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 20, 2021, 04:47:46 PM
Conspiracy theory time. Wonder if it could potentially be the same factory that tanked Vitae a couple years ago. The factory owner is corrupt and gambled with the factories money. Then would make bootlegs with the molds or hold the molds "hostage" for more money. I know Rebor and PNSO had issues with this particular factory. Thankfully Vitae recovered and I hope so can Dino Hazard.

So that turns out to have been an acute and perceptive guess, D @Dino Scream3232.  Thank you avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO for the information.

Glad to help ;D

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Nothing harsh in your post. Piracy is bad, period. But it's the worst when it happens to small companies which are just trying to get off the ground. On the other hand, I won't cry for big corporations whose managers and CEOs rake in millions and billions by exploiting their work force. If those are affected by bootlegs, *shrug*. But what happened to Dinohazard is the worst case of piracy, in my opinion. Not only because it's a new, small company that's trying to get into the market but also because the pirated products were made in the same factory as the licensed ones. Bootlegs are one thing, they are usually worse in quality, you can spot them easily and many will opt to buy the originals instead. But here people are being tricked into buying something that looks genuine but isn't, and the people who created it don't get money from it. Just a terrible situation all around. I hope it can be solved.

stargatedalek

There are two sides to situations like this. While it seems cut and dry because this is from a known swindler, it could have also happened with a legitimate factory.

Knowingly producing extra copies to sell in competition with your clients is simply unacceptable, but what about cases of overproduced items or "serviceable rejects"? More products than needed are usually made in order to cover ones that get rejected.

If a product was deliberately produced in a limited quantity the clients may not want them, or the client may not want to deal with shipping or declaration confusion from having extra units thrown in unexpectedly, so most factories just destroy them, but this is pretty wasteful and disgusting in its own way. Some instead liquidate them as if they were overstock, usually at or near cost and in bulk. While I'm fine with the practice, if the prices are about the same as the legitimate ones that's a big red flag, and it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes between a factory just getting rid of unwanted extra units and a factory deliberately making extra in competition.

Ikessauro

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 21, 2021, 08:20:21 PM
There are two sides to situations like this. While it seems cut and dry because this is from a known swindler, it could have also happened with a legitimate factory.

Knowingly producing extra copies to sell in competition with your clients is simply unacceptable, but what about cases of overproduced items or "serviceable rejects"? More products than needed are usually made in order to cover ones that get rejected.

If a product was deliberately produced in a limited quantity the clients may not want them, or the client may not want to deal with shipping or declaration confusion from having extra units thrown in unexpectedly, so most factories just destroy them, but this is pretty wasteful and disgusting in its own way. Some instead liquidate them as if they were overstock, usually at or near cost and in bulk. While I'm fine with the practice, if the prices are about the same as the legitimate ones that's a big red flag, and it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes between a factory just getting rid of unwanted extra units and a factory deliberately making extra in competition.

If that was the case, the factory would be obligated to first talk about it with their client and ask for permission I think. If your client who paid for the production decides they don't want the models to be on the market, they have that right. As far as I know the factory never asked Yvy Figures about this, never mentioned overproduction or rejects. Yvy was totally caught off guard by the situation, as far as I know.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 21, 2021, 09:26:53 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on June 21, 2021, 08:20:21 PM

If that was the case, the factory would be obligated to first talk about it with their client and ask for permission I think. If your client who paid for the production decides they don't want the models to be on the market, they have that right. As far as I know the factory never asked Yvy Figures about this, never mentioned overproduction or rejects. Yvy was totally caught off guard by the situation, as far as I know.

Legitimate factories won't do that nor would ever such thoughts. We've been working with our current factory since 2015 and helped quite a few companies establishing their own brands, although we did have arguments even fights with our factory(mostly quote related) we are fully confident to say that not a single figure was released into the market behind our backs, not even unpainted kits.

Fembrogon

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, I don't suppose you or the other companies have tried contacting each other for some kind of joint legal action against this factory? I don't know the logistics behind something like that, or if it would actually be worth the effort; but I was curious since it sounds like this is a common enemy.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 23, 2021, 12:08:41 AM
avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, I don't suppose you or the other companies have tried contacting each other for some kind of joint legal action against this factory? I don't know the logistics behind something like that, or if it would actually be worth the effort; but I was curious since it sounds like this is a common enemy.

We've been trying to warn Vitae from the very beginning sadly they won't listen, instead they believed in lies told by that scum bag and backstabbed us on numerous occasions so we had no choice but to ask our sellers to boycott Vitae which is the very reason why their products disappread from most stores.

Fortunately we also warmed Eofauna so they dodged a bullet.

There's nothing we can do as international dispute is a very expensive, convoluted, and time consuming process, plus Zheng can just shut down his current office(he does not have a physical factory) and register a new company and you'll never find him again since none of us know his National ID or passport number, in conclusion if you find yourself caught in these mess then you are already doomed from the very beginning, there's zero chance of winning the case and you'd be luckly enough to get your moulds back.

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Fembrogon

Ugh. Well, hopefully word stays around so more companies avoid this ilk. I'm glad to hear at least EoFauna evaded a potential mess of their own.

Faelrin

Thanks for all the information from avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro , etc. This is honestly tragic yet another prehistoric model company has ended up in the wrong hands again, or at least as far as the factory is concerned, especially such a newcomer to the scene.

Looking at the official Yvy figures site, am I correct in thinking R$350,00 is nearly $70 USD (prior to shipping)? This was for the Standard addition. It's certainly one of the most beautiful spinosaurid figures out there, and one of a particularly neglected genera, but I may have to push it back far later in the year if it is going for that much currently, and again that isn't even taking into account international shipping. Heck I've even had to push back plans for getting the PNSO Yutyrannus I super wanted for now.

Granted I really hope Everything Dinosaur or even Dan's Dinosaurs (who is in my country) can officially carry it going forward. The more the better if possible.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ITdactyl

Yeah, exchange rate for 350 Brazilian Reals is currently 70.58 USD.
I wouldn't have minded 70USD for a statue, especially one that nice. I have (probably irrationally) spent more for smaller pieces - although admittedly I was waiting for shipping and customs fees to go back to pre-covid conditions.

To think they're selling for 23-26USD in Aliexpress, winning the casual buyers over will be an uphill battle for Yvy (considering people will always look for the "cheaper" option and very few will be aware of the legal issues).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just a note, mine did come in from Aliexpress today, I ordered the boxed version which was bent up a bit, model looks great but I don't see the extra paint detail really I paid for.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 23, 2021, 12:51:27 AM
Quote from: Fembrogon on June 23, 2021, 12:08:41 AM

We've been trying to warn Vitae from the very beginning sadly they won't listen, instead they believed in lies told by that scum bag and backstabbed us on numerous occasions so we had no choice but to ask our sellers to boycott Vitae which is the very reason why their products disappread from most stores.

There's nothing we can do as international dispute is a very expensive, convoluted, and time consuming process, plus Zheng can just shut down his current office(he does not have a physical factory) and register a new company and you'll never find him again since none of us know his National ID or passport number, in conclusion if you find yourself caught in these mess then you are already doomed from the very beginning, there's zero chance of winning the case and you'd be luckly enough to get your moulds back.

Because boycotting Vitae was the most altruistic way to help them... I think they were wondering why there's no international market for them, now it's confirmed they should thank you for that... Good thing avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna didn't get wrapped up in this stuff, otherwise they would have received the same "help".

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Mattyonyx on June 23, 2021, 11:40:20 AM
Because boycotting Vitae was the most altruistic thing to do to help them... I think they were wondering why there's no international market for them, now it's confirmed they should thank you for that... Good thing avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna didn't get wrapped up in this stuff, otherwise they would have received the same "help".

Yeah, I feel like I'm missing something in this story. You tried to warn Vitae about this factory's scummy business practices, and they didn't listen to you, so you asked your sellers to boycott Vitae? Because they "backstabbed" you? What does that mean?
Check out my customs thread!

stargatedalek

Sounds like it means REBOR really hasn't changed as much as some of us thought.

Psittacoraptor

Hmm, some interesting information in this thread. I think I'll be ordering that Vitae Jinyunpelta I've been eyeing for a while.  ;)

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteWe've been trying to warn Vitae from the very beginning sadly they won't listen, instead they believed in lies told by that scum bag and backstabbed us on numerous occasions so we had no choice but to ask our sellers to boycott Vitae which is the very reason why their products disappread from most stores.

Wat. I read this about 10 times now. Is there something i miss? If not: Wtf. wat.

Flaffy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 23, 2021, 12:51:27 AM

Care to shed more light on this? avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO

Skorpio V.

"SCUM BAG" "BACKSTABBED" "BOYCOTT": HEAR REBOR'S EXCLUSIVE TELL-ALL STORY HERE!!

Ahhhh, vague shade strikes again, gives me more hope a dinosaur tabloid can be made  ;D 
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: